Page 21 of 41 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 405

Thread: LGBT Non-Discrimation Vote Passes Senate [W:215]

  1. #201
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    re: LGBT Non-Discrimation Vote Passes Senate [W:215]

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    I think it's crazy that we've come to a point in this country where people think it's normal for a man to tuck in his junk and dress up like a lady, and we should all just turn the other way and accept it.

    Wild.
    I wonder if I think really hard I could be Batman... I suppose if I truly believe I'm Batman progressives will view me as Batman...

  2. #202
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,789

    re: LGBT Non-Discrimation Vote Passes Senate [W:215]

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    1.)Yeah, except that I have to associate with them, I can't fire them or not hire them for the reasons that I desire because they would be "unacceptable" according to the state, and I can not deny them serve for reasons I desire because the state would find those reasons "unacceptable".
    2.) Its basically making my opinion on the matter irreverent
    3.) and making me deal with people I don't desire to.
    4.) He is right when he says it's authoritarian nonsense.
    1.)you can try and reword it anyway your anger inspires you too but its meaningless, what it actually and factually does is it helps protect equal rights and it doesn't allow you to break the law and violate peoples rights and or illegal discriminate. Its AWESOME!
    2.) not basically, your OPINION is factually irrelevant. Just like it should when it comes to protecting equal rights
    3.) no that will be 100% your choice
    4.) so both of you share an OPINION, supported by zero fact awesome.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #203
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    re: LGBT Non-Discrimation Vote Passes Senate [W:215]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    I wonder if I think really hard I could be Batman... I suppose if I truly believe I'm Batman progressives will view me as Batman...
    They need to put something in the bill protecting your right to dress up like Batman at work. If you want to dress up like Batman at work, you should be able to do so free from discrimination.

    I think this bill discriminates against people who want to dress up like cartoon characters. I object to the bigotry.

  4. #204
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,789

    re: LGBT Non-Discrimation Vote Passes Senate [W:215]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    I think J still doesn't understand that I put him on ignore like 3-months ago...
    doesnt matter when you are factually wrong ill point it out each and every time
    which is the majority of your posts
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #205
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,789

    re: LGBT Non-Discrimation Vote Passes Senate [W:215]

    seeing the fear and anger the bigots and people that support discrimination and are not in favor of equal rights is awesome, why?
    simply because they know the writing is on the wall, equality is winning and bigotry and or discrimination is losing.

    Im very happy i get to witness it in my life time, there was a time where i didnt think it would happen, i only thought my daughter would see it but thats not the case and its awesome and very inspiring to see my country work on righting one of its wrongs.

    ALways a great thing to see legal, human and civil rights be honored and protected. Why this fact ever upsets and angers people ill never know.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #206
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    re: LGBT Non-Discrimation Vote Passes Senate [W:215]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.)you can try and reword it anyway your anger inspires you too but its meaningless, what it actually and factually does is it helps protect equal rights and it doesn't allow you to break the law and violate peoples rights and or illegal discriminate. Its AWESOME!
    There is that term again. I wish you would learn what it means. Forcing people to associate with others and provide them service is not equal rights. Can the property owner remove people on their own free for any reason they desire? No. Can they refuse service to anyone they desire for any reason? No. Can they not hire people for any reason they desire? No. Can they fire people for any reason they desire? No. So what do we have here, do you think? Lets see, the right to association was violated, the right to property was violated, and the right to ones labor and service was violated. If you mean equal rights by imposing your will on others, then yeah, equal rights, but if you mean equal rights, as in, both parties consent and no one is forced into service for someone else? Not so much. Maybe you should learn what terms mean.

    2.) not basically, your OPINION is factually irrelevant. Just like it should when it comes to protecting equal rights
    If you understood that term you keep using I would care what you have to say, but thankfully, you haven't a clue what it means.


    3.) no that will be 100% your choice
    Oh right, the you don't have to go into business argument. I believe we already went over how stupid that argument is. Refer to the former posts on the subject.

    4.) so both of you share an OPINION, supported by zero fact awesome.
    There is no way you could actually say that at this point.

  7. #207
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: Senate passes LGBT anti-discrimination bill

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) nope Im 100% correct that this does not apply to only a small group, it bans discrimination based on sexual orientation that means it protects you too LOL
    Thanks for proving that you too are severely uneducated on this bill and what it actually does.
    I cant even believe you were topically uneducated enough to double down on the mentally retarded idea that this only applies to a small group, then again, with you, dealign with this topic and facts, maybe i shouldnt be surprised.
    Technically I suppose it does, but so what? You're nit picking the true nature of this bill. When was the last time you heard a heterosexual claim they were discriminated against based on their heterosexualism? Probably never, so to whom does this law really apply too? Your failure to acknowledge that is what marginalizes you constantly in these threads.


    2.) doesnt matter who "embraces" the bill and actually in polling the majority embrace it, wrong again.
    Of course it matters because it solidifies the argument that many are making here, and that is this is a law that although applies to everyone, (Like all laws are supposed too) really only a very small few that would ever need to use it.


    3.) your experience is also meaningless to the facts
    What facts? My experience is all I have. I've met many gays and they all exhibit the same character flaws. Perhaps your experiences are much different, are they?


    4.) yes that is just you
    Naw, can't be, but if it makes you feel better about yourself then I'm super duper ok with it.


    as usual on this topic you are completely wrong and have no clue what you are talking about, try reading the bill, it protects you just like it protects all of us.
    Always a pleasure using facts to prove you wrong and exposed and destroy your failed posts.
    Claiming that the bill protects all of us is like stating the blatantly obvious, thank you. You have a remarkable knack for doing just that, but when challenged on the minutia and the finer details of a particular issue, you fall back on the painfully obvious and claim that the minutia and finer details lack standing. All laws protect all of us equally, at least they're supposed to, so now what AGENTJ, how do we further the argument? How about an approach similar to that presented here in this thread that perhaps, just perhaps after the factually recognizable obvious nature of all laws applying to all Americans, but the objective notion that perhaps, just maybe, maybe even most assuredly this particular law in all practical applications really only applies to homosexuals? And to further it even more, perhaps, just perhaps this law was designed to pin conservatives to the political wall in the Senate and the House, and was passed not so much because democrats care about homosexuals more than republicans, but to create a contentious issue for the upcoming mid-terms that would allow democrats that are in trouble because of Obamacare another manufactured football they can pass on to republicans and make whatever political hey they wish to make as a direct attack vehicle? Pandering doesn't make any sense, dems already have the gay vote, but they do need fodder, and painting republicans as racists, and homophobes seems to work well these days..


    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  8. #208
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    re: LGBT Non-Discrimation Vote Passes Senate [W:215]

    Sorry authoritarian progs - everyday isn't Halloween and no "Bill" will make it Halloween.

    Of course you don't respect my position and RIGHT to disagree...

  9. #209
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,789

    re: LGBT Non-Discrimation Vote Passes Senate [W:215]

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    1.)There is that term again. I wish you would learn what equal rights means.
    2.)Forcing people to associate with others and provide them service is not equal rights. Can the property owner remove people on their own free for any reason they desire? No. Can they refuse service to anyone they desire for any reason? No. Can they decide not hire people for any reason they desire? No. Can they fire people for any reason they desire? No. So what do we have here, do you think? Lets see, the right to association was violated, the right to property, and the right to ones labor and service. If you mean equal rights by imposing your will on others, then yeah, equal rights, but if you mean equal rights, as in, both parties consent and no one is forced into service for someone else? Not so much. Maybe you should learn what terms mean.



    3.)If you understood that term you keep using I would care what you have to say, but thankfully, you haven't a clue what it means.




    4.) Oh right, the you don't have to go into business argument. I believe we already went over how stupid that argument is. Refer to the former posts on the subject.



    There is no way you could actually say that at this point.
    1.) i agree you should learn what it means im using it how facts, law, rights, court cases, ordinances, reality and court precedence define it

    what imaginary definition are you using?

    2.) factually not happening, your point loses to facts again
    no they can not break the law and violate rights

    please let me know where you get your made up definition from and why it trumps facts, law, rights, court cases, ordinances, reality and court precedence cant wait to read the next bit of failed factually wrong, humor you post

    3.) see #1 and #2
    another one of your points destroyed by facts

    4.) yes it was pointed out by me and others how stupid and mentally retarded your made up and failed argument was.
    Facts are nobody forces you to break the law and violate peoples rights thats your choice, this fact will never change no matter home much humorous foot stomping you do

    5.) of course i can because its true, unless of course youd like to list those facts that you think support your already proven lies now, please do so our entertainment can continue.

    after that please post ANY fact you have that trump the facts, law, rights, court cases, ordinances, reality and court precedence that proves you wrong . . .heck . . post ONE thing . . . . one
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #210
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    re: LGBT Non-Discrimation Vote Passes Senate [W:215]

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    because the house is too spineless to let it come up for a vote?
    Yes, much like your Senate was for many of the House's bills during the shutdown. This goes both ways dude. The whole friggin Congress sucks, not just one side of it.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

Page 21 of 41 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •