Page 17 of 41 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 405

Thread: LGBT Non-Discrimation Vote Passes Senate [W:215]

  1. #161
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    re: LGBT Non-Discrimation Vote Passes Senate [W:215]

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    LOL, well, our society has decided they're rights, so they are. I understand your underlying principles, although I disagree with them, but the fact that you would rather have some people get special protections while denying it to others just ends up doing more harm.
    Society decided nothing. Government however decided to ignore their own constitution and the rights of the people. I don't consider anything harmful about protecting the rights of people.

    As I stated, the overwhelming majority of our society considers discrimination laws a very good thing. You don't have to, because we'll progress without you. However, you should be able to at least respect equality under the law.
    No, they don't. It's actually hovers right around fifty percent while on occasion slipping below the fifty percent approval rating. Not surprisingly, the polls at DP have about the same results. These laws have never had majority support, and from the looks of it, they never will.

    I don't agree with a lot of things our government does, IE: obamacare, permanent welfare, etc., but I'm not about to support a situation where those things are given to say whites, but not to blacks. That's essentially all you're doing.
    This does not deal with government, so your argument doesn't seem to apply.
    Last edited by Henrin; 11-08-13 at 09:11 AM.

  2. #162
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    re: LGBT Non-Discrimation Vote Passes Senate [W:215]

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    Then you'll be "that guy" over in the corner with the KKK types screaming about a fake notion of liberty. Nobody cares or will take you seriously.

    Ah, the good old days, back when store owners could kick out black families for being black.
    Expect that half of the country agrees with me. So when are these laws going to get majority support? Maybe in another 50 years they will finally enjoy majority support after years and years of telling students the laws are good in public schools. Oh wait, they have been doing that already and it's still not enjoying majority support. Shame.
    Last edited by Henrin; 11-08-13 at 09:08 AM.

  3. #163
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,587

    re: LGBT Non-Discrimation Vote Passes Senate [W:215]

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Society decided nothing. Government however decided to ignore their own constitution and the rights of the people. I don't consider anything harmful about protecting the rights of people.



    No, they don't. It's actually hovers right around fifty percent while on occasion slipping below the fifty percent approval rating. Not surprisingly, the polls at DP have about the same results. These laws have never had majority support, and from the looks of it, they never will.



    This does not deal with government, so your argument doesn't seem to apply.


    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Expect that half of the country agrees with me. So when are these laws going to get majority support? Maybe in another 50 years they will finally enjoy majority support after years and years of telling students the laws are good in public schools. Oh wait, they have been doing that already and it's still not enjoying majority support. Shame.
    You're really going to sit there and with a straight face try to tell me that half of the country wants businesses to be able to discriminate against blacks, for instance? You are completely out of your mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  4. #164
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    re: LGBT Non-Discrimation Vote Passes Senate [W:215]

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    You're really going to sit there and with a straight face try to tell me that half of the country wants businesses to be able to discriminate against blacks, for instance? You are completely out of your mind.
    I've actually looked at polls on the topic to know a thing or two about what people think on the topic. I'm not just going by what politicians are telling everyone on what the majority of the country thinks. I don't really care if democrats think the majority of the country is on their side and I don't frankly care if you do either. The fact of the matter is you're both wrong.

  5. #165
    Assassin
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,530

    re: LGBT Non-Discrimation Vote Passes Senate [W:215]

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Are you mad that I don't accept your absurd notion that I should compromise on my rights? Sorry dearly but a man of reason doesn't accept your nonsense that you have a right to enter property that is not your own, force others to serve you, force others to associate with you, the right to employment if my reason is not up to your standards. The fact of the matter is I have the right to ignore your ass, the right to throw you off my property, the right decide not to hire you, and finally the right to fire you for any reason I damn well please. You don't have the right to tell me, a property owner, what to do. You do however have the right to leave or be kicked out. You can call it whatever you want, but it's actually called protecting the liberty and property of others.
    Your rights are what the rest of us decide to let you have. As the old white jerks that grew up in the 60's and 70's die off, the country is going to swing pretty dramatically towards progressivism. Once that happens the end of your guys little Hitler reign of terror will be over.

  6. #166
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    re: LGBT Non-Discrimation Vote Passes Senate [W:215]

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    Your rights are what the rest of us decide to let you have. As the old white jerks that grew up in the 60's and 70's die off, the country is going to swing pretty dramatically towards progressivism. Once that happens the end of your guys little Hitler reign of terror will be over.
    Yes, the old the government is the master and the people are the slaves mindset. It's not worth ****. Btw, I wasn't born in the 60's or 70's. Why don't you guess how old I am for laughs.
    Last edited by Henrin; 11-08-13 at 10:27 AM.

  7. #167
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,587

    re: LGBT Non-Discrimation Vote Passes Senate [W:215]

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    I've actually looked at polls on the topic to know a thing or two about what people think on the topic. I'm not just going by what politicians are telling everyone on what the majority of the country thinks. I don't really care if democrats think the majority of the country is on their side and I don't frankly care if you do either. The fact of the matter is you're both wrong.
    I'd like to see the poll that says half of Americans think people should be able to kick people out of their restaurants for being black. I think you might be confusing equal gay rights with discrimination laws in general.

    Source please.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  8. #168
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,827

    re: LGBT Non-Discrimation Vote Passes Senate [W:215]

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    1.)The right to what again?
    2.) Oh right, the right to force others to serve you
    3.) the right to enter property that is not your own
    4.) the right to force others to associate with you
    5.) the right to employment if the reason to not hire or fire you is that you are a protected class.
    6.) Yeah, it's funny, but I don't see anything there that is actually a right.
    1.) not to be unfairly discriminated against and denied equal rights
    2.) facts already prove there is no force and this inst happening, your opinion and philosophies fail and lose again to facts
    3.) see #2
    4.) see #2
    5.) see #2
    6.) you are right that is EXTREMELY funny thats how you see it. Now that you identified the problem maybe you can fix it.And the problem is you dont see facts to good. Like many have told you, what YOU see doesnt matter nobody cares about your failed opinions and philosophies, they are 100% meaningless.

    We have rights, laws, legislation, ordinances, court cases, court precedence, reality and facts on our side. Remind me what you have again?

    Oh thats right nothing but hurt feelings, anger and opinions. Let me know when that changes.


    SOrry protecting rights bothers you, these laws arent going anywhere and they are to protect everybody. Dont like the rules, dont play the game its that simply. Pouting and moaning isnt going to change facts and reality. And most people simply dont buy in to your failed opinions and philosophies.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #169
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    re: LGBT Non-Discrimation Vote Passes Senate [W:215]

    Agent, is there ever going to come a time when you learn how to respond to people?

  10. #170
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,827

    re: LGBT Non-Discrimation Vote Passes Senate [W:215]

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    LOL, well, our society has decided they're rights, so they are. I understand your underlying principles, although I disagree with them, but the fact that you would rather have some people get special protections while denying it to others just ends up doing more harm.

    As I stated, the overwhelming majority of our society considers discrimination laws a very good thing. You don't have to, because we'll progress without you. However, you should be able to at least respect equality under the law.

    I don't agree with a lot of things our government does, IE: obamacare, permanent welfare, etc., but I'm not about to support a situation where those things are given to say whites, but not to blacks. That's essentially all you're doing.



    Then you'll be "that guy" over in the corner with the KKK types screaming about a fake notion of liberty. Nobody cares or will take you seriously.

    Ah, the good old days, back when store owners could kick out black families for being black.
    ding ding ding ding

    this is correct
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Page 17 of 41 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •