Page 16 of 41 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 405

Thread: LGBT Non-Discrimation Vote Passes Senate [W:215]

  1. #151
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    re: LGBT Non-Discrimation Vote Passes Senate [W:215]

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    Don't worry I understand Libertarians pretty well. They think they have all the rights at everyone else's expense. You think all the worlds resources are yours to do as you please with zero input from anyone else. The reason you think this way is because you are extremely egocentric.

    Egocentrism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    This is the main driver behind Libertarian and Conservative ideology. This is why they just can't understand anyone else that doesn't think the same way they do. They only see the world through their own selfish eyes and think they should have everything 100% at everyone else's 0%, and it is not just fair, but legal, constitutional, and morally right.

    This is why you people are such a pest to everyone else that works to share this Earth.
    Are you mad that I don't accept your absurd notion that I should compromise on my rights? Sorry dearly but a man of reason doesn't accept your nonsense that you have a right to enter property that is not your own, force others to serve you, force others to associate with you, the right to employment if my reason is not up to your standards. The fact of the matter is I have the right to ignore your ass, the right to throw you off my property, the right decide not to hire you, and finally the right to fire you for any reason I damn well please. You don't have the right to tell me, a property owner, what to do. You do however have the right to leave or be kicked out. You can call it whatever you want, but it's actually called protecting the liberty and property of others.

  2. #152
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    re: LGBT Non-Discrimation Vote Passes Senate [W:215]

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    People are actually fighting for a so called "right' to discriminate. You agree with that? You think gays should be able to be fired just because they are gay? Really? Do you REALLY want to fight for that right? What's next, fired for being Black? Christian? Muslim?

    I mean are you ok with this?
    Yes, I really want to fight for that right. Is there something wrong with the right to association, the right to property, and the right to owns labor and service?

  3. #153
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    re: LGBT Non-Discrimation Vote Passes Senate [W:215]

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    You and I have different definitions of "quantify."
    That is because you don't understand human rights.

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Thank you for going above and beyond the call of duty in making my point. Haters gonna hate.

    Bottom line is that, if someone has a business that serves the public, then he must serve ALL of the public. He can't decide to kick people out because they are black, or because they are gay.
    Thank god the government made up the idea that businesses serve the public. Those individuals you speaking of were trespassing on private property. Just like you have the right to have someone removed from your property when they refuse to leave, the business has such a right as well. Sorry, but is there a reason you support the idea that private property should be treated like public property? Oh right, because the government told you it was ok. Thanks.

  4. #154
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,587

    re: LGBT Non-Discrimation Vote Passes Senate [W:215]

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Yes, I really want to fight for that right. Is there something wrong with the right to association, the right to property, and the right to owns labor and service?
    I don't think the question here should be "should discrimination laws exist?", but rather "should LGBT be added to the long list of protected classes?". I can see your view point as to right to association. However, that decision isn't on the chopping block now, as it was already decided long ago and doesn't look to go anywhere.

    So, we live in a society where it's illegal to discriminate, the question then becomes "shouldn't everybody be protected equally under the law?"

    Do you have a reason why LGBT shouldn't fall under a protected class, considering things like religion, race, gender, age, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, disability, veterans, etc. are already protected classes?
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  5. #155
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    re: LGBT Non-Discrimation Vote Passes Senate [W:215]

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    I don't think the question here should be "should discrimination laws exist?", but rather "should LGBT be added to the long list of protected classes?". I can see your view point as to right to association. However, that decision isn't on the chopping block now, as it was already decided long ago and doesn't look to go anywhere.

    So, we live in a society where it's illegal to discriminate, the question then becomes "shouldn't everybody be protected equally under the law?"

    Do you have a reason why LGBT shouldn't fall under a protected class, considering things like religion, race, gender, age, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, disability, veterans, etc. are already protected classes?
    Why don't we just ban discrimination? Why do we even allow liberty? These are dumb questions that I don't humor, and just like those questions I don't humor the idea we should tolerate or expand public accommodation laws. I have no interest in expanding the laws to further the abuse. None.

  6. #156
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    re: LGBT Non-Discrimation Vote Passes Senate [W:215]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    cant be done cause there isnt any REAL damage, there are benefits though

    discrimination loses and rights are protected
    The right to what again? Oh right, the right to force others to serve you, the right to enter property that is not your own, the right to force others to associate with you, the right to employment if the reason to not hire or fire you is that you are a protected class. Yeah, it's funny, but I don't see anything there that is actually a right.

  7. #157
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,587

    re: LGBT Non-Discrimation Vote Passes Senate [W:215]

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Why don't we just ban discrimination? Why do we even allow liberty? These are dumb questions that I don't humor, and just like those questions I don't humor the idea we should tolerate or expand public accommodation laws. I have no interest in expanding the laws to further the abuse. None.
    The discrimination laws aren't new, and they're not going away. You're just going to have to live with that. They will exist until your dying breath. So why shouldn't all citizens be covered and not just some? Why would you prefer that some have rights that others don't?
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  8. #158
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    re: LGBT Non-Discrimation Vote Passes Senate [W:215]

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    The discrimination laws aren't new, and they're not going away. You're just going to have to live with that. They will exist until your dying breath. So why shouldn't all citizens be covered and not just some? Why would you prefer that some have rights that others don't?
    They are not rights, but right infringements. I'm not going to support the further infringement on peoples rights just for fairness sake. Sorry, but not only is that argument illogical, but it's simply supports injustice over justice. I'm not playing along with it.

  9. #159
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    re: LGBT Non-Discrimation Vote Passes Senate [W:215]

    Btw, I'm well aware that public accommodation laws are not new and when people are out celebrating their 50th year anniversary next year I will be the voice telling them that they are all douchebags.

  10. #160
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,587

    re: LGBT Non-Discrimation Vote Passes Senate [W:215]

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    They are not rights, but right infringements. I'm not going to support the further infringement on peoples rights just for fairness sake. Sorry, but not only is that argument illogical, but it's simply supports injustice over justice. I'm not playing along with it.
    LOL, well, our society has decided they're rights, so they are. I understand your underlying principles, although I disagree with them, but the fact that you would rather have some people get special protections while denying it to others just ends up doing more harm.

    As I stated, the overwhelming majority of our society considers discrimination laws a very good thing. You don't have to, because we'll progress without you. However, you should be able to at least respect equality under the law.

    I don't agree with a lot of things our government does, IE: obamacare, permanent welfare, etc., but I'm not about to support a situation where those things are given to say whites, but not to blacks. That's essentially all you're doing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Btw, I'm well aware that public accommodation laws are not new and when people are out celebrating their 50th year anniversary next year I will be the voice telling them that they are all douchebags.
    Then you'll be "that guy" over in the corner with the KKK types screaming about a fake notion of liberty. Nobody cares or will take you seriously.

    Ah, the good old days, back when store owners could kick out black families for being black.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

Page 16 of 41 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •