Page 54 of 69 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
Results 531 to 540 of 685

Thread: Common Core lessons blasted for sneaking politics into elementary classrooms

  1. #531
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: Common Core lessons blasted for sneaking politics into elementary classrooms

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Why do teachers hide from objective assessment of their own performance? If its about the kids lets get rid of the slacking teachers.
    Same drivel different poster.

  2. #532
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,123

    Re: Common Core lessons blasted for sneaking politics into elementary classrooms

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    Same drivel different poster.
    i agree
    no matter that many of the kids in the teacher's classroom thrive
    that could not be because she is a good teacher
    but when some struggle, the knee jerk (emphasis on jerk) response is 'the teacher is bad', no matter if the kid has weak aptitude and/or other innate barriers to learning
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  3. #533
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Common Core lessons blasted for sneaking politics into elementary classrooms

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    i agree
    no matter that many of the kids in the teacher's classroom thrive
    that could not be because she is a good teacher
    but when some struggle, the knee jerk (emphasis on jerk) response is 'the teacher is bad', no matter if the kid has weak aptitude and/or other innate barriers to learning
    the kids with difficulty should be isolated, why should the kids there to learn have to suffer? Would you volunteer your child for that classroom?

  4. #534
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,123

    Re: Common Core lessons blasted for sneaking politics into elementary classrooms

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    the kids with difficulty should be isolated, why should the kids there to learn have to suffer? Would you volunteer your child for that classroom?
    i agree. they should be ability grouped
    so, why are you blaming the teachers?
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  5. #535
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Common Core lessons blasted for sneaking politics into elementary classrooms

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    i agree. they should be ability grouped
    so, why are you blaming the teachers?
    As stated, the problem is multifactorial. There is active resistance here to ability grouping, teachers claim being around kids who know how to learn and behave is helpful to those trouble kids-I dont know about that but even if true-how is that fair to the other kids?

    What happens when kids are ability grouped and they tend to have more of certain minority ethnicities? Or english as a second language kids? Then it will be said that ability grouping punishes minorities, etc.

    This is how it is here in california.

  6. #536
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,123

    Re: Common Core lessons blasted for sneaking politics into elementary classrooms

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    As stated, the problem is multifactorial. There is active resistance here to ability grouping, teachers claim being around kids who know how to learn and behave is helpful to those trouble kids-I dont know about that but even if true-how is that fair to the other kids?

    What happens when kids are ability grouped and they tend to have more of certain minority ethnicities? Or english as a second language kids? Then it will be said that ability grouping punishes minorities, etc.

    This is how it is here in california.
    i know of no teachers who are opposed to ability grouping in class rooms


    so, why continue to blame them for circumstances beyond their control?
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  7. #537
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Common Core lessons blasted for sneaking politics into elementary classrooms

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    i know of no teachers who are opposed to ability grouping in class rooms


    so, why continue to blame them for circumstances beyond their control?
    I know several, most of whom are elementary school teachers here in California. I certainly didnt make up that excuse.

    They also say the problem with ability grouping classes is one teacher may get stuck with more of these kids, meaning they get lower assessment scores. Our "caring" teachers at work. BTW-each kid brings in about 16K/year here in california-and our scores STILL suck.

  8. #538
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Common Core lessons blasted for sneaking politics into elementary classrooms

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    i know of no teachers who are opposed to ability grouping in class rooms


    so, why continue to blame them for circumstances beyond their control?
    It's a freaking mindless slogan.

    Any and every problem must be blamed on the teachers.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  9. #539
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: Common Core lessons blasted for sneaking politics into elementary classrooms

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    I know several, most of whom are elementary school teachers here in California. I certainly didnt make up that excuse.

    They also say the problem with ability grouping classes is one teacher may get stuck with more of these kids, meaning they get lower assessment scores.
    Hmmm, and that isn't a valid "excuse"?

  10. #540
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Common Core lessons blasted for sneaking politics into elementary classrooms

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    It's a freaking mindless slogan.

    Any and every problem must be blamed on the teachers.
    Generally the problem isn't funding. Very little can be done about what happens at home. And teachers are defending mediocrity while actively fighting objective standards and alternative venues that dramatically outperform public schools.

    Face it-decades of our socialized education system has resulted in a poor product, govt incompetence, and all of the typical govt worker/union mediocrity you could want.

Page 54 of 69 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •