Page 39 of 69 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 390 of 685

Thread: Common Core lessons blasted for sneaking politics into elementary classrooms

  1. #381
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Common Core lessons blasted for sneaking politics into elementary classrooms

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    yes, kind of the way debate works
    so, share with us how that second amendment excerpt was in such error and why that is found to be moving our nation's children in the direction of the nazi youth


    make me care. explain for me - and any other dubious reader - why your allegation should be found other than laughable
    I already stated the answer and gave an explicit citation - which you literally danced around and now you're asking the same question....

    Amazing...

    What is wrong with you progressives?

    It's like you pretend ideas don't exist because inconvenient truths devalue your argument - so you just ignore the ideas and ask the same question like it wasn't already answered...

  2. #382
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Gina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    31,869

    Re: Common Core lessons blasted for sneaking politics into elementary classrooms

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    Unlike u guys?

    Democracy Alliance -

    Founding Directors:

    Rob McKay, Chair - Mother Jones, Salon, etc.
    Anna Burger, Vice Chair, SEIU
    Drummond Pike, Treasurer Tides Network, major funder of education based curriculum
    William Budinger
    Robert H. Dugger
    Al Dwoskin
    Dr. Gail Furman, ACSW, PhD
    Robert A. Johnson
    Steven Phillips
    Charles Rodgers
    Deborah Sagner
    Michael Vachon - personal spokesman and advisor to George Soros
    Rob Stein, Founder

    Annenberg Learner

    Part of Annenberg Foundation - Progressive Group partners with Soros and Peter Lewis, billionaire head of Progressive Insurance

    Mission and History

    Mission
    Annenberg Learner's mission is to "Advance Excellent Teaching in American Schools." We have pursued this mission for more than three decades by funding and distributing multimedia resources for teachers (K-12 and college levels) to teach their subjects and to stay up-to-date in their fields. As our name Annenberg Learner implies, we focus on the teacher as a learner, as well as the student as a learner. In fact, all adults who are lifelong learners have enjoyed and benefited from using our resources.


    This list of Progressive Machine forces, who are currently inside our Nations Public Schools can go on and on.

    Here's a sliver of the list of causes the Progressive Machine support financially

    ACORN
    Air America Radio network
    America Votes
    AmericanForeignPolicy, [5]
    Catalist, [6]
    Center for American Progress
    Center for Community Change
    Center for Progressive Leadership
    Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington, CREW
    Center on Budget and Policy Priorities, [7]
    Democracy: A Journal of Ideas, [8]
    EMILY's List
    Kirwan Institute
    Media Matters for America
    New Democratic Network, [9]
    People for the American Way, [10]
    Progress Now
    Progressive Majority, [11]
    Secretary of State Project
    Sierra Club
    USAction
    VoteVets, [12]
    Young People For, [13]
    Women's Voices. Women Vote., [14]
    Do you know who the Annenbergs are? That the Annenberg Learner is a division of the Annenberg Foundation, which was founded by Walter and Lenore Annenberg.


    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walter_Annenberg
    They helped elect President Reagan. Walter was an ambassador to Great Britain under Nixon. He knew President Reagan since the 30's.

    The Annenbergs conservative bona fides are very strong.
    I don't attack my constituents. Bob is my constituent now.
    This is the important stuff. We canít get lost in discrimination. We canít get lost in B.S. We canít get lost tearing each other down. I want to make a point here that no matter what you look like, where you come from, how you worship, who you love, how you identify, and yeah, how you run, that if you have good public policy ideas, if you are well qualified for office, bring those ideas to the table, because this is your America, too. This is our commonwealth of Virginia, too.
    Danica Roem - The nation's first openly transgender person elected to serve in a U.S. state legislature.

  3. #383
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: Common Core lessons blasted for sneaking politics into elementary classrooms

    Quote Originally Posted by Gina View Post
    Do you know who the Annenbergs are? That the Annenberg Learner is a division of the Annenberg Foundation, which was founded by Walter and Lenore Annenberg.


    Walter Annenberg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    They helped elect President Reagan. Walter was an ambassador to Great Britain under Nixon. He knew President Reagan since the 30's.

    The Annenbergs conservative bona fides are very strong.
    I know very well what the Annenberg Foundation is. I also know very well what it was when Walter Annenberg set it up. I also know what became of it when Walters daughter, Wallice Annenberg became Chairman upon her parents death. What it has become would cause it's founder, Walter, to roll over in his grave.

    Today, the Annenberg Foundation, along with the Ford Foundation, and other multi-billion dollar trusts are part of the Progressive Machine, who have joined forces with George Soros and other radical Progressives, to push the progressive agenda.

    If you want to refute these carved in stone facts, I would advise you get informed, because the facts are strong and irrefutable.

  4. #384
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Gina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    31,869

    Re: Common Core lessons blasted for sneaking politics into elementary classrooms

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    I know very well what the Annenberg Foundation is. I also know very well what it was when Walter Annenberg set it up. I also know what became of it when Walters daughter, Wallice Annenberg became Chairman upon her parents death. What it has become would cause it's founder, Walter, to roll over in his grave.

    Today, the Annenberg Foundation, along with the Ford Foundation, and other multi-billion dollar trusts are part of the Progressive Machine, who have joined forces with George Soros and other radical Progressives, to push the progressive agenda.

    If you want to refute these carved in stone facts, I would advise you get informed, because the facts are strong and irrefutable.
    He was nine years from the grave when his personal initiative, the Annenberg Challenge awarded Bill Ayers group a 49.2 million dollar grant for winning the Chicago challenge in 1993. Walter headed the foundation until his death in 2002. One of the core initiatives was the Annenberg/Corporation for Public Broadcasting, now the Annenberg Learner.

    And it's Wallis.
    I don't attack my constituents. Bob is my constituent now.
    This is the important stuff. We canít get lost in discrimination. We canít get lost in B.S. We canít get lost tearing each other down. I want to make a point here that no matter what you look like, where you come from, how you worship, who you love, how you identify, and yeah, how you run, that if you have good public policy ideas, if you are well qualified for office, bring those ideas to the table, because this is your America, too. This is our commonwealth of Virginia, too.
    Danica Roem - The nation's first openly transgender person elected to serve in a U.S. state legislature.

  5. #385
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,129

    Re: Common Core lessons blasted for sneaking politics into elementary classrooms

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    I already stated the answer and gave an explicit citation - which you literally danced around and now you're asking the same question....

    Amazing...

    What is wrong with you progressives?

    It's like you pretend ideas don't exist because inconvenient truths devalue your argument - so you just ignore the ideas and ask the same question like it wasn't already answered...
    [emphasis added by bubba for the reading impaired]

    you offered no answer
    only an opinion
    and a very stupid one
    one which you are unable to support when challenged to do so
    why are you wasting our time when you could instead be reading some conspiracy rag
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  6. #386
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: Common Core lessons blasted for sneaking politics into elementary classrooms

    Quote Originally Posted by Gina View Post
    He was nine years from the grave when his personal initiative, the Annenberg Challenge awarded Bill Ayers group a 49.2 million dollar grant for winning the Chicago challenge in 1993. Walter headed the foundation until his death in 2002. One of the core initiatives was the Annenberg/Corporation for Public Broadcasting, now the Annenberg Learner.
    Annenberg Learner is an attempt to inject a Progressive Agenda into our Public Schools.

    Perhaps you should visit the Annenberg Learner website and review the lesson plans and other school literature they provide.

    Annenberg Learner - Teacher Professional Development

    Google "Annenberg Foundation Tides Foundation Ford Foundation Knight Foundation"

    Note how all of them appear on the same list of donors to the same type of liberal progressive causes.

    There is no escaping the truth about Annenberg, or any of these other "foundations". What were once multi-billion dollar trusts set up by some of the titans of industry, are now controlled by Progressive ideologues determined to reinvent achievement into their own view of what people are allowed to become.

  7. #387
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    34,857

    Re: Common Core lessons blasted for sneaking politics into elementary classrooms

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    Unlike u guys?

    Democracy Alliance -

    Founding Directors:

    Rob McKay, Chair - Mother Jones, Salon, etc.
    Anna Burger, Vice Chair, SEIU
    Drummond Pike, Treasurer Tides Network, major funder of education based curriculum
    William Budinger
    Robert H. Dugger
    Al Dwoskin
    Dr. Gail Furman, ACSW, PhD
    Robert A. Johnson
    Steven Phillips
    Charles Rodgers
    Deborah Sagner
    Michael Vachon - personal spokesman and advisor to George Soros
    Rob Stein, Founder

    Annenberg Learner

    Part of Annenberg Foundation - Progressive Group partners with Soros and Peter Lewis, billionaire head of Progressive Insurance

    Mission and History

    Mission
    Annenberg Learner's mission is to "Advance Excellent Teaching in American Schools." We have pursued this mission for more than three decades by funding and distributing multimedia resources for teachers (K-12 and college levels) to teach their subjects and to stay up-to-date in their fields. As our name Annenberg Learner implies, we focus on the teacher as a learner, as well as the student as a learner. In fact, all adults who are lifelong learners have enjoyed and benefited from using our resources.


    This list of Progressive Machine forces, who are currently inside our Nations Public Schools can go on and on.

    Here's a sliver of the list of causes the Progressive Machine support financially

    ACORN
    Air America Radio network
    America Votes
    AmericanForeignPolicy, [5]
    Catalist, [6]
    Center for American Progress
    Center for Community Change
    Center for Progressive Leadership
    Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington, CREW
    Center on Budget and Policy Priorities, [7]
    Democracy: A Journal of Ideas, [8]
    EMILY's List
    Kirwan Institute
    Media Matters for America
    New Democratic Network, [9]
    People for the American Way, [10]
    Progress Now
    Progressive Majority, [11]
    Secretary of State Project
    Sierra Club
    USAction
    VoteVets, [12]
    Young People For, [13]
    Women's Voices. Women Vote., [14]
    Wtf does any of this have to do with the price of tea in china?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  8. #388
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: Common Core lessons blasted for sneaking politics into elementary classrooms

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Wtf does any of this have to do with the price of tea in china?
    LOL.

    Everything.

  9. #389
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Common Core lessons blasted for sneaking politics into elementary classrooms

    You progressives, and liberals in here should watch this, and learn something.

    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #390
    Preserve Protect Defend
    Beaudreaux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Covfefe, NC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,566

    Re: Common Core lessons blasted for sneaking politics into elementary classrooms

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    You progressives, and liberals in here should watch this, and learn something.

    Damn. You beat me to it!!!

    Just saw this on LiveLeak and immediately grabbed it off YouTube to post here... and then... I see your post. Damn.

    Great post by the way.

    This kid is insightful way beyond his years.
    Last edited by Beaudreaux; 11-15-13 at 01:21 PM.

Page 39 of 69 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •