Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 112

Thread: Election night 2013

  1. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Election night 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Are you anti-coal?
    No.....I was implying I wouldn't be as nice, with what I think of the Douchebag.

  2. #32
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,813

    Re: Election night 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Enter Stage Right >>>>> ....Lynard Skynard. OOOH that Smell.....can't you smell that, smell. OOOH WOO that Smell, the smell Surrounds You! .....
    That would be Lynyrd Skynyrd son--gimme 3 steps--how does smoked crack smell?-USA Cons got nothin on torontos mayor
    Physics is Phun

  3. #33
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Election night 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    Dream--weaver...Gerry-mander out the Dem sections you don't like in Maryland, DC, Virginia and make a 51st state--give DC voters a vote and get rid of that Dem filth--a win-win ala Christie
    So what you are saying is that people are mind numb robots who vote for party over principles and because of party nothing else matters? Why is gerrymandering such an issue with you as it cheapens the individual freedom of choice and links everything to party? Amazing how the party of choice is that party only when the issues are those supported by the elite. You see, freedom of choice is right when it is about the right to kill the unborn or marry someone of the same sex, but not when it is about health insurance and the choice of people not to purchase it.

    The elections last night proved just how weak the Democrat position is and how some here don't really care about results, only ideology where social issues trump economic issues. Va. was lost when the winner got a minority of the vote, Christie won big and yet the liberals will spin this as a big landslide victory. Obamacare and the economic results are going to be the albatross around the neck of the Democrat Party.

  4. #34
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,813

    Re: Election night 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Try again.....and get a grip on those numbers of Two Largest Unions in the Country that work out of DC. You might then have some sort of clue.
    But unions are such a small percent of workers out of one side of thine mouth
    Physics is Phun

  5. #35
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,620

    Re: Election night 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    There isn't much the Virginia Election is saying. McAuliffe barely won doubling the money over a Tea party Candidate. It took Biden, Clinton and Obama just to put McAuliffe over the top. As well as Michelle Obama's Radio Ads. Obama himself having to make a showing in order for Out of State Democrat who has never held an elected position in his life.....to win. So the Democrats will spin it that this is the breakdown of the GOP and a refute of the Tea Party. While the Tea Party and the GOP will say it shows a refute of Obamacare. The problem isn't the spin or the media play. The problem for the Democrats is.....seeing this election that had poll numbers in the double digits for McAuliffe going into the last couple of days. Out spending and can only manage to eek-out a slight victory. Leaves to many other Democrats looking at Obamacare and knowing they are on the Bubble. That Independents, undecided, and the GOP came out to vote for the Republican candidate and almost made the pass. Of course Republicans now know if they would have ran a legitimate contender. They could have won it. Now the Christie election does indeed show something.....it was a Landslide. 62% of the Vote. With Christie having 1/3rd of Democrats vote for him. Women Vote for him. Hispanics Vote for him and he even pulled more than the usual with the youth vote. This puts Christie in the front runner position for the 2016 Election for the GOP and presents a real Problem for the Democrats.....mainly due to Obamacare.
    ORRRRR the democrat win in Virginia shows the tide is turning on the GOP grip on the 'Southern Strategy' as no Democrat has held the office of Governor in Virginia since '77, right after Watergate. What this means for the South depends on your political lean but now Democrats hold key positions such as both Senate seats.

    Interesting to hear complaints about being out spent- the parties spent approx 33 and 21 million. What is telling is there was only one other real nationally important elections this go-round. This begs the question why didn't the TPs and RNC pour in massive amounts of money like they did when Northern TP governors were facing recalls and referendums? Where is the massive funding Californians received to defeat SSM?

    Seems some of the shine has worn off the TP movement.

    Now Christie could very well be the death knell of the TP uprising. Cruz and Paul must be feeling a bit uneasy on how well Christie reached across the political divide. While some more moderate GOP members may see Christie as the Savior of their party, I can't help but think so many so entrenched in the radical right see him as a Republican in name only and if he wins the White House the policies will be Democrat Light, not TP Strong.

    Can't help but wonder if the Billionaires backing the Astro-turf TP groups will be as willing to back a RINO in the Presidential race...

  6. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Election night 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    But unions are such a small percent of workers out of one side of thine mouth
    Oh, and it looks like you missed that part where Rove made that Assessment by the Demographic as they are now. You didn't think states would actually give up part of their sovereignty just so some Party can live in its own region now did you?

    Or were you trying to say Rove was wrong and that more Republicans are living in The Region? He also included College Universities.

    Got any thing that can dispute what Rove is saying? That the region has more Liberals living in it and will continue to have more? I will even accept something fringe like. You shouldn't have any problem coming up with something from the outside the box.....huh?

  7. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Election night 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    So what you are saying is that people are mind numb robots who vote for party over principles and because of party nothing else matters? Why is gerrymandering such an issue with you as it cheapens the individual freedom of choice and links everything to party? Amazing how the party of choice is that party only when the issues are those supported by the elite. You see, freedom of choice is right when it is about the right to kill the unborn or marry someone of the same sex, but not when it is about health insurance and the choice of people not to purchase it.

    The elections last night proved just how weak the Democrat position is and how some here don't really care about results, only ideology where social issues trump economic issues. Va. was lost when the winner got a minority of the vote, Christie won big and yet the liberals will spin this as a big landslide victory. Obamacare and the economic results are going to be the albatross around the neck of the Democrat Party.
    He might think they just accepted McAuliffe into the family.....tis all. Do you think he understands the token Puppet strategy and the strings that come with it? He must huh, especially knowing the guy doesn't even come from the state nor that region of the country. But that's alright let him govern over Virginians Right?

  8. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Election night 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    ORRRRR the democrat win in Virginia shows the tide is turning on the GOP grip on the 'Southern Strategy' as no Democrat has held the office of Governor in Virginia since '77, right after Watergate. What this means for the South depends on your political lean but now Democrats hold key positions such as both Senate seats.

    Interesting to hear complaints about being out spent- the parties spent approx 33 and 21 million. What is telling is there was only one other real nationally important elections this go-round. This begs the question why didn't the TPs and RNC pour in massive amounts of money like they did when Northern TP governors were facing recalls and referendums? Where is the massive funding Californians received to defeat SSM?

    Seems some of the shine has worn off the TP movement.

    Now Christie could very well be the death knell of the TP uprising. Cruz and Paul must be feeling a bit uneasy on how well Christie reached across the political divide. While some more moderate GOP members may see Christie as the Savior of their party, I can't help but think so many so entrenched in the radical right see him as a Republican in name only and if he wins the White House the policies will be Democrat Light, not TP Strong.

    Can't help but wonder if the Billionaires backing the Astro-turf TP groups will be as willing to back a RINO in the Presidential race...


    Then again it can be just like most of Non Partisan political analysts believe while at the same time. The same two partisan parties spin it out. Validating what the Non Partisans stated in the first place.

    Kinda like what they are doing now in todays reality.

  9. #39
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,306

    Re: Election night 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    That would be Lynyrd Skynyrd son--gimme 3 steps--how does smoked crack smell?-USA Cons got nothin on torontos mayor
    It's that aroma you're smelling out of Chicago. Virginia isn't close, they must not teach geography up there.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  10. #40
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,690

    Re: Election night 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    And like Quinn.....he will go into court and freeze their pay.
    He can certainly try. But his only power legislatively is to suggest bills to congress, if congress goes their own route and he vetoes it he has no legal standing. The Legislature will have done it's job.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •