Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 42

Thread: Government awards more contracts to company that created glitchy ObamaCare website

  1. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    01-22-17 @ 09:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    4,136

    Re: Government awards more contracts to company that created glitchy ObamaCare websit

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    What depends upon the situation, doubt the website is what you say a train wreck. Building software is not like building structures.


    What a stupid thing to say. Tell that to Howard Schultz, I'm in one of his establishment right now.
    A website that can't handle more then a thousand users without crashing is a train wreck. End of story.

  2. #32
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Government awards more contracts to company that created glitchy ObamaCare websit

    Quote Originally Posted by ReformCollege View Post
    A website that can't handle more then a thousand users without crashing is a train wreck. End of story.
    The voice of authority has spoken.


  3. #33
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Government awards more contracts to company that created glitchy ObamaCare websit

    When has the government ever decided, "Hey, we just threw away hundreds of millions.... maybe we should do something different!" That's not how Government works - they double down and flush another few billion down the toilet, just to show 'em.... err... whoever.
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  4. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Government awards more contracts to company that created glitchy ObamaCare websit

    Quote Originally Posted by trfjr View Post
    Government awards more contracts to company that created glitchy ObamaCare website | Fox News

    And this is why we needed a business man in the WH and not a community organizer
    we are literally going to pay for decades for the incompetents of this administration
    It makes total sense considering the progressive authoritarians continually reward failure and just "print money" as a reward for failure....

  5. #35
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,273

    Re: Government awards more contracts to company that created glitchy ObamaCare websit

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post


    "I happen to be a proponent of a single-payer universal health care program. I see no reason why the United States of America, the wealthiest country in the history of the world, spending 14 percent of its gross national product on health care, cannot provide basic health insurance to everybody. And that's what Jim is talking about when he says everybody in, nobody out. A single-payer health care plan, a universal health care plan. That's what I’d like to see. But as all of you know, we may not get there immediately. Because first we've got to take back the White House, we've got to take back the Senate, and we've got to take back the House."

    Yes, this was his plan from the beginning. Clinton tried to do it but failed. This is why I didn't vote for Obama in 2008. We knew he would do this, and once elected, we watch him do it, while people like you act as though this is all just sort of happening out-of-pocket.
    People like me? I am agreeing with you.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Government awards more contracts to company that created glitchy ObamaCare websit

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    People like me? I am agreeing with you.
    Obama talks about "the wealthiest country in the world" without ever asking himself, or trying to understand, how it became that way.

  7. #37
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,887

    Re: Government awards more contracts to company that created glitchy ObamaCare websit

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post


    "I happen to be a proponent of a single-payer universal health care program. I see no reason why the United States of America, the wealthiest country in the history of the world, spending 14 percent of its gross national product on health care, cannot provide basic health insurance to everybody. And that's what Jim is talking about when he says everybody in, nobody out. A single-payer health care plan, a universal health care plan. That's what I’d like to see. But as all of you know, we may not get there immediately. Because first we've got to take back the White House, we've got to take back the Senate, and we've got to take back the House."

    Yes, this was his plan from the beginning. Clinton tried to do it but failed. This is why I didn't vote for Obama in 2008. We knew he would do this, and once elected, we watch him do it, while people like you act as though this is all just sort of happening out-of-pocket.
    I agree with Obama on this one. We ARE the most prosperous nation on earth. There's no reason we can't provide basic health care for everyone, and no, emergency room care is not "basic health care."

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Obama talks about "the wealthiest country in the world" without ever asking himself, or trying to understand, how it became that way.
    I don't think we got that way by making sure poor people couldn't get basic health care.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  8. #38
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,273

    Re: Government awards more contracts to company that created glitchy ObamaCare websit

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    I agree with Obama on this one. We ARE the most prosperous nation on earth. There's no reason we can't provide basic health care for everyone, and no, emergency room care is not "basic health care."
    Agreed, but we didn't have to remake the entire insurance market, with 2800 pages of crap to do it....They could have just as easily developed a country wide clinic plan, together with insurance for the poor....Oh wait, on the second one we have that....It's called Medicaid.

    I don't think we got that way by making sure poor people couldn't get basic health care.
    More than half the country is on assistance. And it got worse under Obama. People get care, and they don't have to use Emergency rooms to do it....Take a drive around your town...There are separate care facilities like "Doctor's Care"

    Welcome to Doctors Care // Home
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Government awards more contracts to company that created glitchy ObamaCare websit

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    I don't think we got that way by making sure poor people couldn't get basic health care.
    That's quite right, but when was there a time anyone wanted to make sure poor people couldn't get health care. Can you name these people?

  10. #40
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    11-30-13 @ 07:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,293

    Re: Government awards more contracts to company that created glitchy ObamaCare websit

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    That's quite right, but when was there a time anyone wanted to make sure poor people couldn't get health care. Can you name these people?
    Obama is on the glide path to making sure less people get it.
    "“If we don’t deepen our ports all along the Gulf — places like Charleston, South Carolina; or Savannah, Georgia; or Jacksonville, Florida…” -Obama

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •