Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 86

Thread: Top hospitals opt out of ObamaCare

  1. #61
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: Top hospitals opt out of ObamaCare

    Actually a clinic would be more appropriate if the pt has not suffered trauma, chest pain, SOB or severe pain of some sort.
    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    That used to be Michelle Obama's job as a Judas goat. To convince poor African-Americans not to go to the hospital's ER, but instead to a small clinic, for which she was paid a 6 figure salary.
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  2. #62
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Top hospitals opt out of ObamaCare

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    That's a possibility. I mean, if you want to take control of something, what better way than to **** it up beyond any semblance of recognition, then proclaim that the whole system needs to be scrapped, and that you have a working solution?
    With my tinfoil hat on I certainly see how one can think this... but the failure on such a large scale expends way too much political capital. Now that the number of failures seems to grow every day, the credibility of all involved has eroded and may continue to erode. There just won't be enough credibility or political capital to scrap it all and start over with single payer. I can however see scrapping it and revising the private market to take it over and make it work... the key there would be what government oversight would be needed and how much reform and intrusion will the government want.
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  3. #63
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    Re: Top hospitals opt out of ObamaCare

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    With my tinfoil hat on I certainly see how one can think this... but the failure on such a large scale expends way too much political capital. Now that the number of failures seems to grow every day, the credibility of all involved has eroded and may continue to erode. There just won't be enough credibility or political capital to scrap it all and start over with single payer. I can however see scrapping it and revising the private market to take it over and make it work... the key there would be what government oversight would be needed and how much reform and intrusion will the government want.
    Well, I admittedly have zero faith in our leaders these days. It won't be scrapped, and it won't be market-run. That runs counter to a government being able to control the health care sector in our country. The biggest problems didn't really even start to become issues until government started mandating the choices we had back in the 70's.
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

  4. #64
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,728

    Re: Top hospitals opt out of ObamaCare

    Accepting as gospel a quote from the Health And Human Services office on providers (because...I mean...come on...after all...its not like they have a stake in a biased position or that the administration has been known to lie to make stats look better), that doesnt in any way negate the reality that many are opting out and that in 7 years there has been a 'growth' of a grand total of 35,000 providers (minimal growth) and as the article stated the reason some of those providers are now accepting Medicare (even though it is a tremendous pain in the ass to get on and stay on the medicare panels) because the current action has upped the payment allowed. Now...if at the end of the day they offer enough gold and make participation in the ACA easier, providers will turn to it. At the end of the day, it is ALL ABOUT compensation.

    Does your article in ANY WAY square with the article cited in the OP stating CURRENTLY hospitals are opting out?

    Edit: Oh...wait...linked in the same article you cited....

    http://www.forbes.com/sites/brucejap...rs-is-delayed/

  5. #65
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    11-30-13 @ 07:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,293

    Re: Top hospitals opt out of ObamaCare

    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    Actually a clinic would be more appropriate if the pt has not suffered trauma, chest pain, SOB or severe pain of some sort.
    And you got your medical degree from where?
    "“If we don’t deepen our ports all along the Gulf — places like Charleston, South Carolina; or Savannah, Georgia; or Jacksonville, Florida…” -Obama

  6. #66
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Top hospitals opt out of ObamaCare

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Accepting as gospel a quote from the Health And Human Services office on providers (because...I mean...come on...after all...its not like they have a stake in a biased position or that the administration has been known to lie to make stats look better), that doesnt in any way negate the reality that many are opting out and that in 7 years there has been a 'growth' of a grand total of 35,000 providers (minimal growth) and as the article stated the reason some of those providers are now accepting Medicare (even though it is a tremendous pain in the ass to get on and stay on the medicare panels) because the current action has upped the payment allowed. Now...if at the end of the day they offer enough gold and make participation in the ACA easier, providers will turn to it. At the end of the day, it is ALL ABOUT compensation.

    Does your article in ANY WAY square with the article cited in the OP stating CURRENTLY hospitals are opting out?

    Edit: Oh...wait...linked in the same article you cited....

    Obamacare's 73% Medicaid Pay Raise For Doctors Is Delayed - Forbes
    SO let's see. I could believe the non-partisan govt agency, or some guy on the internet....

    Hmmm....
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  7. #67
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: Top hospitals opt out of ObamaCare

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    SO let's see. I could believe the non-partisan govt agency, or some guy on the internet....

    Hmmm....
    HHS is non partisan?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #68
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,728

    Re: Top hospitals opt out of ObamaCare

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    SO let's see. I could believe the non-partisan govt agency, or some guy on the internet....

    Hmmm....
    No no...I said ACCEPTING their word...and then went on to show why 'more' providers were accepting Medicare. Did you miss that part? And did you also miss the part where the 73% pay raise that was promised as an offering to providers was suspended?

    And again...how does your comment or posting square with the article cited in the OP which quoted actual providers that are opting out of the ACA packages?

  9. #69
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: Top hospitals opt out of ObamaCare

    Well, where did you get yours? Those reasons are why you should go to the ER, a few others, but...
    Quote Originally Posted by ItAin'tFree View Post
    And you got your medical degree from where?
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  10. #70
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    11-30-13 @ 07:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,293

    Re: Top hospitals opt out of ObamaCare

    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    Well, where did you get yours? Those reasons are why you should go to the ER, a few others, but...
    I didn't get one. That's why I don't give out medical advice to anyone (other than family) or everyone.
    "“If we don’t deepen our ports all along the Gulf — places like Charleston, South Carolina; or Savannah, Georgia; or Jacksonville, Florida…” -Obama

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •