Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 76

Thread: Obama's health promises backfire

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Obama's health promises backfire

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    Libs are necessary to illustrate idiocy. Unfortunately people actually took this joke seriously. Hate to admit it, I did at one time too. Then I grew up.
    Ah yes, more partisan BS from a hack like you. If I wanted your opinion, I would just tune in Rush Limpdick since you parrot his BS and his listeners can't think for themselves either.

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Obama's health promises backfire

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Sorry, but that simply isn't true. The Republican party is more interested in soving morality anti-gay, anti-choice. Hardly freedom.
    Yes, the Republican Party is interested in morality and the Democrats less so. That's why the Republicans are always held to higher standards while the standards of the Democrats are unclear. I know of no Republican who is anti Gay, and many do feel that abortion is wrong. The Democrats are pro choice when it comes to abortions but not when it comes to health care or schools.
    Sorry, but that is a CONSERVATIVE mentality not a liberal one.
    'Liberals' of today want more government control, not less, and that is hardly a liberal philosophy in the true sense of the word.
    Liberalism was going against the norm and giving the women and blacks the right to vote
    It was religious people who were the forefront of freeing Blacks and outlawing slavery, not the 'liberals' as we know them. In fact liberals of today have legislated the idea that Blacks are inferior to every other race, and are largely anti religion. The only religion they appear to support is Islamism, and that is hardly liberal.
    it was conservatism that fought it.
    Conservatives believe in the innate liberty of man and 'to do unto others'. Liberals generally do not.
    Parties change ideology, not ONE party is the same as when it was founded. That much is true and is in history. However, the concept of liberalism and conservatism remained constant. ONly the parties changed.
    Yes, that's the way the argument goes but it is just as false now as it was 150 years ago.

  3. #23
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:04 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,484
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Obama's health promises backfire

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Ah yes, more partisan BS from a hack like you. If I wanted your opinion, I would just tune in Rush Limpdick since you parrot his BS and his listeners can't think for themselves either.
    I used to be a Lib... then I grew up. You see... I was open minded enough to tune into the opinions of others, from all over the globe. You illustrate that you are closed minded. That's OK... it's nice you revealed the narrowness of your mind. Thanks!

    My being a former Lib pisses Libs off... I know, but hey... I would change back if someone could show Socialism works... it doesn't. It might sound compassionate, but it screws those they claim they want to help.
    Is that compassion?
    Is that good for society?
    Is it healthy to poison people into believing government is the answer?
    Is the class warfare Libs foment not a most vile form of manipulation?
    What legislation is responsible for 17Trillion in debt and 60+Trillion of unfunded liabilities? Limited Government... ROTFLOL...

    What exactly are the redeeming factors of pursuing Socialist legislation?

    Many Libs are welded to their ideology after pounding the poison in their brains... They are closed minded clods hit by a form of paralysis where the poison turns their brains to cement.

    I'm happy to say I had an open mind, and still have one. It doesn't mean I have to tolerate stupidity or failure. And I don't.
    Last edited by zimmer; 11-05-13 at 05:57 AM.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Obama's health promises backfire

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    I'm happy to say I had an open mind, and still have one. It doesn't mean I have to tolerate stupidity or failure. And I don't.
    You have an open mind like the KKK has an open mind about blacks. and no, I'm not comparing YOUR thoughts to the KKK, only your closed mind. Sorry, but you are close minded and partisan as they get. Open mind? I about spit my coffee out this morning laughing at that. Thanks for the laugh.

    A perfect example is, I'm not a liberal, yet you continue to call me as such. I put up the challenge to you before to PROVE with my comments and you ran away and couldn't man up the challenge to do so. You deserve the government we have.

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Obama's health promises backfire

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Yes, the Republican Party is interested in morality and the Democrats less so. That's why the Republicans are always held to higher standards while the standards of the Democrats are unclear. I know of no Republican who is anti Gay, and many do feel that abortion is wrong. The Democrats are pro choice when it comes to abortions but not when it comes to health care or schools.
    Anti-gay marriage. Republicans are hell bent on using government to stop it. They also like using the FCC to ban things THEY deem so called "immoral". Also, I will agree that the Dems go to far on things like the ACA and gun control. I haven't said Dems are better than Reps. BOTH the Dems and GOP use big government for things THEY want. My point was that there are things that are liberally acted on and conservatively acted on and neither is ALL good or ALL bad when it comes to liberal and conservative.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    'Liberals' of today want more government control, not less, and that is hardly a liberal philosophy in the true sense of the word.
    Yes, there are some that want progression in bad ways. Hence why I have said that conservatism and liberalism are needed. In the case of gun control, conservatism is needed to protect that right just as I believe liberalism is needed to protect gays for SSM.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    It was religious people who were the forefront of freeing Blacks and outlawing slavery, not the 'liberals' as we know them. In fact liberals of today have legislated the idea that Blacks are inferior to every other race, and are largely anti religion. The only religion they appear to support is Islamism, and that is hardly liberal.
    Since many conservatives claim the founding fathers were Christians, they AGREED to allow slavery. Sorry, but again, those religious folks were acting liberally when they freed slaves and gave rights to blacks and women to vote. You do understand that religious people can act liberally right?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Conservatives believe in the innate liberty of man and 'to do unto others'. Liberals generally do not.
    You mean like the liberty of SSM? Oh wait, they don't. So please don't spout off like conservatism is ALL good and liberalism is ALL bad, that **** don't fly in reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Yes, that's the way the argument goes but it is just as false now as it was 150 years ago.
    Nope, it is quite true. Just because you hate facts, doesn't make them any less factual.

  6. #26
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:04 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,484
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Obama's health promises backfire

    [QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    You have an open mind like the KKK has an open mind about blacks. and no, I'm not comparing YOUR thoughts to the KKK, only your closed mind. Sorry, but you are close minded and partisan as they get. Open mind? I about spit my coffee out this morning laughing at that. Thanks for the laugh.
    I am a partisan, and have said it often. I ended up as a partisan for the right because the philosophy works... everywhere. I can be partisan and open minded. It's how I ended up moving from the left to the right. I still listen to and read leftist press (it's tough to avoid ROTFLOL), but there is nothing endearing to that perverted ideology. It destroys.

    I don't see Socialism working... anywhere over the long haul, and when the bottom falls out... it is misery city. Just ask the Greeks.

    A perfect example is, I'm not a liberal, yet you continue to call me as such. I put up the challenge to you before to PROVE with my comments and you ran away and couldn't man up the challenge to do so. You deserve the government we have.
    You foment and defend Socialist legislation, and you're openly hostile to Conservatives. ROTFLOL... but you're not a lefty, though your public lean is left. You obviously don't know who you are.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Obama's health promises backfire

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    I am a partisan, and have said it often. I ended up as a partisan for the right because the philosophy works... everywhere. I can be partisan and open minded. It's how I ended up moving from the left to the right. I still listen to and read leftist press (it's tough to avoid ROTFLOL), but there is nothing endearing to that perverted ideology. It destroys.

    I don't see Socialism working... anywhere over the long haul, and when the bottom falls out... it is misery city. Just ask the Greeks.
    Then you aren't open minded and I am not for socialism. Nice try though, at least you admitted to not being open minded because you are partisan.

    You foment and defend Socialist legislation, and you're openly hostile to Conservatives. ROTFLOL... but you're not a lefty, though your public lean is left. You obviously don't know who you are.
    Hmmm you'll have to show me where I defend Spocialist legislation. Let's see, I'm against bailouts, I'm against TARP, I'm against ACA, I'm against the welfare system as it stands (needs serious reforms), I'm against the gun control that is being crammed down atm, and I'm against Obama's foreign policies and domestic policies. Yet, you say I'm a liberal.

    Now care to show WITH FACTS AND POSTS where I do those things you listed. Balls in your court son, care to play or run away as usual?

  8. #28
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:04 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,484
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Obama's health promises backfire

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Then you aren't open minded and I am not for socialism. Nice try though, at least you admitted to not being open minded because you are partisan.



    Hmmm you'll have to show me where I defend Spocialist legislation. Let's see, I'm against bailouts, I'm against TARP, I'm against ACA, I'm against the welfare system as it stands (needs serious reforms), I'm against the gun control that is being crammed down atm, and I'm against Obama's foreign policies and domestic policies. Yet, you say I'm a liberal.

    Now care to show WITH FACTS AND POSTS where I do those things you listed. Balls in your court son, care to play or run away as usual?
    ROTFLOL... you just defended Obama's blatant and repeated lying, the lies necessary for him to get ObamaKrap passed, and you called those who call him out on it... what was that again... frothing at the mouth partisan hacks... or some such nonsense?

    Defending a liar who shoved through a Socialist scheme using blatant lies, and then lying about his lies... ROTFLOL...
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  9. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Obama's health promises backfire

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    ROTFLOL... you just defended Obama's blatant and repeated lying, the lies necessary for him to get ObamaKrap passed, and you called those who call him out on it... what was that again... frothing at the mouth partisan hacks... or some such nonsense?
    I didn't defend his comments, I said I don't think he was INTENTIONALLY lying. It's clear the ACA is a trainwreck and THAT'S what I commented on. Just because I don't buy into YOUR rhetoric, does not mean I'm automatically FOR Obama and his policies. I also don't think he is a super secret Muslim, does that make me for Obama's policies too? Jesus man, learn some logic.

    Defending a liar who shoved through a Socialist scheme using blatant lies, and then lying about his lies... ROTFLOL...
    So because I don't buy into your rhetoric that he intentionally lied, that somehow is agreeing with everything Obama does?

    You need to work on your logic a bit there son.

  10. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Obama's health promises backfire

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Anti-gay marriage.
    that's not what you said. You said anti gay, which is not so. Even Bill Clinton signed the Defense of marriage Act, which was not intended as anti Gay but instead was pro traditional marriage. Liberals like yourself deliberately make these false arguments rather than deal with the truth.

    Republicans are hell bent on using government to stop it.
    To stop Gay marriage? When was it started?
    They also like using the FCC to ban things THEY deem so called "immoral". Also, I will agree that the Dems go to far on things like the ACA and gun control. I haven't said Dems are better than Reps. BOTH the Dems and GOP use big government for things THEY want. My point was that there are things that are liberally acted on and conservatively acted on and neither is ALL good or ALL bad when it comes to liberal and conservative.
    Okay

    Yes, there are some that want progression in bad ways. Hence why I have said that conservatism and liberalism are needed. In the case of gun control, conservatism is needed to protect that right just as I believe liberalism is needed to protect gays for SSM.
    Being anti SSM is not the same as being anti Gay and most Gays understand that. Many Gays feel that civil ceremonies would be sufficient and simply want some public and personal recognition of their commitment to their relationship, just as heterosexuals do. I'm for this myself but don't call those who feel otherwise anti Gay. They are just anti Gay marriage, which is the honest way to put it. It is also their right to feel that way without being demonized.

    Since many conservatives claim the founding fathers were Christians, they AGREED to allow slavery. Sorry, but again, those religious folks were acting liberally when they freed slaves and gave rights to blacks and women to vote. You do understand that religious people can act liberally right?
    You seemed locked in a space where only Liberals can do good, not apparently understanding what Conservatism really means. You think you know what it means, of course, but you really don't. Read some books on the subject, written by Conservatives, and you'll get a better idea of what it's about and the values contained in the philosophy.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •