Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 204

Thread: Head of the Pakistani Taliban Killed by US Drone Strike

  1. #61
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: Head of the Pakistani Taliban Killed by US Drone Strike

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Everyone involved.
    See above. So this might take some more thinking...
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  2. #62
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,797

    Re: Head of the Pakistani Taliban Killed by US Drone Strike

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    I participated and I won, so clearly not everyone.
    I would argue that anyone who is out shooting at other human beings has lost something fundamental inside, so no, I don't think you won either. You survived.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  3. #63
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: Head of the Pakistani Taliban Killed by US Drone Strike

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    I would argue that anyone who is out shooting at other human beings has lost something fundamental inside, so no, I don't think you won either. You survived.
    No, I won. I have a six figure job because of my experiences and I enjoyed my experiences there (Iraq and Mindanao, in my case) to such an extent that every couple years I volunteer every few years to go out to those locations.

    So apparently not everyone lost. This will require critical thinking, as opposed to just a blanket statement that now you want to defend to ridiculous extents in order to protect your viewpoint. Did you mean every nation-level actor?
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  4. #64
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Head of the Pakistani Taliban Killed by US Drone Strike

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    No, I won. I have a six figure job because of my experiences and I enjoyed my experiences there (Iraq and Mindanao, in my case) to such an extent that every couple years I volunteer every few years to go out to those locations.

    So apparently not everyone lost. This will require critical thinking, as opposed to just a blanket statement that now you want to defend to ridiculous extents in order to protect your viewpoint. Did you mean every nation-level actor?
    BS BS and more BS.

  5. #65
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Head of the Pakistani Taliban Killed by US Drone Strike

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Buh-Bye, Mr Taliban Man.
    What happen to diplomacy?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  6. #66
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: Head of the Pakistani Taliban Killed by US Drone Strike

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    BS BS and more BS.
    lol oh no, was your reality threatened or something by the idea that not literally every participant in these wars lost? Hahaha that's awesome.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  7. #67
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Head of the Pakistani Taliban Killed by US Drone Strike

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    lol oh no, was your reality threatened or something by the idea that not literally every participant in these wars lost? Hahaha that's awesome.
    When people need to boast about their income, supposed income. I call BS. It has nothing to do with the debate.

  8. #68
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Head of the Pakistani Taliban Killed by US Drone Strike

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    What happen to diplomacy?
    Went the way of transparency.

  9. #69
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: Head of the Pakistani Taliban Killed by US Drone Strike

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    When people need to boast about their income, supposed income. I call BS. It has nothing to do with the debate.
    You said I lost. I'm telling you how I didn't. My extremely comfortable life has to do with the issue, no?

    Mayhaps this is a lesson to not speak in sweeping generalizations and actually think about a topic?
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  10. #70
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Head of the Pakistani Taliban Killed by US Drone Strike

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    You said I lost. I'm telling you how I didn't. My extremely comfortable life has to do with the issue, no?

    Mayhaps this is a lesson to not speak in sweeping generalizations and actually think about a topic?
    I dont think I told you you lost anything.

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •