Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 204

Thread: Head of the Pakistani Taliban Killed by US Drone Strike

  1. #181
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Head of the Pakistani Taliban Killed by US Drone Strike

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Tried that. The MOB, Mother of all Bombs. Dont really know what affect it had.GBU-43/B Massive Ordnance Air Blast - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Shock and Awe proved to be very effective.

  2. #182
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,403

    Re: Head of the Pakistani Taliban Killed by US Drone Strike

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Shock and Awe proved to be very effective.
    For which side?

  3. #183
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: Head of the Pakistani Taliban Killed by US Drone Strike

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    This is what you entered the conversation with. Who said it?
    So you can't quote me saying that you said it? Playing coy with words is fun!

    Do you not like it when people do it back to you? Awww, poor guy.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  4. #184
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Head of the Pakistani Taliban Killed by US Drone Strike

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    For which side?
    The side which used Shock and Awe. Which side did you think it might be?

  5. #185
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    01-17-16 @ 05:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,122

    Re: Head of the Pakistani Taliban Killed by US Drone Strike

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherman123 View Post
    .. The premise of our tiff was that violence could in fact establish a more just order, and that it does not breed violence. ....
    The results of a war can be for the best, but only when the better side wins. Preventing a recurrence and/or other types of continuing villence usually requires almost completely destroying the enemy (near genocide]. Sometimes war is a worthwhile endeavor, but not nearly as often as many people think.

    "War does not determine who is right - only who is left." - Bertrand Russell

  6. #186
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    01-17-16 @ 05:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,122

    Re: Head of the Pakistani Taliban Killed by US Drone Strike

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    It seems you know nothing of Nicaragua either. Were you cheering for the Communists?
    I don't support the use of terrorism no matter who does it.

  7. #187
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    01-17-16 @ 05:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,122

    Re: Head of the Pakistani Taliban Killed by US Drone Strike

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener View Post
    So, here you have an enemy combatant who has bragged about being the mastermind of a suicide attack that killed several people, and because you support his mission, you consider him some sort of innocent civilian and bemoan his killing as "murder".

    Got it.

    You sure can't show much more support than that.
    Your response has nothing to do with what I said. I never singled out a particular attack for criticism and I have not supported the mission of any terrorist, that is an outright lie. As I mentioned, I supported the raid to capture Bin Laden, which disproves your contention since he "bragged about being the mastermind of a suicide attack."

    If you want to argue that your approve of:
    • secretly authorized remote control killing of terrorism suspects anywhere in the world
    • with no pretense of due process (fair trial]
    • with no intent to capture the suspect and put him on trial
    • even when many of them are not a threat to the USA because they are only involved in their own nation's civil war
    • away from a battlefield
    • when they are not an imminent threat which could justify a self defense claim
    • and with a probability that innocent civilians will be killed and wounded
    • and there is a strong chance that the resulting death of innocent civilians will create blowback


    go ahead.

    But your false claims about my sympathies do not support your argument, they are only a distraction from the truth about your opinion.

    Will you still claim that such actions are acceptable if China uses a drone or other means to kill someone residing in the USA because they claim that they are a Tibetan terrorist?
    Last edited by Hard Truth; 11-05-13 at 07:11 PM.

  8. #188
    Guru
    annata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    beneath the bodi tree
    Last Seen
    02-16-17 @ 12:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,163

    Re: Head of the Pakistani Taliban Killed by US Drone Strike

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    I am not going to post a link but if you do a little research into the history of Afghanistan you will find that war has been going on there long before the USA even existed.

    Those people like to fight.
    yes. and let them fight among themselves, it isn't in our interest to try to stop their tribal ways.
    Best thing about Afganistan is it's about as far away from the USA as possible
    Oṃ maṇi padme hūṃ

  9. #189
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    01-17-16 @ 05:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,122

    Re: Head of the Pakistani Taliban Killed by US Drone Strike

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    It seems you know nothing of Nicaragua either. Were you cheering for the Communists?
    I believe that other nations have a right to self determination unless they engage in genocidal levels of violence. I believe that outside intervention in other nations internal affairs almost always causes more harm that benefit. I support remaining engaged with, and diplomatically and culturally influencing the behavior of troubled nations. The Sandinistas weren't great but they were better than the Somoza regime and the Contras.

    "......The tactics used by the Sandinista government to fight the resistance have been criticized by some historians for their suppression of civil rights. On 15 March 1982, the Junta declared a state of siege, which allowed it to close independent radio stations, suspend the right of association and limit the freedom of trade unions. However, it has also been pointed out that the Human Rights Record of the Contras during the same period was far poorer, with documented cases of murder, rape, torture, used to terrorize the rural population. There is also evidence that the Contras engaged in destruction of schools, hospitals, and other infrastructure, in order to disrupt the social reform programs of the Sandinistas.[20] [21]

    At the 1984 general election Ortega won the presidency with 67% of the vote and took office on 10 January 1985. A report by an Irish governmentary delegation stated: "The electoral process was carried out with total integrity. The seven parties participating in the elections represented a broad spectrum of political ideologies." The general counsel of New York's Human Rights Commission described the election as "free, fair and hotly contested." A study by the US Latin American Studies Association (LASA) concluded that the FSLN (Sandinista Front) "did little more to take advantage of its incumbency than incumbent parties everywhere (including the U.S.) routinely do......"
    Wikipedai

  10. #190
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    11-30-13 @ 07:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,293

    Re: Head of the Pakistani Taliban Killed by US Drone Strike

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard Truth View Post
    With a variety of techniques by European Americans. Are there historic revisionists of this now also?
    Are there historic revisionists that don't believe tribes of Native Americans wiped out other tribes of Native Americans in higher numbers and longer durations than anyone else?

    Are there historic revisionists that don't believe Europeans wiped out tribes of Native Americans?

    Are there historic revisionists that don't believe disease, starvation or exposure wiped out tribes of Native Americans?

    Politically correct types make great historic revisionists. That's one of the reasons why I never believe anything they say or write.
    "“If we don’t deepen our ports all along the Gulf — places like Charleston, South Carolina; or Savannah, Georgia; or Jacksonville, Florida…” -Obama

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •