Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 255

Thread: Shots Fired At LAX; Injuries Confirmed..... [W:44:90]

  1. #191
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    08-19-16 @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,243

    Re: Shots Fired At LAX; Injuries Confirmed.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael66 View Post
    I've reported you for namecalling. Are you going to continue.

    My comments were valid and not directed at you. An attempt to lay the blame on the TSA when it's clear that only one of their members has acted out with gun violence is repugnant and ugly. It's also motivated by ugly politics of hate and that's usually motivated by racist hate for Obama.
    Enough oh the race baiting. There are plenty of reasons to dislike Obama that have nothing to do with race. Claiming that any disagreement with his policies are racially motivated is shallow projection and is likely to invalidate anything else you say. The tactic is worn out.

    But to the point, one would think people who are tasked with providing security would be vetted. Considering that the TSA was created by an administration that pretends that the world would be a safer place if only there were more laws, it is reasonable to assume their own security personnel would be properly screened. This leads to one of only a few conclusions:

    1) The security aspect of the TSA is a farse, making the program a thinly disguised make work program, some suggest it is nothing more than a method of conditioning people to accept overbearing government intrusion as normal, OR

    2) The TSA agent WAS vetted and all the scrutiny and laws in the world will not prevent a reasonable person from snapping.

    Either way, all of the hand wringing and infringement of people's rights are clearly not getting to the root of the problem. But that will not stop it, as the stated intent is not the actual intent. It stands to reason that if, after so much time and effort the actions taken in the name of security were proven ineffective that the tactics would be altered in order to achieve the stated goal. The fact that the administration continues to push the same tactics that are clearly shown to not solve the problem indicated that the goal is other than what we are told or that the administration is dilusional, and given the number of people involved it is not statistically probable that they are none who can see the truth.
    Last edited by tech30528; 11-02-13 at 11:03 AM.

  2. #192
    Sage
    Higgins86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,251

    Re: Shots Fired At LAX; Injuries Confirmed..... [W:44:90]

    Quote Originally Posted by EdwinWillers View Post
    ...which was sorta my point.
    not really a very good point, terrorism remains a threat to every country gun laws or no gun laws. It's much bigger than Joe bloggs getting to keep a pistol under his bed.
    ‘This is not peace, it is an armistice for 20 years.’ (Ferdinand Foch. After the Treaty of Versailles, 1919).

  3. #193
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Shots Fired At LAX; Injuries Confirmed.....

    Quote Originally Posted by solletica View Post
    Nope, no evidence anywhere of anyone being killed at LAX. Only injuries were reported.

    Reporting facts isn't shocking.
    Well. I'm in the twilight zone. What are you talking about? A TSA agent was killed.

    The man suspected of killing a Transportation Security Administration employee and injuring at least six people in Friday’s shooting at Los Angeles International Airport apparently had suicidal thoughts before the attack, authorities said.

  4. #194
    Be different, be honest
    EdwinWillers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Divided States of Kardashia
    Last Seen
    12-25-15 @ 04:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,361

    Re: Shots Fired At LAX; Injuries Confirmed.....

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    This guy had a history of troubled behavior. I wonder if this is yet another mass shooting where the shooter was either on psychotropic meds or had just stopped taking them.

    I'm tellin' ya', folks, we've got to start looking into the correlation.
    You mean the gun wasn't responsible for his behavior?

    I agree, Maggie. To make the broader point, we need to look into what has changed in our culture that it has lead people who embark on such behavior into thinking it is somehow warranted or ok.
    Who chimes "No Absolutes!" chimes absolutely.

    zoom zoom

  5. #195
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    10-10-16 @ 10:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    6,073

    Re: Shots Fired At LAX; Injuries Confirmed..... [W:44:90]

    Quote Originally Posted by EdwinWillers View Post
    ...which was sorta my point.
    What strikes is Higgins86's post is her use of the term "we." Noticed how she didn't say "the government" has been dealing w/terrorist threats to it for a long time, which is, in fact, true; instead she said "we"

    It appears that UKers are just as afflicted as the American public w/the disease of stale state propoganda, i. e. the notion that the people and the govt. that controls them are one and the same.

  6. #196
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    10-10-16 @ 10:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    6,073

    Re: Shots Fired At LAX; Injuries Confirmed.....

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Well. I'm in the twilight zone. What are you talking about? A TSA agent was killed.
    True, but no people were killed. There were only injuries from the gun shots.

  7. #197
    Be different, be honest
    EdwinWillers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Divided States of Kardashia
    Last Seen
    12-25-15 @ 04:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,361

    Re: Shots Fired At LAX; Injuries Confirmed.....

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Well. I'm in the twilight zone. What are you talking about? A TSA agent was killed.
    In his world, TSA people aren't human. Cf post #164.

    ....and now post #196.
    Who chimes "No Absolutes!" chimes absolutely.

    zoom zoom

  8. #198
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Shots Fired At LAX; Injuries Confirmed..... [W:44:90]

    Quote Originally Posted by solletica View Post
    What strikes is Higgins86's post is her use of the term "we." Noticed how she didn't say "the government" has been dealing w/terrorist threats to it for a long time, which is, in fact, true; instead she said "we"

    It appears that UKers are just as afflicted as the American public w/the disease of stale state propoganda, i. e. the notion that the people and the govt. that controls them are one and the same.
    I always love how they use the word society to describe government.

  9. #199
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Shots Fired At LAX; Injuries Confirmed.....

    Quote Originally Posted by solletica View Post
    True, but no people were killed. There were only injuries from the gun shots.
    WTF are you talking about? Is this some cryptic point you're trying to make. A man was shot to death. Killed. Dead. As in not breathing anymore.

  10. #200
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Shots Fired At LAX; Injuries Confirmed.....

    Quote Originally Posted by EdwinWillers View Post
    In his world, TSA people aren't human. Cf post #164.

    ....and now post #196.
    Pfffft.

    Thanks for the heads-up.

Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •