Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 255

Thread: Shots Fired At LAX; Injuries Confirmed..... [W:44:90]

  1. #131
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,803

    Shots Fired At LAX; Injuries Confirmed..... [W:44:90]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    That, and to make us think that the government is keeping us safe from terrorism.
    Ding, Ding, Ding!

    That is why it is best that we are individually responsible for our own security.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  2. #132
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,505

    Re: Shots Fired At LAX; Injuries Confirmed.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Ewer View Post
    I once went through LAX security with a pocket knife.
    Before I went through the metal detector I put my car keys, some change and the knife, that I forgot I had, in the little tray the TSA guy handed me.
    He was talking to another TSA officer and joking about the weather or something. On the other side of the detector frame he handed me back the tray having never looked into it. I pocketed my knife and got on my flight to Denver.
    Wow did I feel secure.
    That is an absolutely true story.
    I should add that this was the same weekend that some nut shot up the El Al ticket booth at the same airport.
    The other scary thing about that story is the idea that a passenger can hijack an airliner with a pocket knife.

    Before people got paranoid, which is to say, before 9/11, I carried a pocket knife in my front left pocket always. It was just something I had, and I knew it was there any time I needed to open a package or clean my fingernails. I started carrying it at the ripe old age of 10 or so, carried it to school, on airplanes, everywhere, and there was never a problem with it.

    Now, it's a big deal to have a pocket knife. It should't be.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  3. #133
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,561

    Re: Shots Fired At LAX; Injuries Confirmed.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Ewer View Post
    I once went through LAX security with a pocket knife.
    Before I went through the metal detector I put my car keys, some change and the knife, that I forgot I had, in the little tray the TSA guy handed me.
    He was talking to another TSA officer and joking about the weather or something. On the other side of the detector frame he handed me back the tray having never looked into it. I pocketed my knife and got on my flight to Denver.
    Wow did I feel secure.
    That is an absolutely true story.
    I should add that this was the same weekend that some nut shot up the El Al ticket booth at the same airport.
    I wonder what happened to the guy who shot up the El Al booth. Those guys are known for getting even really fast. A guy I know very well had a criminal case that involved US-Israeli cooperation. He flew to Tel Aviv several times. He said the security was awesome without being bothersome. He had all sorts of clearance and credentials. The night before he left TA on an El Al flight, two security agents asked to meet him in his hotel room. They asked him all sorts of innocuous questions, he being a trained professional realized how good these agents were. and even though he was basically there as a top US law enforcement operative, they still interviewed him. No wonder people don't hijack their planes



  4. #134
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,561

    Re: Shots Fired At LAX; Injuries Confirmed.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    The other scary thing about that story is the idea that a passenger can hijack an airliner with a pocket knife.

    Before people got paranoid, which is to say, before 9/11, I carried a pocket knife in my front left pocket always. It was just something I had, and I knew it was there any time I needed to open a package or clean my fingernails. I started carrying it at the ripe old age of 10 or so, carried it to school, on airplanes, everywhere, and there was never a problem with it.

    Now, it's a big deal to have a pocket knife. It should't be.
    when I was a HS kid I spent some summers at a ranch type camp in Wyoming. we'd fly to Denver and then take a charter flight to Jackson Hole. I always had a "buck hunter" folder on my belt at that camp. well on my way home i of course got onto the charter flight without any issue but when I tried to board the delta flight home I told the ticketing agent. She just laughed and said don't worry kid, its not like you are gonna hijack a plane with a pocket knife

    in 1980 I was going to the Olympic trials, My Perazzi Mirage was in a small case. I was concerned about checking the gun and wanted to insure it for what it was worth (about 4K at the time) I was 21. The pilot was nearby and he asked me who I was. I showed him my US Olympic training center credentials and he told the person in charge he'd put the shotgun up in his cabin and give it to me when I got off the plane. He told the security people he was a shooter and he knew my name (which was BS but he winked at me) He did and when I got off the plane he handed me the case said good luck son-make the team.



  5. #135
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    10-10-16 @ 10:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    6,073

    Re: Shots Fired At LAX; Injuries Confirmed.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Turns out to be an off-duty TSA agent that walked into the terminal in camouflage gear and began targetting other TSA agents.
    Killing a TSA officer is almost as horrific as stepping on a cockroach.

  6. #136
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,561

    Re: Shots Fired At LAX; Injuries Confirmed.....

    Quote Originally Posted by solletica View Post
    Killing a TSA officer is almost as horrific as stepping on a cockroach.
    that's just plain sick.



  7. #137
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Shots Fired At LAX; Injuries Confirmed.....

    Quote Originally Posted by solletica View Post
    Killing a TSA officer is almost as horrific as stepping on a cockroach.
    You cannot be serious.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  8. #138
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,561

    Re: Shots Fired At LAX; Injuries Confirmed.....

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    You cannot be serious.
    sadly I think that poster is



  9. #139
    Student Constantine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    04-11-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    286
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Shots Fired At LAX; Injuries Confirmed.....

    It's very sad our society has come down to this where we have incidents like this almost yearly or multi-yearly. I watched most of this event unfold on the TV and even got some great screen shots off the live feed. Here's one I took of them treating a patient on the yellow triage mat.


  10. #140
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,937

    Re: Shots Fired At LAX; Injuries Confirmed.....

    Quote Originally Posted by solletica View Post
    Killing a TSA officer is almost as horrific as stepping on a cockroach.
    Really? REALLY? You're take on this is such that MURDERING A HUMAN is okay because you dislike the organization?

    I can't....words can't even describe.....

Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •