Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: The Washington Post Fact Checker Gives Obama Four Pinocchios

  1. #1
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,867
    Blog Entries
    2

    The Washington Post Fact Checker Gives Obama Four Pinocchios

    Obama’s pledge that ‘no one will take away’ your health plan

    One of the president's most famous promises turns out to be wrong -- and earns 4 Pinocchios.






    • October 30





    The administration is defending this pledge with a rather slim reed — that there is nothing in the law that makes insurance companies force people out of plans they were enrolled in before the law passed. That explanation conveniently ignores the regulations written by the administration to implement the law. Moreover, it also ignores the fact that the purpose of the law was to bolster coverage and mandate a robust set of benefits, whether someone wanted to pay for it or not.
    The president’s statements were sweeping and unequivocal — and made both before and after the bill became law. The White House now cites technicalities to avoid admitting that he went too far in his repeated pledge, which, after all, is one of the most famous statements of his presidency.
    The president’s promise apparently came with a very large caveat: “If you like your health care plan, you’ll be able to keep your health care plan — if we deem it to be adequate.”
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  2. #2
    Dungeon Master
    Chicks dig the long ball

    azgreg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,130

    Re: The Washington Post Fact Checker Gives Obama Four Pinocchios

    I have CDO, it's like OCD but the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: The Washington Post Fact Checker Gives Obama Four Pinocchios

    I guess Obama didn't take into account on the ruthlessness of the insurance companies and their total disregard for the American public.

    Always a mistake to do that. Maybe single payer was the way to go, eh?

  4. #4
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,867
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: The Washington Post Fact Checker Gives Obama Four Pinocchios

    Oops.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  5. #5
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,867
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: The Washington Post Fact Checker Gives Obama Four Pinocchios

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    I guess Obama didn't take into account on the ruthlessness of the insurance companies and their total disregard for the American public.

    Always a mistake to do that. Maybe single payer was the way to go, eh?
    Single payer would have been better than ACA. No law at all would have been best.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  6. #6
    Dungeon Master
    Chicks dig the long ball

    azgreg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,130

    Re: The Washington Post Fact Checker Gives Obama Four Pinocchios

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    Oops.
    Don't worry about it. It's only done here about 10 times a day. Mostly by DS and HL. It's just a pet peeve of mine.
    I have CDO, it's like OCD but the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be.

  7. #7
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    11-30-13 @ 07:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,293

    Re: The Washington Post Fact Checker Gives Obama Four Pinocchios

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    I guess Obama didn't take into account on the ruthlessness of the insurance companies and their total disregard for the American public.

    Always a mistake to do that.
    LOL. That would be the same insurance companies that he is trying to force just about everyone to do business with. If a President thinks they are "evil", "corrupt", "greedy" or as you say "ruthless" and have "total disregard for the American public"
    what's that say about him and his decision making process?
    "“If we don’t deepen our ports all along the Gulf — places like Charleston, South Carolina; or Savannah, Georgia; or Jacksonville, Florida…” -Obama

  8. #8
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: The Washington Post Fact Checker Gives Obama Four Pinocchios

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    I guess Obama didn't take into account on the ruthlessness of the insurance companies and their total disregard for the American public.

    Always a mistake to do that. Maybe single payer was the way to go, eh?
    Is your idea of single payer more Medicare or Medicaid in design?

    Consider that MOST Medicare benefits are administrated only through CMS but the polices are through many of these same ruthless insurance companies. If Medicaid consider the availability of MEDICAL providers for those folks...careful what you wish for as you very well may get it.
    "The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure" - 2006 Senator Obama...leadership failure indeed!

  9. #9
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: The Washington Post Fact Checker Gives Obama Four Pinocchios

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    I guess Obama didn't take into account on the ruthlessness of the insurance companies and their total disregard for the American public.

    Always a mistake to do that. Maybe single payer was the way to go, eh?
    Yeah! Damn them for obeying the 11th Commandment!
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #10
    Student
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Mississippi
    Last Seen
    07-30-14 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    206

    Re: The Washington Post Fact Checker Gives Obama Four Pinocchios

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    I guess Obama didn't take into account on the ruthlessness of the insurance companies and their total disregard for the American public.

    Always a mistake to do that. Maybe single payer was the way to go, eh?
    Actually he did take it into account, he was informed what would happen but decided to lie about it anyways.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •