Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 223

Thread: Insurance for the young could be less than $50 a month

  1. #71
    Educator ethanUNC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Last Seen
    03-29-15 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    984

    Re: Insurance for the young could be less than $50 a month

    Quote Originally Posted by Dickieboy View Post
    Er uh...Ok, argue with the CDC...
    You're not the brightest one, are you?

    You are basing your argument on an answer to a T/F question that does not have any quantifiable values. Sure, every country in the world has some people with sickle-cell anemia in it. What's your point? The distribution is in Africa, Central America, India, and SE Asia. No Whites there, sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    I don't want a "comprehension of science"
    Quote Originally Posted by L0neW0lf View Post
    Why aren't monkeys having human children?

  2. #72
    Educator ethanUNC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Last Seen
    03-29-15 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    984

    Re: Insurance for the young could be less than $50 a month

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    Sickle Cell anemia is a genetic disorder, malaria is an infectious disease.

    And to answer your question, Itlay has high rates of sickle cell anemia.
    Of course you wouldn't understand what balanced polymorphism is...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    I don't want a "comprehension of science"
    Quote Originally Posted by L0neW0lf View Post
    Why aren't monkeys having human children?

  3. #73
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: Insurance for the young could be less than $50 a month

    Quote Originally Posted by ethanUNC View Post
    You're not the brightest one, are you?

    You are basing your argument on an answer to a T/F question that does not have any quantifiable values. Sure, every country in the world has some people with sickle-cell anemia in it. What's your point? The distribution is in Africa, Central America, India, and SE Asia. No Whites there, sorry.
    Perhaps I'm not. Is it your assertion that NO whites get SCE?...as this was the assertion of the previous poster?
    "The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure" - 2006 Senator Obama...leadership failure indeed!

  4. #74
    Educator ethanUNC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Last Seen
    03-29-15 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    984

    Re: Insurance for the young could be less than $50 a month

    Quote Originally Posted by Dickieboy View Post
    Perhaps I'm not. Is it your assertion that NO whites get SCE?...as this was the assertion of the previous poster?
    What?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    I don't want a "comprehension of science"
    Quote Originally Posted by L0neW0lf View Post
    Why aren't monkeys having human children?

  5. #75
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Insurance for the young could be less than $50 a month

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Read more @: Insurance for the young could be less than $50 a month

    Lets get this website up and running to make it a lot easier to apply for these plans. [/FONT][/COLOR]
    Yeah they want $7,500 from me - I'm only 33 BTW...

  6. #76
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: Insurance for the young could be less than $50 a month

    Quote Originally Posted by ethanUNC View Post
    What?
    Perhaps I'm 'not the brightest one'.
    Is it your assertion that whites do not get sickle cell anemia?
    This (only blacks get sickle cell anemia) was the assertion of the previous poster.

    clear?
    "The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure" - 2006 Senator Obama...leadership failure indeed!

  7. #77
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,099

    Re: Insurance for the young could be less than $50 a month

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Blaylock View Post
    So really, you're not going to be paying your way at all. You'll be paying only a small fraction of your total medical costs, with other people who are being forced to pay many times their medical costs in order to help pay for yours as well.

    If I were in that position, it is certainly not something about which I would boast. I would be ashamed, in fact.

    Perhaps that is the real problem with society, today, compared to when I grew up, of which the ObamaCare scam is merely a symptom. There is too little value placed, today, on carrying one's own load, and too little stigma on being a net-parasite who takes more out of society than one gives back to it.
    Wait a minute here...

    you guys whine bitch and complain about costs and how Obamacare doesn't work then you get served with how it is working and your reply is basically "F you and your wife for having a medical condition" and then display a childish rant about personal responsibility while pretending that you don't know how insurance works with regards to spreading out the risks?

    I suppose you got this topic all locked up. You complain that it doesn't work and when shown it works you complain about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  8. #78
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Insurance for the young could be less than $50 a month

    What the **** is wrong with the progressive party? They're ruling in Stalinistic fashion - if you're for the party you get epic tax breaks, and minimal "surveillance" and if you oppose the ruling party you're labeled as a threat - or even a terrorist organization - and are put under the microscope...

    Obama and his minions are literally lunatics that want to dictate the United States but can only go so far doing it (given our present constitution) until judges completely destroy the Constitution all allow him and his apes to do so...

    I don't understand how progressives can be so ****ed up in general.....Oh yeah they're socialists and communists at heart.

  9. #79
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,099

    Re: Insurance for the young could be less than $50 a month

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    I will be paying $56.00 per month for my policy, which includes 5 dollar copays for doctors' visits, 15 dollar copays for specialists, 5 dollar copays for generic drugs, and 30 dollar copays for drugs not on the generic list. In the worst case, out of pocket expenses for any treatment for illness cannot exceed 3,000 dollars. Since my wife's medicine normally runs 1,400 bucks a month, that is quite a savings. To be honest, though, my wife was getting her Zyprexa through a special program through Eli Lilly, in which the drugs were free. However, the generic version of that drug just came out, and although it's substantially less, it's still quite a bit. Eli Lilly has dropped Zyprexa from the list of drugs it gives out free of charge to those who cannot normally afford it, because there is now a generic replacement for it.

    The plan that I ordered is the Humana Silver Plan that is offered in Texas. Am thinking about upgrading that to a Humana Platinum Plan, which will only cost me 20 bucks more per month, but has zero copays, and only a thousand maximum out of pocket expenses for any illness. In total, there are 46 different plans available for Harris County, Texas, which includes Houston. Some even include dental. These are available through the Federal Health Care Insurance Exchange.

    BTW, I got my insurance through the Federal Health Insurance Exchange. The web site did not work for me, so I called the toll free number on the site, and got through in minutes. The whole process took about 2 hours on the phone. Bottom line here is that the ACA is not just a web site.
    Right on Dan! I hope you and your wife do well!
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  10. #80
    Electrician
    Bob Blaylock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North 38°28′ West 121°26′
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 03:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,745

    Re: Insurance for the young could be less than $50 a month

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    Sickle Cell anemia is a genetic disorder, malaria is an infectious disease.
    Sickle cell anemia has a side-effect of making one immune to malaria. In places where malaria is pervasive, sickle cell anemia becomes a net positive for natural selection, as those with sickle cell anemia have a better chance of not being killed by malaria before they get a chance to procreate. Of course, the sickle cell anemia eventually kills most who have it, but not until after they've lived long enough to have a reasonable shot at passing their genetics along to another generation.
    The five great lies of the Left Wrong:
    We can be Godless and free. • “Social justice” through forced redistribution of wealth. • Silencing religious opinions counts as “diversity”. • Freedom without moral and personal responsibility. • Civilization can survive the intentional undermining of the family.

Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •