Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 223

Thread: Insurance for the young could be less than $50 a month

  1. #121
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: Insurance for the young could be less than $50 a month

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    He may marry a young fertile woman and father a child.
    But if he marries or has a child the policy is no longer an individual plan...
    "The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure" - 2006 Senator Obama...leadership failure indeed!

  2. #122
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: Insurance for the young could be less than $50 a month

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Insurance is not Qtips and alcohol. When you buy insurance, you are paying towards the expenses of everyone in the pool with you. Not just yourself.

    Do you not understand what insurance is, or how it works?
    Don't be obtuse. You are much better than that!
    "The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure" - 2006 Senator Obama...leadership failure indeed!

  3. #123
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,676

    Re: Insurance for the young could be less than $50 a month

    Quote Originally Posted by Dickieboy View Post
    No, I don't. Perhaps your assertion is that this 'new' thing is an all in/everybody pays for everything for everybody. Is that it?

    Simple analogy, I go to the drug store and shop with a basket. I select things I commonly use like Qtips, alcohol, etc., some things I hope to not need but might be good to have like bandaids and prep H and at checkout the mgr puts tampons in my basket and demands I pay for them also (presumably because everybody else had to buy them). Remind me again why I need the tampons...being a middle aged man.
    Why do you need ovarian cancer coverage?
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  4. #124
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Insurance for the young could be less than $50 a month

    Quote Originally Posted by Dickieboy View Post
    But if he marries or has a child the policy is no longer an individual plan...
    He is in a pool. The people in his pool, which include women, need it. He has to pay a share of their health costs, just as they have to pay a share of his.

    The women in his pool are never going to use their coverage for prostate cancer.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  5. #125
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Insurance for the young could be less than $50 a month

    Quote Originally Posted by Dickieboy View Post
    Don't be obtuse. You are much better than that!
    You're being obtuse. The coverage is needed for the people in the pool he belongs to.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  6. #126
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: Insurance for the young could be less than $50 a month

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    Why do you need ovarian cancer coverage?
    I don't...thanks for making my point!
    "The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure" - 2006 Senator Obama...leadership failure indeed!

  7. #127
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,676

    Re: Insurance for the young could be less than $50 a month

    Quote Originally Posted by Dickieboy View Post
    I don't...thanks for making my point!
    So I take it youre upset by the fact that your insurance plans have covered ovarian cancer your whole life? Or coverage for a thousand other diseases and disorders you can never possibly get?

    You must walk around feeling ripped off constantly.
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  8. #128
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: Insurance for the young could be less than $50 a month

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    He is in a pool. The people in his pool, which include women, need it. He has to pay a share of their health costs, just as they have to pay a share of his.

    The women in his pool are never going to use their coverage for prostate cancer.
    But both my wife and I WERE in a pool that didn't include maternity, newborn, pediatric dental/vision prior to ACA. And we paid a share of other's health costs WITHIN our pool. Now we must change 'pools' to one that includes coverage that we don't need...funny you bring up 'prostate cancer' a gender specific form of CANCER that has an opposing gender specific 'equal' being ovarian cancer. In the end cancer is cancer and policies should cover them...but pregnancy...what is the male equivalent?

    Look I understand your meaning and possible goal, that everyone is 'in it' to cover everyone's whatever a 'one size fits all' approach to health insurance and maybe that's a good idea, we'll see. But at its core I disagree. Further these 'adjustments' in the INSURANCE industry doesn't address the issue, that being MEDICAL COSTS!
    "The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure" - 2006 Senator Obama...leadership failure indeed!

  9. #129
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: Insurance for the young could be less than $50 a month

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    So I take it youre upset by the fact that your insurance plans have covered ovarian cancer your whole life? Or coverage for a thousand other diseases and disorders you can never possibly get?

    You must walk around feeling ripped off constantly.
    Nope...where do you get your talking points, Ed Schultz?
    "The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure" - 2006 Senator Obama...leadership failure indeed!

  10. #130
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Insurance for the young could be less than $50 a month

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    So I take it youre upset by the fact that your insurance plans have covered ovarian cancer your whole life? Or coverage for a thousand other diseases and disorders you can never possibly get?

    You must walk around feeling ripped off constantly.
    His insurance covers him for thousands of conditions he will never have
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •