Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 223

Thread: Insurance for the young could be less than $50 a month

  1. #111
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,660

    Re: Insurance for the young could be less than $50 a month

    Quote Originally Posted by ethanUNC View Post
    If you knew what it is, you would get the connection between selection for the heterozygous genotype in sickle-cell with respect to malaria. That is what it means.

    Don't assume things on topics you do not understand. You wrote that "sickle-cell is entirely independent of malaria." How did you know that this was true at the time you wrote it? What were you thinking?
    Think he might have a similar come-to-Jesus moment on global warming?

    Stranger things have happened...
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  2. #112
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: Insurance for the young could be less than $50 a month

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    ...But don't let those facts derail you from the point...
    Ok, one of the original points was generally why a middle age male needs maternity coverage on an individual plan? I can attest with 100% certainty (fact) he will not need it!
    "The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure" - 2006 Senator Obama...leadership failure indeed!

  3. #113
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,136

    Re: Insurance for the young could be less than $50 a month

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    How many of these folks can afford the $5K deductible and $60 co pays for the "free" annual services?
    I would like that option. That would be a lot better than what I currently have and a heck of a lot cheaper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  4. #114
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Insurance for the young could be less than $50 a month

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    I said nothing about Romneycare. You are making a straw man to try and slip out of responsibility of your post that illuminated that you don't know anything about Obamacare.
    Yeah progressive language is quite unique....

    I have no responsibility because I didn't advocate Obamacare and was not in a legislative position to approve or deny the proposed legislation.

    I'm no "strawman" and certainly am not ignorant to Obamacare.......

    I'm done with you. I would like to discuss other issues so... Like Dirt?

  5. #115
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Insurance for the young could be less than $50 a month

    Quote Originally Posted by Dickieboy View Post
    Ok, one of the original points was generally why a middle age male needs maternity coverage on an individual plan? I can attest with 100% certainty (fact) he will not need it!
    And I explained why he does.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  6. #116
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,660

    Re: Insurance for the young could be less than $50 a month

    Quote Originally Posted by Dickieboy View Post
    Ok, one of the original points was generally why a middle age male needs maternity coverage on an individual plan? I can attest with 100% certainty (fact) he will not need it!
    And I can attest with 100% certainly that you will not need treatment for porphyria. But you will be paying for other people to get coverage on your medical plan.

    I'm pretty sure you won't get ovarian cancer either. But you're paying for that coverage too.
    I could go on and on... Do you get the point? Do you see how stupid that objection actually is (no matter how many times Sean Hannity says it?)
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  7. #117
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: Insurance for the young could be less than $50 a month

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    And I explained why he does.
    Remind me again why....
    "The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure" - 2006 Senator Obama...leadership failure indeed!

  8. #118
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: Insurance for the young could be less than $50 a month

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    And I can attest with 100% certainly that you will not need treatment for porphyria. But you will be paying for other people to get coverage on your medical plan.

    I'm pretty sure you won't get ovarian cancer either. But you're paying for that coverage too.
    I could go on and on... Do you get the point? Do you see how stupid that objection actually is (no matter how many times Sean Hannity says it?)
    No, I don't. Perhaps your assertion is that this 'new' thing is an all in/everybody pays for everything for everybody. Is that it?

    Simple analogy, I go to the drug store and shop with a basket. I select things I commonly use like Qtips, alcohol, etc., some things I hope to not need but might be good to have like bandaids and prep H and at checkout the mgr puts tampons in my basket and demands I pay for them also (presumably because everybody else had to buy them). Remind me again why I need the tampons...being a middle aged man.
    "The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure" - 2006 Senator Obama...leadership failure indeed!

  9. #119
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Insurance for the young could be less than $50 a month

    Quote Originally Posted by Dickieboy View Post
    Remind me again why....
    He may marry a young fertile woman and father a child.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  10. #120
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Insurance for the young could be less than $50 a month

    Quote Originally Posted by Dickieboy View Post
    No, I don't. Perhaps your assertion is that this 'new' thing is an all in/everybody pays for everything for everybody. Is that it?

    Simple analogy, I go to the drug store and shop with a basket. I select things I commonly use like Qtips, alcohol, etc., some things I hope to not need but might be good to have like bandaids and prep H and at checkout the mgr puts tampons in my basket and demands I pay for them also (presumably because everybody else had to buy them). Remind me again why I need the tampons...being a middle aged man.
    Insurance is not Qtips and alcohol. When you buy insurance, you are paying towards the expenses of everyone in the pool with you. Not just yourself.

    Do you not understand what insurance is, or how it works?
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •