Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 61 to 68 of 68

Thread: Docs Resisting ObamaCare

  1. #61
    Sage
    DDD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Republic of Dardania
    Last Seen
    05-06-17 @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,173

    Re: Docs Resisting ObamaCare

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    Selfish?

    Taking money from some people to give to other people is theft... It's stealing... Americans give more to charity and do more for those less fortunate than any other people in the world, so I don't want to hear "selfish" from you or anyone else.
    And I am to oblige by this wish of yours because...?
    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Stats come out and always show life getting better. News makes money in making you think its not.
    The Republic of Dardania is the proper name for: http://www.debatepolitics.com/europe...ification.html

  2. #62
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,126
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: Docs Resisting ObamaCare

    Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    And I am to oblige by this wish of yours because...?
    Because not wanting the government to take our money and spend it the way they see fit, doesn't make anyone selfish. If we were selfish as you claim, then how come we give so much money to charity and help so many around the world in need?

  3. #63
    Sage
    DDD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Republic of Dardania
    Last Seen
    05-06-17 @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,173

    Re: Docs Resisting ObamaCare

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    Because not wanting the government to take our money and spend it the way they see fit, doesn't make anyone selfish. If we were selfish as you claim, then how come we give so much money to charity and help so many around the world in need?
    That is a really good question in fact. You are ready to help charity and people living across the oceans. But should your fellow countrymen be in need for medical aid, nuuuuuuuuuu!
    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Stats come out and always show life getting better. News makes money in making you think its not.
    The Republic of Dardania is the proper name for: http://www.debatepolitics.com/europe...ification.html

  4. #64
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,151

    Re: Docs Resisting ObamaCare

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    50 million Americans already know - the system doesn't insure them, unless they get so sick that they can walk into an ER, which is the most expensive inefficient way to treat public health ever invented.
    It is more efficient to go to your own doctor if you have insurance but, that requires making an appointment which could be days or weeks down the road. With the dwindling supply of doctors, that will only get worse.

    I don't know about elsewhere but, urgent care clinics are popping up all over place around here.

    Could that be the result of this system?

  5. #65
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:53 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    532

    Re: Docs Resisting ObamaCare

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    Psst: they use it for it's intended purpose: emergency care. The uninsured don't go to doctors, so minor health problems become big ones and they wind up in ER.

    That's about as stupid as Sarah Palin's talking points on quantum mechanics.
    Nice try. ER being flooded by the uninsured is a myth since it only accounts for a fraction of a percent of overall health care. Not real smart on your part to bring the issue up because it is only expected to be a larger problem once everyone has healthcare.

  6. #66
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,761

    Re: Docs Resisting ObamaCare

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    Because not wanting the government to take our money and spend it the way they see fit, doesn't make anyone selfish. If we were selfish as you claim, then how come we give so much money to charity and help so many around the world in need?
    If all taxes are theft, does that mean I get veto power over military spending?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  7. #67
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,046

    Re: Docs Resisting ObamaCare

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    Selfish?

    Taking money from some people to give to other people is theft... It's stealing...
    Every dollar that any government collects goes to someone else, whether it be a government employee, a contractor building a road, a soldier, a teacher at a public school, aid to a foreign country etc. etc. etc...

    Speaking in such absolutes makes your position look outright insane. You have taken an argument with valid points, the pro-low taxes argument, and taken it to an idiotic extreme.
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    uh that is so small as to be stupid. Do you want registration? given less than 3% of criminals get their guns from private sales, its pretty much a waste of resources
    **Thirty Minutes Later**
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you are confused. I never denied that many criminals get guns in private sales.

  8. #68
    Professor

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    1,321

    Re: Docs Resisting ObamaCare

    Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    I personally know two college graduates in the past year who opted not to go to medical school to pursue a career as a doctor specifically because of Obamacare. That's anecdotal, sure, but that's just in little old The Man's world. I'm sure plenty of others know of and have seen the same thing.
    Then those students are actually doing us a favor. We have enough doctors in the system who only care about riches and not the health of their patients.

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "If you don't want your tax dollars to help the poor, then stop saying you want a country based on Christian values, because you don't." Jimmy Carter

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •