Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 47

Thread: Obamacare individual mandate delayed

  1. #21
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,741

    Re: Obamacare individual mandate delayed

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    On what legal authority is it "being delayed"?
    The IRS can waive tax penalties for a variety of reasons.
    Last edited by Deuce; 10-30-13 at 01:19 AM.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  2. #22
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Obamacare individual mandate delayed

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    The IRS can waive tax penalties for a variety of reasons.
    Yes, but those generally have this thing called "Legal authority" to do so, not just a whim.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-03-16 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,761

    Re: Obamacare individual mandate delayed

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    Yeah, because it's impossible to fix a website, and ACA is nothing more than a website.

    Jesus, what will conservative have to talk about 6 months from now when ACA is running fine and the number of uninsured drops precipitously?

    Agenda 21 or something like that.
    Wish there was a way to remind you of this 6 months down the road.... Btw, the only way that website will be functional at that point is if the entire thing is rebuilt from scratch without the nepotism and using competent coders.

    Up to now, it's probably over 1000:1 of people that signed up for the one-way trip to mars than have signed on to Obamacare.

    But, 6 months down the road, who will Obama have to blame WHEN it's still not working?

  4. #24
    Educator
    keymanjim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Last Seen
    07-03-17 @ 12:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    1,002

    Re: Obamacare individual mandate delayed

    Quote Originally Posted by BmanMcfly View Post
    Wish there was a way to remind you of this 6 months down the road.... Btw, the only way that website will be functional at that point is if the entire thing is rebuilt from scratch without the nepotism and using competent coders.

    Up to now, it's probably over 1000:1 of people that signed up for the one-way trip to mars than have signed on to Obamacare.

    But, 6 months down the road, who will Obama have to blame WHEN it's still not working?
    They'll blame the republicans for not throwing enough money at the problem.
    11 Liberal Rules for Racism in America
    それは残念だよね?
    Obama is a clown in blackface. Oops! I misspoke. My bad.

  5. #25
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,068

    Re: Obamacare individual mandate delayed

    Quote Originally Posted by BmanMcfly View Post
    Wish there was a way to remind you of this 6 months down the road.... Btw, the only way that website will be functional at that point is if the entire thing is rebuilt from scratch without the nepotism and using competent coders.

    Up to now, it's probably over 1000:1 of people that signed up for the one-way trip to mars than have signed on to Obamacare.

    But, 6 months down the road, who will Obama have to blame WHEN it's still not working?
    Given that almost 1,000,000 (862,000) have signed up for plans under the ACA, that 1000 to one thing about going to Mars.... 1 billion people signing up for a trip to Mars thing.... what a thriving business.

    Affordable Care Act (aka Obamacare) Health Insurance Signup Chart

    I just checked out the CO site. It was quick, easy, and much lower (at first blush) in comparison to what I am paying now. My equivalent Kaiser plan for my family (Silver) looks like it will cost at $600 per month as opposed to the $2,000 I am now paying. Deductibles are comparable, co-insurance a little higher, but the out of pocket is capped at less than my current premiums.... In Colorado, at state the embraced the ACA and set up a good marketplace, this looks good. I do have to see what this will do for my employees, however.

  6. #26
    Guru
    Samhain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Northern Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:15 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,875

    Re: Obamacare individual mandate delayed

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    Given that almost 1,000,000 (862,000) have signed up for plans under the ACA, that 1000 to one thing about going to Mars.... 1 billion people signing up for a trip to Mars thing.... what a thriving business.

    Affordable Care Act (aka Obamacare) Health Insurance Signup Chart

    I just checked out the CO site. It was quick, easy, and much lower (at first blush) in comparison to what I am paying now. My equivalent Kaiser plan for my family (Silver) looks like it will cost at $600 per month as opposed to the $2,000 I am now paying. Deductibles are comparable, co-insurance a little higher, but the out of pocket is capped at less than my current premiums.... In Colorado, at state the embraced the ACA and set up a good marketplace, this looks good. I do have to see what this will do for my employees, however.
    FYI, most of those state numbers aren't on the exchanges, but are onto Medicaid( Washington - 87%, Kentucky - 82%, New York - 64%, etc ).

    While on the topic of a 6-week enrollment delay, more news of policy premium spikes.

    Insurers Oppose Obamacare Extension as Danger to Profits - Bloomberg
    Extending the enrollment period would have a “destabilizing effect on insurance markets,” said Robert Zirkelbach, a spokesman for the Washington-based lobbyist group American’s Health Insurance Plans. Allowing younger, healthy Americans to sign up later, as they probably would, means less revenue for insurers counting on those premiums to help defray the cost of sicker customers, threatening industry profits.
    Enlarge image Healthcare.gov Website

    “If you can enroll at any point in the year, then you can just wait until you get sick,” Brian Wright, an analyst with Monness Crespi Hardt in New York, said in a telephone interview. “This isn’t the industry crying foul and exaggerating the issue, this is actually one of those issues where there is a well-grounded reason for the concerns.”

  7. #27
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,068

    Re: Obamacare individual mandate delayed

    Quote Originally Posted by Samhain View Post
    FYI, most of those state numbers aren't on the exchanges, but are onto Medicaid( Washington - 87%, Kentucky - 82%, New York - 64%, etc ).

    While on the topic of a 6-week enrollment delay, more news of policy premium spikes.

    Insurers Oppose Obamacare Extension as Danger to Profits - Bloomberg
    Duly noted. The guy that prepared this well articulates that he had to do a lot of data mining. Though I doubt its accuracy, I believe the message that people are indeed signing up, and in states that have their own exchanges, its doing pretty well for one month into to business. The demand is clearly present.

  8. #28
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,741

    Re: Obamacare individual mandate delayed

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Yes, but those generally have this thing called "Legal authority" to do so, not just a whim.
    The IRS has the legal authority to do this and always has.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  9. #29
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Obamacare individual mandate delayed

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    Yeah, because it's impossible to fix a website, and ACA is nothing more than a website.

    Jesus, what will conservative have to talk about 6 months from now when ACA is running fine and the number of uninsured drops precipitously?

    Agenda 21 or something like that.
    At that point it will probably be the push you libs will be trying with a forced move to single payer, because y'all broke the system.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #30
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Obamacare individual mandate delayed

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    Given that almost 1,000,000 (862,000) have signed up for plans under the ACA, that 1000 to one thing about going to Mars.... 1 billion people signing up for a trip to Mars thing.... what a thriving business.

    Affordable Care Act (aka Obamacare) Health Insurance Signup Chart

    I just checked out the CO site. It was quick, easy, and much lower (at first blush) in comparison to what I am paying now. My equivalent Kaiser plan for my family (Silver) looks like it will cost at $600 per month as opposed to the $2,000 I am now paying. Deductibles are comparable, co-insurance a little higher, but the out of pocket is capped at less than my current premiums.... In Colorado, at state the embraced the ACA and set up a good marketplace, this looks good. I do have to see what this will do for my employees, however.
    We don't know how many people have actually purchased plans. The "sign up" number you are trying to pass off here is just people trying to find out their cost.

    On your own experience, there is of course no way for any of us to verify what you say on that, and given that you were already caught trying to deceive in this post, I am disinclined to trust what you are saying here.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •