Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 109

Thread: CBS: Thousand of policy cancellations[W:65]

  1. #1
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,137
    Blog Entries
    20

    CBS: Thousand of policy cancellations[W:65]

    I for one am glad to see that at least one of the big 3 has decided to report the truth instead of continuing to run interference for the Obama administration... They actually call the president out for lying to the American people:


  2. #2
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: CBS: Thousand of policy cancellations

    By all accounts, the new policies will offer consumers better coverage, in some cases, for comparable cost -- especially after the inclusion of federal subsidies for those who qualify. The law requires policies sold in the individual market to cover 10 “essential” benefits, such as prescription drugs, mental health treatment and maternity care. In addition, insurers cannot reject people with medical problems or charge them higher prices. The policies must also cap consumers’ annual expenses at levels lower than many plans sold before the new rules.
    Thousands Of Consumers Get Insurance Cancellation Notices Due To Health Law Changes - Kaiser Health News
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  3. #3
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: CBS: Thousand of policy cancellations

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    By all accounts, the new policies will offer consumers better coverage, in some cases, for comparable cost -- especially after the inclusion of federal subsidies for those who qualify. The law requires policies sold in the individual market to cover 10 “essential” benefits, such as prescription drugs, mental health treatment and maternity care. In addition, insurers cannot reject people with medical problems or charge them higher prices. The policies must also cap consumers’ annual expenses at levels lower than many plans sold before the new rules.
    Thousands Of Consumers Get Insurance Cancellation Notices Due To Health Law Changes - Kaiser Health News
    That's hardly the point.

  4. #4
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: CBS: Thousand of policy cancellations

    Those cancellations are due to the fact their policy doesn't meet the minimum requirements under the law.

  5. #5
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,137
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: CBS: Thousand of policy cancellations

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Those cancellations are due to the fact their policy doesn't meet the minimum requirements under the law.
    Right you are Pete... Cut to Obama:


  6. #6
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: CBS: Thousand of policy cancellations

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    That's hardly the point.
    It is central to the point of why those policies have been ended......and it is straight from the providers mouth.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  7. #7
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: CBS: Thousand of policy cancellations

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    Right you are Pete... Cut to Obama:

    First of all, a good deal of those plans are catastrophic plans, they are not health maintenance plans, people who have the don't have doctors through them. Second, its not the government cancelling those policies, its the private insurers who are.

  8. #8
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,137
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: CBS: Thousand of policy cancellations

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    First of all, a good deal of those plans are catastrophic plans, they are not health maintenance plans, people who have the don't have doctors through them. Second, its not the government cancelling those policies, its the private insurers who are.
    Do you not understand English Pete?

    He promiced "If you like your health care plan, you will be able to keep your health care plan... PERIOD"

    That is a lie... PERIOD.

  9. #9
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,833

    Re: CBS: Thousand of policy cancellations

    Why should anyone be surprised that Insurance companies don't want pre-existing conditions?
    Who cares of success stories like over 26,000 signed up to ACA in red-state Kentucky ?
    Physics is Phun

  10. #10
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,193

    Re: CBS: Thousand of policy cancellations

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Those cancellations are due to the fact their policy doesn't meet the minimum requirements under the law.
    So, is your point that Obama hadn't read or didn't understand the law when he made the commitment or that he was just lying to the American people for their own good?
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •