Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 109

Thread: CBS: Thousand of policy cancellations[W:65]

  1. #61
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: CBS: Thousand of policy cancellations

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Well, if you want to idiotically call him a criminal and suggest he can be impeached, more power to you. It seems your incapable of putting forth an actual argument against it so you have to put up this childish little facade, which frankly says plenty about the situation.
    Me? I'm just mouthing those who use your argument.

    How extreme do you wanna be? Inquiring minds want to know.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  2. #62
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: CBS: Thousand of policy cancellations

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Oh...so you are saying the President is not a scoundrel and a blatant liar?
    I'm stating he's a typical and common variety dishonest and manipulative politician whose just like most that came before him, who deliberately said what would sound good and be welcomed by the public in order to sell his legislation and whose agencies under his management immedietely set forth crafting regulation that basically assured those claims and "guarantees" to be largely incapable of being met.

  3. #63
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: CBS: Thousand of policy cancellations

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    I'm stating he's a typical and common variety dishonest and manipulative politician whose just like most that came before him, who deliberately said what would sound good and be welcomed by the public in order to sell his legislation and whose agencies under his management immedietely set forth crafting regulation that basically assured those claims and "guarantees" to be largely incapable of being met.
    Largely? Are you trying to argue that the vast majority of people who already have HI will NOT be able to retain the policy they have?
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  4. #64
    Guru
    Samhain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Northern Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:34 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,888

    Re: CBS: Thousand of policy cancellations

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Largely? Are you trying to argue that the vast majority of people who already have HI will NOT be able to retain the policy they have?
    For those on the individual market, the administration has estimated 67-80% will lose their policies. That's somewhere in the 7-11 million range of lost policies. Not sure how many are family plans, but you would have to assume that the total number of people affected would be larger than that.

  5. #65
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Gina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    31,937

    Re: CBS: Thousand of policy cancellations

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Me? I'm just mouthing those who use your argument.

    How extreme do you wanna be? Inquiring minds want to know.
    Moderator's Warning:
    CBS: Thousand of policy cancellations[W:65]Third post like this. Going forward address the post not the poster or a thread ban/points are possible.
    I don't attack my constituents. Bob is my constituent now.
    This is the important stuff. We canít get lost in discrimination. We canít get lost in B.S. We canít get lost tearing each other down. I want to make a point here that no matter what you look like, where you come from, how you worship, who you love, how you identify, and yeah, how you run, that if you have good public policy ideas, if you are well qualified for office, bring those ideas to the table, because this is your America, too. This is our commonwealth of Virginia, too.
    Danica Roem - The nation's first openly transgender person elected to serve in a U.S. state legislature.

  6. #66
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: CBS: Thousand of policy cancellations

    Quote Originally Posted by Samhain View Post
    For those on the individual market, the administration has estimated 67-80% will lose their policies. That's somewhere in the 7-11 million range of lost policies. Not sure how many are family plans, but you would have to assume that the total number of people affected would be larger than that.
    A little back of the envelope...85% have coverage in the US...so @ 265 million.....and 11 million might have to switch to a plan with better coverage with some subsidy.

    Uh...seems like "largely" the claim will be met.

    But some folks like to deal in absolutes...which allows "gotcha".
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  7. #67
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,874

    Re: CBS: Thousand of policy cancellations

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    A little back of the envelope...85% have coverage in the US...so @ 265 million.....and 11 million might have to switch to a plan with better coverage with some subsidy.

    Uh...seems like "largely" the claim will be met.

    But some folks like to deal in absolutes...which allows "gotcha".
    Or no subsidy...

    Anyway, do you think it's worth it to cause hardship and turmoil to those 11 million people who already HAVE insurance?
    TANSTAAFL

    ďAn armed society is a polite society.Ē
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  8. #68
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: CBS: Thousand of policy cancellations

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    Or no subsidy...

    Anyway, do you think it's worth it to cause hardship and turmoil to those 11 million people who already HAVE insurance?
    Do I think it is worth a very small number of people having to get better insurance with more than likely a subsidy in exchange for a lager number to be able to now have access/purchase insurance?

    Yes, I do.

    Oh snap....I just went personal....again.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  9. #69
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,874

    Re: CBS: Thousand of policy cancellations

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Do I think it is worth a very small number of people having to get better insurance with more than likely a subsidy in exchange for a lager number to be able to now have access/purchase insurance?

    Yes, I do.

    Oh snap....I just went personal....again.
    1. 11 million is a SMALL number?

    2. "Better" is a subjective value...something better left to the individual to decide. For example, a male, healthy, age 30, with a good paying job might not think a policy that requires maternity and mental illness coverage along with a higher premium to be better than the catastrophic plan he has now...especially when it is costing him more money.

    You see, that is the fundamental problem with Obamacare...it is a one-size-fits-all, government-mandated solution to a problem that rightfully should be a personal responsibility...and a personal choice. Obamacare removes the choice and minimizes the responsibility.
    TANSTAAFL

    ďAn armed society is a polite society.Ē
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  10. #70
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: CBS: Thousand of policy cancellations

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    1. 11 million is a SMALL number?
    In comparison to 265M? Is thing on? Hello?

    2. "Better" is a subjective value...something better left to the individual to decide. For example, a male, healthy, age 30, with a good paying job might not think a policy that requires maternity and mental illness coverage along with a higher premium to be better than the catastrophic plan he has now...especially when it is costing him more money.

    You see, that is the fundamental problem with Obamacare...it is a one-size-fits-all, government-mandated solution to a problem that rightfully should be a personal responsibility...and a personal choice. Obamacare removes the choice and minimizes the responsibility.
    A boot strap argument ignoring the details of plans being offered.....while hypocritically ignoring the use of its own "subjective measures"......and devolving into rhetoric.

    Sigh.
    Last edited by Gimmesometruth; 10-29-13 at 02:53 PM. Reason: edited 256 to 265
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •