Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 109

Thread: CBS: Thousand of policy cancellations[W:65]

  1. #11
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: CBS: Thousand of policy cancellations

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    It is central to the point of why those policies have been ended......and it is straight from the providers mouth.
    It's central to the point of why those policies have been ended, yes. The point that OP was making was that everyone was told they could keep their policies. Three of the advantages you list only come into play after you've spent your deductible which, in most cases (assuming people want a reasonable premium), is going to be $6,000 -- prescription drugs, maternity, mental health.

    These new policies are GREAT for people with severe health issues and pre-existing conditions. Others? Not so great.

  2. #12
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: CBS: Thousand of policy cancellations

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    Do you not understand English Pete?

    He promiced "If you like your health care plan, you will be able to keep your health care plan... PERIOD"

    That is a lie... PERIOD.
    Impeach him.

  3. #13
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,069

    Re: CBS: Thousand of policy cancellations

    i'm sure a ton of worthless safe auto policies have been cancelled because they didn't meet the minimal requirements.

  4. #14
    Sage
    Lutherf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,638

    Re: CBS: Thousand of policy cancellations

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    By all accounts, the new policies will offer consumers better coverage, in some cases, for comparable cost -- especially after the inclusion of federal subsidies for those who qualify. The law requires policies sold in the individual market to cover 10 “essential” benefits, such as prescription drugs, mental health treatment and maternity care. In addition, insurers cannot reject people with medical problems or charge them higher prices. The policies must also cap consumers’ annual expenses at levels lower than many plans sold before the new rules.
    Thousands Of Consumers Get Insurance Cancellation Notices Due To Health Law Changes - Kaiser Health News
    Yeah, because as a 48yo male I really need maternity coverage.

  5. #15
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: CBS: Thousand of policy cancellations

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    So, is your point that Obama hadn't read or didn't understand the law when he made the commitment or that he was just lying to the American people for their own good?
    All those statement he made in the video were made prior to ACA becoming law.

  6. #16
    Guru
    Samhain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Northern Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:15 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,875

    Re: CBS: Thousand of policy cancellations

    Obama admin. knew millions could not keep their health insurance - Investigations

    President Obama repeatedly assured Americans that after the Affordable Care Act became law, people who liked their health insurance would be able to keep it. But millions of Americans are getting or are about to get cancellation letters for their health insurance under Obamacare, say experts, and the Obama administration has known that for at least three years.


    Buried in Obamacare regulations from July 2010 is an estimate that because of normal turnover in the individual insurance market, “40 to 67 percent” of customers will not be able to keep their policy. And because many policies will have been changed since the key date, “the percentage of individual market policies losing grandfather status in a given year exceeds the 40 to 67 percent range.”
    NBC News estimates that more than 7 million people will be losing their health insurance this year. Other health insurance estimates state that 80% of all individual policies will be cancelled, which would make the total # cancelled more than 10 million.


    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    All those statement he made in the video were made prior to ACA becoming law.
    And the admin knew is was bogus as of July 2010, if not earlier, but never brought up the fact that it was bogus.

  7. #17
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,823

    Re: CBS: Thousand of policy cancellations

    CBS isn't the only one reporting the truth now. It's just too bad they waited so long.

    Obama admin. knew millions could not keep their health insurance

    President Obama repeatedly assured Americans that after the Affordable Care Act became law, people who liked their health insurance would be able to keep it. But millions of Americans are getting or are about to get cancellation letters for their health insurance under Obamacare, say experts, and the Obama administration has known that for at least three years.


    Four sources deeply involved in the Affordable Care Act tell NBC NEWS that 50 to 75 percent of the 14 million consumers who buy their insurance individually can expect to receive a “cancellation” letter or the equivalent over the next year because their existing policies don’t meet the standards mandated by the new health care law. One expert predicts that number could reach as high as 80 percent. And all say that many of those forced to buy pricier new policies will experience “sticker shock.”

    None of this should come as a shock to the Obama administration. The law states that policies in effect as of March 23, 2010 will be “grandfathered,” meaning consumers can keep those policies even though they don’t meet requirements of the new health care law. But the Department of Health and Human Services then wrote regulations that narrowed that provision, by saying that if any part of a policy was significantly changed since that date -- the deductible, co-pay, or benefits, for example -- the policy would not be grandfathered.

    Buried in Obamacare regulations from July 2010 is an estimate that because of normal turnover in the individual insurance market, “40 to 67 percent” of customers will not be able to keep their policy. And because many policies will have been changed since the key date, “the percentage of individual market policies losing grandfather status in a given year exceeds the 40 to 67 percent range.”

    That means the administration knew that more than 40 to 67 percent of those in the individual market would not be able to keep their plans, even if they liked them.

    Yet President Obama, who had promised in 2009, “if you like your health plan, you will be able to keep your health plan,” was still saying in 2012, “If [you] already have health insurance, you will keep your health insurance.” (emphasis mine)

    Obama admin. knew millions could not keep their health insurance - Investigations
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  8. #18
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,180

    Re: CBS: Thousand of policy cancellations

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    All those statement he made in the video were made prior to ACA becoming law.
    So, after the law was passed, the President dummied up and never commented again? Would you like to place a wager on that?
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  9. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    (none)
    Last Seen
    04-04-15 @ 09:11 PM
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    6,112
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: CBS: Thousand of policy cancellations

    OH MY GOSH! A politician lied.
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    Last edited by vasuderatorrent; 10-28-13 at 07:48 PM.

  10. #20
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: CBS: Thousand of policy cancellations

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    So, after the law was passed, the President dummied up and never commented again? Would you like to place a wager on that?
    No, but what I wrote is true. All presidents lie at one time or another, this one didn't kill anyone.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •