Page 1 of 48 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 478

Thread: Fed judge: Texas abortion limits unconstitutional [W:167:202:330]

  1. #1
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,755

    Fed judge: Texas abortion limits unconstitutional [W:167:202:330]

    AUSTIN, Texas (AP) A federal judge has determined that new Texas abortion restrictions violate the U.S. Constitution, a ruling that keeps open at least for now dozens of abortion clinics that were set to halt operations Tuesday had the law taken effect.
    Once more, extremist ideology has been defeated in the courts. This will most likely move up to the Supreme Court, where I expect 2 things will happen.

    1) SCOTUS will uphold the ruling, saying the Texas law places an undue burden on women.

    2) Some here will call Justice Roberts a RINO. Never mind that he will have upheld the Constitution, and left ideology out of his decision.

    Of course, for some of the "smaller government crowd, they really do want big government when it suits their own desires to force their own religious beliefs on others.

    Article is here.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  2. #2
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,809

    Re: Fed judge: Texas abortion limits unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Once more, extremist ideology has been defeated in the courts. This will most likely move up to the Supreme Court, where I expect 2 things will happen.

    1) SCOTUS will uphold the ruling, saying the Texas law places an undue burden on women.

    2) Some here will call Justice Roberts a RINO. Never mind that he will have upheld the Constitution, and left ideology out of his decision.

    Of course, for some of the "smaller government crowd, they really do want big government when it suits their own desires to force their own religious beliefs on others.

    Article is here.

    Thats great news, trying to backdoor rights and healthcare based on morals and not the science and medical communities regulations is just silly anyway.

    Its just dishonesty and they lost for now.

    Now mind you if the medical community was in a majority agreeance and these BS regulations needed done for safety then by all means but thats factually not the case. Its all a smoke screen that nobody honest buys.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #3
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Fed judge: Texas abortion limits unconstitutional

    It's time for the wingnuts who wanted the courts to rule Obamacare unconstitutional to start whining about judicial activism
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  4. #4
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,310

    Re: Fed judge: Texas abortion limits unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Once more, extremist ideology has been defeated in the courts. This will most
    likely move up to the Supreme Court, where I expect 2 things will happen.

    1) SCOTUS will uphold the ruling, saying the Texas law places an undue burden on women.

    2) Some here will call Justice Roberts a RINO. Never mind that he will have upheld the Constitution, and left ideology out of his decision.

    Of course, for some of the "smaller government crowd, they really do want big government when it suits their own desires to force their own religious beliefs on others.

    Article is here.
    We all knew it was going to be challeneged and sent up to the Supreme Court where the law will be upheld through a 5 -4 decision.

    The Texas legislation took all of that into acccount and some Lib Judge can't do anything about that.

    Its not even note worthy.

  5. #5
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,755

    Re: Fed judge: Texas abortion limits unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    We all knew it was going to be challeneged and sent up to the Supreme Court where the law will be upheld through a 5 -4 decision.

    The Texas legislation took all of that into acccount and some Lib Judge can't do anything about that.

    Its not even note worthy.
    Let's make a gentleman's bet. Loser has to wear the avatar the winner chooses for a month. My bet is that the Supreme Court will uphold this decision. If you are so sure they won't, then put your avatar where your mouth is. We got a bet?
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  6. #6
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 09:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,907

    Re: Fed judge: Texas abortion limits unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Once more, extremist ideology has been defeated in the courts. This will most likely move up to the Supreme Court, where I expect 2 things will happen.

    1) SCOTUS will uphold the ruling, saying the Texas law places an undue burden on women.

    2) Some here will call Justice Roberts a RINO. Never mind that he will have upheld the Constitution, and left ideology out of his decision.

    Of course, for some of the "smaller government crowd, they really do want big government when it suits their own desires to force their own religious beliefs on others.

    Article is here.
    I'd be one that is for LIMITED small government, but within those limits is a protective function. To protect human life trumps other concerns for any rational human being.

    Gotta say though, the judges bio is pretty good.... we'll see what happens up the chain.

  7. #7
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,755

    Re: Fed judge: Texas abortion limits unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by johndylan1 View Post
    I'd be one that is for LIMITED small government, but within those limits is a protective function. To protect human life trumps other concerns for any rational human being.

    Gotta say though, the judges bio is pretty good.... we'll see what happens up the chain.
    With all due respect, I see a lot of people say that it's to protect life, and that there is nothing religious about it, but virtually every protest against an abortion clinic I have ever seen was done by a religious organization. Say what you will, but this issue IS about forcing religion down the throats of others.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  8. #8
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,809

    Re: Fed judge: Texas abortion limits unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by johndylan1 View Post
    I'd be one that is for LIMITED small government, but within those limits is a protective function. To protect human life trumps other concerns for any rational human being.

    Gotta say though, the judges bio is pretty good.... we'll see what happens up the chain.
    exactly this is why abortion is legal but limited
    theres TWO lives, not just one.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #9
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 09:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,907

    Re: Fed judge: Texas abortion limits unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    With all due respect, I see a lot of people say that it's to protect life, and that there is nothing religious about it, but virtually every protest against an abortion clinic I have ever seen was done by a religious organization. Say what you will, but this issue IS about forcing religion down the throats of others.
    Well naturally protecting life would be a religious concern and a moral concern that is a basic and self evident natural law.

  10. #10
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,755

    Re: Fed judge: Texas abortion limits unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by johndylan1 View Post
    Well naturally protecting life would be a religious concern and a moral concern that is a basic and self evident natural law.
    And that argument is what anti-abortionists use to hide behind their real agenda. Truth is, if my wife was raped, and became pregnant as a result of that rape, I would have no problem believing that I am going to heaven, even as she and I step inside the door of that abortion clinic.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

Page 1 of 48 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •