Page 40 of 48 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 400 of 478

Thread: Fed judge: Texas abortion limits unconstitutional [W:167:202:330]

  1. #391
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    Re: Fed judge: Texas abortion limits unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by JayDubya View Post
    There is no such right, never was, never could be. You have no right to hire someone to kill your kid. You could not have such a right as it violates actual human rights.

    Ergo, banning such an action does not violate anyone's rights. Simple as that.
    thats good spin but banning abortion factually violates a womans current legal and human rights, this fact will never chnage no matter how a post tries to spin it.

    she has a legal right to her body and to have an abortion, banning abortion violates both of these, this fact can not be changed
    if one believes in human rights she has a right to live, banning abortion will force her to risk her life even if it results in her death against her will, that is a violation, this fact can not be changes

    not to mention the last one crosses over into legal rights also, cant force a person to risk their life against their will

    if you disagree by all means please provide the factual evidence that proves her current legal and human rights wont be infringed, its never be done.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #392
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    Re: Fed judge: Texas abortion limits unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    I claim that all human life is equal, no one superior, or more deserving than another.
    thats a nice claim but how do you achieve this in rights and law pertaining to the abortion/pregnant woman topic?

    what would you do to give them "equal" rights/protections since we know thats impossible.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #393
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Fed judge: Texas abortion limits unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    It's pretty clear what you are claiming.

    However you havent been able to back it up Constitutionally.

    You are welcome to your beliefs. There's nothing wrong with that...just dont attempt to force them on others.
    There is nothing in the Constitution that specifically backs up either view, yet you have no problem forcing your view on others.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  4. #394
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,988

    Re: Fed judge: Texas abortion limits unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    There is nothing in the Constitution that specifically backs up either view, yet you have no problem forcing your view on others.
    You might want to read my other posts.

    I pointed out 2 ways that it's supported and SCOTUS made their decision based on a woman's right to privacy.

    Abortion does not affect you in anyway and IMO, you should not have the right to impose your personal rights on someone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  5. #395
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Fed judge: Texas abortion limits unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    You might want to read my other posts.

    I pointed out 2 ways that it's supported and SCOTUS made their decision based on a woman's right to privacy.
    Plenty of Constitutional scholars, and indeed Supreme Court Justices disagree with the findings in RvW.

    Abortion does not affect you in anyway and IMO, you should not have the right to impose your personal rights on someone else.
    Abortion is a human rights violation, it affects me just like any other human rights violation does.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  6. #396
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,988

    Re: Fed judge: Texas abortion limits unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Plenty of Constitutional scholars, and indeed Supreme Court Justices disagree with the findings in RvW.



    Abortion is a human rights violation, it affects me just like any other human rights violation does.
    There is no way to affect the fetus (without her permission) without infringing on the mother's rights. None.

    And how do human rights violations 'affect you?' There's no right to not be offended. Your 'offense' does not trump the rights of a woman's right to life and to pursue happiness.

    btw, supporting a woman's right to choose does not mean 'liking' abortion. Or even recommending it. That is up to each individual woman to decide.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  7. #397
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    Re: Fed judge: Texas abortion limits unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Abortion is a human rights violation, it affects me just like any other human rights violation does.
    so is banning it, that fact has been proven many times, even in a thread dedicated to it, there is one person that could bring one fact to the table proving its not

    they BOTH violate human rights so using human rights as a reason to ban or to make unlimited is a complete contradictory and hypocritical failure.

    Of course if you have a solution where banning doesn violate human rights please present it now, we'd love to read it.

    I would be on board with in it a second if it didnt violate rights.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #398
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Fed judge: Texas abortion limits unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    There is no way to affect the fetus (without her permission) without infringing on the mother's rights. None.

    And how do human rights violations 'affect you?' There's no right to not be offended. Your 'offense' does not trump the rights of a woman's right to life and to pursue happiness.

    btw, supporting a woman's right to choose does not mean 'liking' abortion. Or even recommending it. That is up to each individual woman to decide.
    A human rights violation, by it's very nature, affects all of humanity.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  9. #399
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    Re: Fed judge: Texas abortion limits unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    A human rights violation, by it's very nature, affects all of humanity.
    if thats your opinion why support banning abortion, guess that violation is OK to you.
    Sorry you cant use human rights in ONE direction, that view is hypocritical and ignores facts.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #400
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,753

    Re: Fed judge: Texas abortion limits unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) but its not acceptance at all its just knowing. I know some states still deny equal rights to gays, i dont accept it.
    Again, I see it as a form of acceptance. Not, obviously, full acceptance - but at the same time, you're willing to accept something you disagree with is going on to the point that you are not committing illegal acts to change it.

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    2.) no they are meaningless when talking about current rights and laws. Some morals and and some rights and laws line up but all morals aren't laws and rights nor will they ever be nor should the be in a free country like the US
    I meant that some morals and opinions were considered to be rights, then codified into laws.

    They're interrelated, but not the same thing, I suppose...

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    3.) which would negate the fact.
    2+2= 4
    if somebody interprets that two is actually 3 then there goes the factuality

    but i do agree people do TRY and spin stuff all the time and uneducated people and people that simply dont care and people that like the spin batter go with the fallacy but at the end of the day it doesnt change the facts.
    That's what I'm saying, though...facts are unchanging, but the interpretation of said facts - which is the only thing most people see - can change.

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    4.) they simply are not see #2 some of then line up, most do not, they never will nor should they. Morals are subjective so it will never happen.
    Morals and opinions are subjective. Some of those were thrashed out into rights.
    Rights are subjective, until codified into laws.
    Interpretations of laws are subjective, until ruled on by courts.
    Interpretations of rulings are subjective, until more rulings further clarify.

    Everything is subjective, really - we've just formed a framework of rules, laws, and precedent that removes some of that subjectivity. Remove the framework...and everything is subjective again.

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    5.) its not two sides, its many sides
    heck there are pro-lifers that tell other pro-lifers they aren't pro-lifers, who is right?

    at minimum there are 3 groups, totally unlimited abortion, totally banned abortion and then people in the middle.

    the hilarious part is the people in the middle which is the biggest group, SOME of them have themselves convinced they are so different and that many in the group are so opposite of them and evil. the whole thing is pretty funny. Its a denial of reality. Its a negation of factuality just like I was talking about earlier.
    I suppose it is more than 2 sides - but those two sides are the vocal minority who currently are shown as the examples of what the discussion is.

    The middle is really more of a motley collection of sides, none really disagreeing with the other.

    But forget sides - IMO, none of the available options are acceptable.
    The option of allowing abortions, even if only some, causes a human (or some other word/phrase that means "will be human but isn't yet") to die.

    Fully or partially disallowing abortions takes rights away from a human, possibly even the right to life - assuming we're talking a life-threatening pregnancy here.

    I do not accept any of these options.

    But I do accept that we must choose one, for the moment.


    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    6.) I agree but unless we are talking about changing rights and the constitution that is our starting point in this country. But you are right somebody will ALWAYS disagree and that's not the part i have a problem with, its the disguising of there disagreement under false terms.
    Going a bit further, IMO any human decision making is guaranteed to be biased in some way - depending on what the bias is, I agree or disagree with the decision. As everyone does.....

    We've already changed the rights and constitution multiple times. Our interpretation of same, even. Some agree with these changes, others do not.

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    7.) tell me about lol

    not to mention, isnt it odd that we have discussed this long? what happened werent you told i was just going to attack you? weird. I wonder if it has anything to do with you just being honest, not lying, posting and identify your opinions and facts separately and just showing integrity whether we agree or not? imagine that! Probably is for some people what we just did is very hard.

    the other funny thing is i remember you were one of the first people on my friends list when i joined years ago and there were things we did not agree on but i still added you for all the reason previously mentioned even if from time to time we do give eachother **** so weird
    Possibly.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

Page 40 of 48 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •