Page 33 of 48 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 478

Thread: Fed judge: Texas abortion limits unconstitutional [W:167:202:330]

  1. #321
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,769

    Re: Fed judge: Texas abortion limits unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by ChezC3 View Post
    You can keep on saying it as many times as you'd like, it won't change the fact that you are wrong. WOW, WHOOPEE, YIPEE KI AYEEE, Certainly they are forcing something on me, they're forcing their belief that killing the unborn has to be an accepted part of society. It doesn't. The scarlet letter isn't a bad idea, perhaps if more shame was brought back into society you wouldn't think the killing of the unborn was something to be admired. I read everything I write. Is English your first language? I don't know how many times I can repeat myself in this regard. Chicago. Born on the South side reside on the North. and to further divulge, I purposefully, with specific intent chose to live in the most diversified zip code in the country. So you can find a new place to stick your racial arguments.


    It's kind of funny since you can see right here on the forum that not everyone agrees with YOUR beliefs. And yet you believe that our entire society should conform to them. And you say I'm wrong? So, besides women who get abortions, who else would you have wearing a Scarlet Letter in your intolerant community? Women who had sex outside of marriage? Gays? People who keep exotic animals? People who purposely choose not to have kids? People who do extreme sports? People with foot fetishes? People who wear fur? Divorced people? Men that wear their pants down by their knees, gangsta style? People that believe in euthenasia? People that drink alcohol? Smoke cigarettes? Spank their kids?


    Don't be childish, our society isn't free, and your arguing to make it even more restrictive. See, you just said exactly as I figured. If people don't want the influence of socially acceptable death in their community -- suck it up.

    Well the society that I live in...the community...let's all the people I listed above live together...and they do, peacefully.

    Correct, the world doesn't revolve around a single individual which is why a community should have a right to allow or disallow certain things which invade, influence, and cause great harm to them.

    Please explain what great harm abortion causes you?

    Jesus Christ are you confused, YOU are the one trying to live in a homogenous society of anything goes and close your eyes and cover your ears if you don't like it, not me.

    You do not understand the definition of 'homogeneous." Perhaps I have given you too much credit. "Homogenous" means "all the same." Not diversity, which is what I am supporting....many beliefs, personal liberty, free will.




    A woman doesn't have a right to kill, abortion is killing, trying to make a distinction between the two, this is your hypocritical mind working overtime. Again nip nip suck suck = empowered woman v. kick in the belly = a murderer. Death to the unborn is the result but you want to find one means acceptable and find the other deplorable. It's relativistic twaddle.

    Why does she...or a doctor...have the right to 'kill' the fetus to save her own life? Why is 'self-defense' legal? Why is that killing ok? What is the basis for that if it is mother an 'child?'

    And any killing is deplorable...but not illegal and not an infringement on something that has no rights. You never answered....can you kill a toddler for being the product of rape? No. Why not? So why do most people recognize it's ok to terminate a fetus that is a product of rape?

    WHat is the difference? You cannot say....because you do not want to admit it the difference between born and unborn. (Psssst....ignoring something doesnt make it untrue).



    What's disturbing is your lack of reading comprehension. An abortion clinic isn't a person. The act of doing something is separate for an individual who is doing it, not comprehending this makes me wonder your level of education.

    OK, since when did your discussion refer to an abortion clinic rather than an individual woman? You are the one that liked the idea of the Scarlett Letter. But once again....please describe how you are *affected* by such a facility? You are not, beyond it offending your personal beliefs. And as we've discussed, there are no particular protections for that because our American COnstitution places personal liberty and free will above that.





    No, I'm sorry dear, you are the one who needs to feel ashamed. Taking the life of the unborn is unacceptable. That is what is pathetic, it makes life's value relative. Which as you've missed before, is the foundation for our destruction. You've proven yourself incapable of understanding this very simple, rudimentary concept. You can't see that all of societal ills are based on the (lack of )value we give to life itself. You find zero value in life, that is what is very sad.

    Did you ever give me an answer about how you would feel if a stranger or the govt told you that you HAD to take a risk to your life or long-term health that you didnt believe in? Can you tell me how you'd respond to that demand?
    ..................................
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  2. #322
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,769

    Re: Fed judge: Texas abortion limits unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Do you also beleive in judging which life is "quality" and which is not?
    I leave that up to the woman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  3. #323
    Relentless Thinking Fury
    ChezC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,125

    Re: Fed judge: Texas abortion limits unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    Agent J is like that - he will not let you get away with leaving the discussion until you prove your point or admit you were wrong.

    None of that equals baiting, flaming, or trolling, IMO.
    Agent J likes to argue with himself, and repetitively egg a person on...

    As I said, it at minimum makes him a Jerk.


    But alas, I've given him more airtime than he deserves....

  4. #324
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,769

    Re: Fed judge: Texas abortion limits unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    I think we already have a few of those. And though I generally support the woman's right to kill her unborn (in the larger sense of societal rules/laws) I do feel the father should have the option to step up. If folks were really pro-choice they wouldn't take that choice away from the father either.
    As I said...a worthy topic but not one to indulge in here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  5. #325
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Fed judge: Texas abortion limits unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) ok whatcha got
    2.) true because a personal choice to have an abortion and not be forced to risk ones life against their will, will be taken away
    3.) 100% false because nothing will be forced, their personal choice will still be theirs to make, nobody will make it for them
    4.) no see 3


    its this simple

    under pro-choice

    person A who is pro-life gets to practice how they believe and their rights stay in tact
    person B who is pro-choice gets to practice how they believe and their rights stay in tact

    under pro-life

    person A who is pro-life gets to practice how they believe and their rights stay in tact
    person B who is pro-choice does NOT get to practice how they believe and their rights are infringed

    so again the fact is notihing is forced on him and he doesnt have to accept anything
    My statement (which you have labled 3) is NOT false.

    If you, for example, believed that abortion was wrong, and that in allowing it was tantamount to legalizing the murder of helpless children (which many anti-abortion persons do believe).

    You're telling me you wouldn't feel forced into accepting something totally unacceptable, if the law allowed abortions.

    Similarly, if you believed that abortion was acceptable, and that allowing it was the only way to be fair to women, you would think that disallowing it was tantamount to forcing women to carry a child, with all the risks to life and health that go with that process.

    If the law disallowed abortions (completely, or even "only in the event of rape or if the life of the women is in danger).

    In that situation, would you not feel forced into accepting something totally unacceptable to you?

    ----------------

    Your point about the impossibility of actually being forced to fully accept something is valid.

    However, you would still have to accept that the law encoded something you found reprehensible, and (unless you, IMO, went over the edge) would have to accept that it was/was not happening.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  6. #326
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Fed judge: Texas abortion limits unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    You're polishing a turd. He won't leave a the discussion until he declares his opinions to be facts. Source all you want, he just denies and reiterates that his opinions are the facts. And if you come close to the reportable line, he changes tone and says stick to the topic right after repeating yet again, his opinions are the facts. It's a tried and true tactic and I'm prohibitted from calling it any of those things you just mentioned.
    Eh.

    Doesn't bother me that much.

    Of course I haven't been opposite him on a discussion much.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  7. #327
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,891

    Re: Fed judge: Texas abortion limits unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    Eh.

    Doesn't bother me that much.

    Of course I haven't been opposite him on a discussion much.
    Oh, just have two or three; that's all you'll need. After, you can just plug in the boilerplate. Irrespective of topic, it never changes.

  8. #328
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Fed judge: Texas abortion limits unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    I leave that up to the woman.
    So the quality of a life is in the eyes of another?
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  9. #329
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,784

    Re: Fed judge: Texas abortion limits unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    1.)My statement (which you have labled 3) is NOT false.

    2.)If you, for example, believed that abortion was wrong, and that in allowing it was tantamount to legalizing the murder of helpless children (which many anti-abortion persons do believe).

    You're telling me you wouldn't feel forced into accepting something totally unacceptable, if the law allowed abortions.

    3.) Similarly, if you believed that abortion was acceptable, and that allowing it was the only way to be fair to women, you would think that disallowing it was tantamount to forcing women to carry a child, with all the risks to life and health that go with that process.

    4.) If the law disallowed abortions (completely, or even "only in the event of rape or if the life of the women is in danger).

    In that situation, would you not feel forced into accepting something totally unacceptable to you?

    ----------------

    5.) Your point about the impossibility of actually being forced to fully accept something is valid.

    6.)However, you would still have to accept that the law encoded something you found reprehensible, and (unless you, IMO, went over the edge) would have to accept that it was/was not happening.
    1.) yes it 100% factually is based on the definition of the word accept and force. your personal accptance is still intact and nothing is forced on you

    when you can change this fact please let me know, if you have ONE example that shows factual force/acceptance ill galdly agree

    2.) no because that would be factually not true as already pointed out all those that think like you just described factually do not accept it and if they do its their choice its not forced. as far as "feelings" go they are meaningless to facts.

    equal rights is not national for gays yet, i dont "accept" that

    3.) no i wouldn't "think" that it would factually be force

    4.) forced to "accept" no of course not because my feelings dont matter facts and definitions do
    there would be force but it would be on my acceptance

    law can not force acceptance

    5.) i agree because that point is based on opinion or what i think or what you think its just factual

    6.) no i would not and no it would require me to go over the edge, are you suggesting all prolifers are over the edge? they are not, actually many are quite reasonable, the honest and educated ones, but they still do not accept abortion.

    is abortion "happening" yes does one have to accept its ok, no of ocures not

    sorry acceptance can not be force, its impossible

    but people can "feel" how ever they want, their feelings are irrelevant
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #330
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,157

    Re: Fed judge: Texas abortion limits unconstitutional

    Moderator's Warning:
    Fed judge: Texas abortion limits unconstitutional [W:167:202:330] Folks, keep it civil. Avoid personal remarks. Some here are pushing the line, and at least one is over it.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

Page 33 of 48 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •