Page 30 of 48 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 478

Thread: Fed judge: Texas abortion limits unconstitutional [W:167:202:330]

  1. #291
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Fed judge: Texas abortion limits unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    You are factually wrong in at least one case. The prespective father is forced to accept in the case where the prespective mother gets an abortion. And just a nitpick, but not all abortion is legal.
    wrong. The father doesn't have to accept it. He just can't do anything to stop it
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  2. #292
    Sage

    Scrabaholic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    11,574

    Re: Fed judge: Texas abortion limits unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    Lol, I love the fact that you constantly cry about people being rude and the fact that you attack anyone that disagrees with you. lol, I can only imagine how thoroughly wretched you must be to deal with in day to day life.
    Where have I "constantly complained" about people being rude?

    If I am 'miserable' (and I'm not), you must be 10x as miserable.



    lol, so what, you want a medal? But the fact is I never presented their experience as some universal. I only cited it to counter your claim
    What claim???? I never made any claims on how others feel.



    I'm not sure what that has to do with your claims about adoption, and unfortunately for you, ignoring the very central issue to a debate isn't a means to win it
    Maybe you should read for comprehension then.

  3. #293
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Fed judge: Texas abortion limits unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    wrong. The father doesn't have to accept it. He just can't do anything to stop it
    Not how the term acceptance was being used here.

  4. #294
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Fed judge: Texas abortion limits unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Not how the term acceptance was being used here.
    Exactly how the term was used
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  5. #295
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,966

    Re: Fed judge: Texas abortion limits unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    After reading the conversation in question, I have to disagree with you in part.

    Abortion being legal IS forcing someone who believes abortion is wrong to accept something against their will.
    Legally, at least.
    Nothing false about that.

    Edit: For myself, I believe it is wrong, but I also believe forcing women to carry children against their will is wrong.

    So we have two wrongs here, and we've decided to err on the side of the one that came first (the women).
    That doesn't (in my mind) make it right...but it is legal, and the best we can do for the moment.
    How is it being forced on anyone else? Their body is not involved. How are they affected?

    Murder as legally designated is not illegal because it offends anyone or because the act 'forces something imaginary' on others. Murder is illegal because it deprives someone of their right to life. So the whole 'it's being forced on me' doesnt work.' It's no different than gay marriage or smoking pot or playing video games...NONE Of those things affects anyone else. You may not like those things....and no one is FORCING you to do them. But they do not affect you.

    We all have to live around a million things we dont like, behavior, laws, beliefs. So? There is no protection FROM that. Those things are actually PROTECTED, it's called personal liberty and free will.

    Ha, I'm starting to feel like I'm describing The Handmaid's Tale....where everyone is safe because of "Freedom FROM", not "Freedom TO."
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  6. #296
    Sage

    Scrabaholic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    11,574

    Re: Fed judge: Texas abortion limits unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    You can't extend your personal problems and your seemingly generic hatred for existence onto other people. Your misery is yours alone, and you should probably realize that most people find life precious.

    ALLOT of people come from dysfunctional families and rough childhoods. You should stop using whatever you experienced in the past as a template for your present and future existence.
    I am not miserable and I don't hate my existence. Your crystal ball is broken.

    When making decisions for MY body and it's contents, I will use any criteria *I* choose. You don't get to tell me what to do or not do.

  7. #297
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,824

    Re: Fed judge: Texas abortion limits unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Y1.)ou are factually wrong in at least one case. The prespective father is forced to accept in the case where the prespective mother gets an abortion.
    2.) And just a nitpick, but not all abortion is legal.
    1.) 100% false

    why? because he isnt forced to accept anything at all

    what actually happens is the law defends her right to her body and not to be forced to risk her life against her will, thats actually what happens

    and he doesnt have any power to stop it and infringe on her rights but he doesnt have to "accept" anything

    in fact years later if it bothered him i bet he still wont "accept" it unless he choose too

    2.) correct and meaningless to the conversation
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #298
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,824

    Re: Fed judge: Texas abortion limits unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    wrong. The father doesn't have to accept it. He just can't do anything to stop it
    100% correct
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #299
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Fed judge: Texas abortion limits unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    How is it being forced on anyone else? Their body is not involved. How are they affected?

    Murder as legally designated is not illegal because it offends anyone or because the act 'forces something imaginary' on others. Murder is illegal because it deprives someone of their right to life. So the whole 'it's being forced on me' doesnt work.' It's no different than gay marriage or smoking pot or playing video games...NONE Of those things affects anyone else. You may not like those things....and no one is FORCING you to do them. But they do not affect you.

    We all have to live around a million things we dont like, behavior, laws, beliefs. So? There is no protection FROM that. Those things are actually PROTECTED.

    Ha, I'm starting to feel like I'm describing The Handmaid's Tale....where everyone is safe because of "Freedom FROM", not "Freedom TO."
    Once again, abortion does affect at least one more person than the one making the decision to abort - the father.

  10. #300
    Sage

    Scrabaholic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    11,574

    Re: Fed judge: Texas abortion limits unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Now cows are people ???

    That's got to be one of the most desperately inane excuses for murder I've ever heard.

    Where did I ever say cows are people?

    Abortion is not murder. Murder is the ILLEGAL killing of a person by a person. If it's legal, it CANNOT be murder.

Page 30 of 48 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •