Page 25 of 48 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 478

Thread: Fed judge: Texas abortion limits unconstitutional [W:167:202:330]

  1. #241
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Fed judge: Texas abortion limits unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Scrabaholic View Post
    I am adopted and I would never, EVER inflict that on a child. It is not right to force a child to grow up not knowing who s/he is or where s/he came from.
    So you would have preferred to have been aborted?

    That must be a deeply troubling feeling and one where you might seriously think about counseling. There is no way in the world why you should not enjoy the blessing of life and all the good you can do with it. Not knowing who your parents were is not all that unusual and most in your position have been able to live full and happy lives despite this. It would seem you need to talk with someone about this.

  2. #242
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,274

    Re: Fed judge: Texas abortion limits unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    I have twin sisters who are adopted (at birth). They knew their mother before that crack whore died of AIDS. THey know their brother and sisters and maintain a relationship with them. They are infinitely better off with my family than her...they were born when she was in jail and ALL of her children have physical and mental issues from her being on drugs.

    They were all fortunate to be adopted, since all had issues. But there are many families that want children that cannot have them....do we need MORE unwanted kids? My sisters' mother was SO irresponsible she couldnt even bother to get abortions.

    Believe me...pregnancy and not giving a ****...continuing to smoke,drink, do drugs....THAT is irresponsible. Not abortion.

    Abortion is absolutely irresponsible.

    It is the stopping of a human beating heart every time.
    The New Democratic Party Slogan :

    " Return to Power By Any Means Necessary "

  3. #243
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Fed judge: Texas abortion limits unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    I have twin sisters who are adopted (at birth). They knew their mother before that crack whore died of AIDS. THey know their brother and sisters and maintain a relationship with them. They are infinitely better off with my family than her...they were born when she was in jail and ALL of her children have physical and mental issues from her being on drugs.

    They were all fortunate to be adopted, since all had issues. But there are many families that want children that cannot have them....do we need MORE unwanted kids? My sisters' mother was SO irresponsible she couldnt even bother to get abortions.

    Believe me...pregnancy and not giving a ****...continuing to smoke,drink, do drugs....THAT is irresponsible. Not abortion.
    Perhaps both are irresponsible.

  4. #244
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Fed judge: Texas abortion limits unconstitutional

    As I see it, the abortion debate/discussion is at it's heart a conflict between the rights of the women and the rights of the child (unborn).

    In my mind, they both have equal rights to live. Thus my problem with both sides of the argument - they're both wrong, yet also right, and somehow manage to be both at the same time.

    Because...even though their rights are equal...sometimes one has to die.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  5. #245
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,838

    Re: Fed judge: Texas abortion limits unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Abortion is absolutely irresponsible.

    It is the stopping of a human beating heart every time.
    That 'human beating heart' may stop thru miscarriage anyway...you have no way of knowing if it would come to term.

    Irresponsibility is having a child that other people need to pay their own $$ to help you support. Abortion is a very responsible choice. It can enable a woman to continue an education, develop a job into a career, better care for children she already has....all things that are responsible and allow her to contribute more to society.

    It is one of a few responsible choices and a woman has the right to choose what's right for her. Not for something that might not ever even be born.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  6. #246
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Fed judge: Texas abortion limits unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    That 'human beating heart' may stop thru miscarriage anyway...you have no way of knowing if it would come to term.

    Irresponsibility is having a child that other people need to pay their own $$ to help you support. Abortion is a very responsible choice. It can enable a woman to continue an education, develop a job into a career, better care for children she already has....all things that are responsible and allow her to contribute more to society.

    It is one of a few responsible choices and a woman has the right to choose what's right for her. Not for something that might not ever even be born.
    See, there the conflict is again.

    Should it have the chance? Or should the women have the chance? Which is more important?

    Really, i suppose, it depends on the women in question. But....how far do you carry that? Til birth? Til some semi-arbitrary stage of fetus development? And what criteria do you place on allowing abortions after that? Whim? Mother's life? Nothing?

    I've said it before (in other threads) - this issue will only be resolved when an option or options exist which give both the developing child and the mother equal freedom and chance at life.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  7. #247
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,838

    Re: Fed judge: Texas abortion limits unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    See, there the conflict is again.

    Should it have the chance? Or should the women have the chance? Which is more important?

    Really, i suppose, it depends on the women in question. But....how far do you carry that? Til birth? Til some semi-arbitrary stage of fetus development? And what criteria do you place on allowing abortions after that? Whim? Mother's life? Nothing?

    I've said it before (in other threads) - this issue will only be resolved when an option or options exist which give both the developing child and the mother equal freedom and chance at life.
    I'm missing the conflict.

    Is it a difficult choice? I'm sure it is...but it's made by the individual in her own best interests...SHE, who is already part of society and surviving, is already the best bet for contributing to that society. Only she knows what is best for her. I mean, if her life is in danger from cancer and she chooses to not have chemo to save her fetus...that is her right too, correct? Or if she and her husband already have 3 kids and cant make ends meet....difficult choice but still right for them. I mean...she may lose her job if she has to take time off for a pregnancy. Or if an infant means she will not be able to finish college and her entire future is impacted....never reaching her potential to contribute to society?

    Strangers and the govt do not know what is best here. Only that woman does.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  8. #248
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Fed judge: Texas abortion limits unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    I'm missing the conflict.

    Is it a difficult choice? I'm sure it is...but it's made by the individual in her own best interests...SHE, who is already part of society and surviving, is already the best bet for contributing to that society. Only she knows what is best for her. I mean, if her life is in danger from cancer and she chooses to not have chemo to save her fetus...that is her right too, correct? Or if she and her husband already have 3 kids and cant make ends meet....difficult choice but still right for them. I mean...she may lose her job if she has to take time off for a pregnancy. Or if an infant means she will not be able to finish college and her entire future is impacted....never reaching her potential to contribute to society?

    Strangers and the govt do not know what is best here. Only that woman does.
    The conflict I see is between the unborn child's rights and the mother's rights.

    We give the mother precedent because she came first, among other reasons...But does that really make eliminating the child right? Not in my mind.

    For me, at least....this issue will never be resolved until and unless both parties have equal opportunity to live
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  9. #249
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Fed judge: Texas abortion limits unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Scrabaholic View Post
    I am adopted and I would never, EVER inflict that on a child. It is not right to force a child to grow up not knowing who s/he is or where s/he came from.
    while it's unfortunate you feel this way, I know many people who are adopted that are very happy with their life

  10. #250
    Relentless Thinking Fury
    ChezC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,127

    Re: Fed judge: Texas abortion limits unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    But not all immoral things are against the law. For example, many types of lying and cheating. It is up to individuals to act or not act, it's called free will and even God granted us that.

    Infringing on a woman's right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness is also against the law unless she is convicted of a crime. Getting pregnant is not a crime. You have no right to tell her what to do with her body. To do so you have to infringe on her right to privacy to do so.

    And you still cannot explain why our society recognizes allowing termination of a fetus to save a mother's life or to protect her from mental anguish in cases of rape or incest...but that would NEVER be the case with an individual that was already born.

    What is the difference there?
    pergury, fraud, this is lying and cheating and is against the law. You have a god given right to do whatever the hell you want or are capable of, the consequences are what concern us.

    Your right getting pregnant is not a crime. I don't have a right to tell her what to do with her body but I do have a right to say that life which resides in her body is just as valuable worth protecting and defending as her life. If you kill in secret you've still killed.

    As I said allowing the termination for protecting the mother's life is acceptable, it is self defense, I never said I agreed to the cause of rape or incest. Society deludes itself to lesser and greater degrees with its rationalization of unacceptable behavior.

    The difference is the hypocrisy of relativism which pervades our society. You go to a clinic snip snip suck suck, you're an empowered woman, I kick you in the tummy, I'm a murder. That's the difference.

Page 25 of 48 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •