Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 478

Thread: Fed judge: Texas abortion limits unconstitutional [W:167:202:330]

  1. #11
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 09:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,907

    Re: Fed judge: Texas abortion limits unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    exactly this is why abortion is legal but limited
    theres TWO lives, not just one.
    Where "actual life" is the issue, rather than simply "quality of life" for one or the other, that may be a valid argument to make.

  2. #12
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 09:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,907

    Re: Fed judge: Texas abortion limits unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    And that argument is what anti-abortionists use to hide behind their real agenda. Truth is, if my wife was raped, and became pregnant as a result of that rape, I would have no problem believing that I am going to heaven, even as she and I step inside the door of that abortion clinic.
    I would understand your decision, however I would rather punish the guilty, save the innocent, and have compassion upon the victim.

  3. #13
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 09:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,907

    Re: Fed judge: Texas abortion limits unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    It's time for the wingnuts who wanted the courts to rule Obamacare unconstitutional to start whining about judicial activism
    At this point with regard to ACA, I'd prefer mass civil disobedience, refusing to fill medical lines on IRS forms. Can we have an AMEN!?

  4. #14
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,787

    Re: Fed judge: Texas abortion limits unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by johndylan1 View Post
    Where "actual life" is the issue, rather than simply "quality of life" for one or the other, that may be a valid argument to make.
    again 100% correct which IS the factual issue and why BOTH lives matter and not just one.
    SOrry theres no changing the fact two lives are in the discussion and there's no way to grant equality one will always be the lesser in any decision made.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #15
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,728

    Re: Fed judge: Texas abortion limits unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by johndylan1 View Post
    I would understand your decision, however I would rather punish the guilty, save the innocent, and have compassion upon the victim.
    Of course, in that case, I would consider my wife to be the innocent one, who should not be forced to carry the baby of a rapist.

    BTW, I know it's an emotional issue, so I would like to say thank you for discussing this intelligently.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  6. #16
    Guru
    Samhain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Northern Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:27 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,883

    Re: Fed judge: Texas abortion limits unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by johndylan1 View Post
    At this point with regard to ACA, I'd prefer mass civil disobedience, refusing to fill medical lines on IRS forms. Can we have an AMEN!?
    You don't even have to bother. Just adjust your witholdings so you owe at the end of the year( keep it below the 3k penalty ), and they cannot fine you. Its good practice anyway; you are giving the government an interest free loan if you get a return.

  7. #17
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: Fed judge: Texas abortion limits unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    With all due respect, I see a lot of people say that it's to protect life, and that there is nothing religious about it, but virtually every protest against an abortion clinic I have ever seen was done by a religious organization. Say what you will, but this issue IS about forcing religion down the throats of others.
    With all due respect, abortion is murder and although legal if you support abortion then you are going to have to take that up with "your" God at sometime in the future. I doubt the "hearing" is going to go well for you.

    I don't like getting into Abortion or religious debates because I know how strongly I believe in God. I am not going to change anyone else's mind so it is a waste of time therefore that is why I state you will have to reconcile your position someday in the future.

  8. #18
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,728

    Re: Fed judge: Texas abortion limits unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    With all due respect, abortion is murder and although legal if you support abortion then you are going to have to take that up with "your" God at sometime in the future. I doubt the "hearing" is going to go well for you.

    I don't like getting into Abortion or religious debates because I know how strongly I believe in God. I am not going to change anyone else's mind so it is a waste of time therefore that is why I state you will have to reconcile your position someday in the future.
    Thank you so much for proving my point.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  9. #19
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,925

    Re: Fed judge: Texas abortion limits unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    With all due respect, abortion is murder and although legal if you support abortion then you are going to have to take that up with "your" God at sometime in the future. I doubt the "hearing" is going to go well for you.

    I don't like getting into Abortion or religious debates because I know how strongly I believe in God. I am not going to change anyone else's mind so it is a waste of time therefore that is why I state you will have to reconcile your position someday in the future.
    i underlined the point where your argument runs into a problem.

    if abortion is legal, how can it be classified as murder?

  10. #20
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: Fed judge: Texas abortion limits unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    i underlined the point where your argument runs into a problem.

    if abortion is legal, how can it be classified as murder?
    My belief and my God tell me that life begins at conception which means the killing of a human fetus and to me and by all definition that is murder. Because the law doesn't say that doesn't mean that it isn't murder. Nobody can claim that it isn't murder to take the life of a human fetus except the Federal Govt.

Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •