Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: CBS: ObamaCare System Threatened From High Medicaid Enrollment In Many States

  1. #1
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,136
    Blog Entries
    20

    CBS: ObamaCare System Threatened From High Medicaid Enrollment In Many States

    Wow... This is the 3rd negative Obamacare story and critisism of the president this week from CBS News. What the hell is going on?

    They, along with ABC, NBC and CNN have done nothing but lead the cheers for Obamacare over the last 3 years, and now all of the sudden they decide to both point out the negative side of the ACA, as well as point out the how the president is misleading the American people in his speeches about the new health care system? I mean it isn't as if this is some big surprize about the ACA, or something the president hasn't been doing since he first took office...


    Last edited by Grim17; 10-27-13 at 01:48 AM.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: CBS: ObamaCare System Threatened From High Medicaid Enrollment In Many States

    Watching ABC, NBC and CNN lately has been like watching Fox News archives from the past three years.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: CBS: ObamaCare System Threatened From High Medicaid Enrollment In Many States

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    Wow... This is the 3rd negative Obamacare story and critisism of the president this week from CBS News. What the hell is going on?

    They, along with ABC, NBC and CNN have done nothing but lead the cheers for Obamacare over the last 3 years, and now all of the sudden they decide to both point out the negative side of the ACA, as well as point out the how the president is misleading the American people in his speeches about the new health care system? I mean it isn't as if this is some big surprize about the ACA, or something the president hasn't been doing since he first took office...
    The msm is getting honest? What a great change that would be! Better informed voters might really turn things around.

  4. #4
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,136
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: CBS: ObamaCare System Threatened From High Medicaid Enrollment In Many States

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    The msm is getting honest? What a great change that would be! Better informed voters might really turn things around.
    Knowing the msm like I do, and seeing the way they have protected this president, I find that very hard to believe.

    I saw an interview with Brent Bozell the other day, and unfortunately, I think he may have nailed it... He said this would be just like the media's coverage of the IRS scandal and it would last only as long as the president allowed it too... Let me explain... The msm didn't report on the IRS scandal untill the president publically acknowledged that wrong doing had occured. Then a week or so later, the president declaired that the matter had been handled, action would be taken and ever since then the media has gone completely silent on the issue. In fact, it's been over 100 days since ABC News, CBS News or NBC News has mentioned the IRS scandal, even though more information has surfaced and more people have come forward.

    Bozell basically believes that the only reason they are reporting on the problems is because the president publicly acknowledged that there were problems, but as soon as he publicly declares that everything is A-OK, whether true or not, the negative stories will come to a screeching hault... I don't know if he's right or not, but what he said certainly makes sense. We'll just have to wait and see.

  5. #5
    Professor
    Baralis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    MO
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,394
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: CBS: ObamaCare System Threatened From High Medicaid Enrollment In Many States

    I believe this is simply the next step to promote their agenda. Now that the ACA has overcome many of the threats of defunding and/or removal and it has begun enrollment making further attempts more difficult it is now time to suddenly "admit" that it was a turd. This will put them in a position to promote UHC as the only solution to the flaws in the ACA.

  6. #6
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:12 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,336

    Re: CBS: ObamaCare System Threatened From High Medicaid Enrollment In Many States

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    Wow... This is the 3rd negative Obamacare story and critisism of the president this week from CBS News. What the hell is going on?

    They, along with ABC, NBC and CNN have done nothing but lead the cheers for Obamacare over the last 3 years, and now all of the sudden they decide to both point out the negative side of the ACA, as well as point out the how the president is misleading the American people in his speeches about the new health care system? I mean it isn't as if this is some big surprize about the ACA, or something the president hasn't been doing since he first took office...


    Incompetence and lies can endanger the best of projects and, as far as I can tell, this one is not even good.

  7. #7
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,909

    Re: CBS: ObamaCare System Threatened From High Medicaid Enrollment In Many States

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    Knowing the msm like I do, and seeing the way they have protected this president, I find that very hard to believe.

    I saw an interview with Brent Bozell the other day, and unfortunately, I think he may have nailed it... He said this would be just like the media's coverage of the IRS scandal and it would last only as long as the president allowed it too... Let me explain... The msm didn't report on the IRS scandal untill the president publically acknowledged that wrong doing had occured. Then a week or so later, the president declaired that the matter had been handled, action would be taken and ever since then the media has gone completely silent on the issue. In fact, it's been over 100 days since ABC News, CBS News or NBC News has mentioned the IRS scandal, even though more information has surfaced and more people have come forward.

    Bozell basically believes that the only reason they are reporting on the problems is because the president publicly acknowledged that there were problems, but as soon as he publicly declares that everything is A-OK, whether true or not, the negative stories will come to a screeching hault... I don't know if he's right or not, but what he said certainly makes sense. We'll just have to wait and see.
    I'm glad that Bozell's org, Media Research Center, tallies the number of articles/stories offered by the MSM. I don't know whether he's right here; as you say, we'll just have to wait and see.

    But I do know that Boomers are retiring every day and that even more are thinking about it.

  8. #8
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,183

    Re: CBS: ObamaCare System Threatened From High Medicaid Enrollment In Many States

    The morons in the Admin assumed that just because the voters put this clown in office, they would blindly follow him in this fallacy.

  9. #9
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,803

    Re: CBS: ObamaCare System Threatened From High Medicaid Enrollment In Many States

    Medicaid has an existing, functioning signup infrastructure and doesn't cost anything to enroll.

    Health insurance costs money, is harder to sign up for, and the deadline isn't until next year.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  10. #10
    Guru
    Samhain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Northern Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:15 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,887

    Re: CBS: ObamaCare System Threatened From High Medicaid Enrollment In Many States

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Medicaid has an existing, functioning signup infrastructure and doesn't cost anything to enroll.

    Health insurance costs money, is harder to sign up for, and the deadline isn't until next year.
    To the individual, sure, but for everyone else, that's another story.

    Federal Medicaid spending was 400 billion in 2011, and that accounts for an avg of 57% of total Medicaid spending. At the Federal level, the increased spending will expand the budget deficit.

    Because the ACA made it easier for someone to qualify for Medicaid, namely those that actually can afford to purchase their own insurance but don't, increasing the enrollments at an alarming rate will cause an immediate crisis in every state as they attempt to make up the shortfall(In Ohio, Medicaid accounts for 40% of all spending)

    States will have to immediately raise tax rates in an attempt to cover the shortfall.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •