Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 367

Thread: Florida Blue cutting 300K policies

  1. #1
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Florida Blue cutting 300K policies

    JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -Letters sent by health insurance company Florida Blue have some people concerned. The insurance company is dropping over 300,000 people from their coverage.

    The insurance company told Channel 4 the coverage is being cut because of the Affordable Care Act.

    Florida Blue cutting 300K policies | News - Home


    And this is just one state....

    Hundreds of thousands of Americans who purchase their own health insurance have received cancellation notices since August because the plans do not meet Obamacare’s requirements.
    The number of cancellation notices greatly exceed the number of Obamacare enrollees.
    Insurance carrier Florida Blue sent out 300,000 cancellation notices, or 80 percent of the entire state’s individual coverage policies, Kaiser Health News reports. California’s Kaiser Permanente canceled 160,000 plans — half of its insurance plans in the state — while Blue Shield of California sent 119,000 notices in mid-September alone.


    Two major insurance carriers in Pennsylvania, Insurance Highmark in Pittsburgh and Independence Blue Cross in Philadelphia plan to cancel 20 percent and 45 percent of their total plans, respectively.
    Nearly 800,000 New Jersey residents’ health-care plans will not longer exist in 2014
    , forcing insurers to create new ones for individuals and small business owners that hew to the Obamacare’s new regulations, The New Jersey Star Ledger found in early October.

    Read more: Health insurance cancellation notices soar above Obamacare enrollment rates | The Daily Caller


    This is a disaster that was predicted, and the cancellations are dwarfing the sign ups....Thanks progressives, you are breaking the system.


    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #2
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,224

    Re: Florida Blue cutting 300K policies

    Yea it was, predicited.

    The lies from this President never stop.

    Obama's own words that he's going to penalize people that already have good healthcrae plans so "they can raise a litttle money".

    Who the hell does he think he is ?

  3. #3
    Professor
    finebead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 09:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,558

    Re: Florida Blue cutting 300K policies

    Let's see, you had a policy that was cheap, well, because it was a cheap policy. If you got really sick, like cancer, you could be kicked off that cheap policy. If they didn't kick you off when you got cancer, then the lifetime max would kick in and you wouldn't have health ins. although you desperately needed it. Clearly, you had a cheap policy that did a reasonable job taking care of normal healthcare needs and it failed to take care of major needs. But, since most people are healthy most of the time, most people were dumb and happy about their situation, until they got really sick and they became very unhappy with their crappy situation after they were dropped and couldn't get health insurance anywhere because of the health insurance company death panels that evaluated their illness and denied them coverage due to their pre-existing condition.

    Clearly that cheap old policy cannot provide the standard of benefits required by Obamacare (which people need whether their short sighted minds realize it now or not), so the policy must be changed to specify new terms that meet the standard, and at a new rate.

    You are guaranteed coverage in the exchange, and that policy will not have a lifetime maximum, and you can't be dropped just because you have or get a serious illness. That's a much better policy.

    How is that a bad thing?
    Last edited by finebead; 10-25-13 at 10:42 AM.

  4. #4
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    11-30-13 @ 07:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,293

    Re: Florida Blue cutting 300K policies

    More people that were lied to by the Dems and Obama, now join the ranks of the uninsured or soon to be uninsured.

    And we have to listen to clowns and their denial about the devastating results of Obamadon'tcare. And it's only just begun.
    "“If we don’t deepen our ports all along the Gulf — places like Charleston, South Carolina; or Savannah, Georgia; or Jacksonville, Florida…” -Obama

  5. #5
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,562

    Re: Florida Blue cutting 300K policies

    Quote Originally Posted by finebead View Post
    Let's see, you had a policy that was cheap, well, because it was a cheap policy. If you got really sick, like cancer, you could be kicked off that cheap policy. If they didn't kick you off when you got cancer, then the lifetime max would kick in and you wouldn't have health ins. although you desperately needed it. Clearly, you had a cheap policy that did a reasonable job taking care of normal healthcare needs and it failed to take care of major needs. But, since most people are healthy most of the time, most people were dumb and happy about their situation, until they got really sick and they became very unhappy with their crappy situation after they were dropped and couldn't get health insurance anywhere because of the health insurance company death panels that evaluated their illness and denied them coverage due to their pre-existing condition.

    Clearly that cheap old policy cannot provide the standard of benefits required by Obamacare (which people need whether their short sighted minds realize it now or not), so the policy must be changed to specify new terms that meet the standard, and at a new rate.

    You are guaranteed coverage in the exchange, and that policy will not have a lifetime maximum, and you can't be dropped just because you have or get a serious illness. That's a much better policy.

    How is that a bad thing?
    Because those cheap policies might not exist any longer for many. Not everyone can just "start paying more for better coverage", so it's likely a large portion of those 300k being dropped are now SOL.

    The thing that will piss me off the most in all of this is the democrats will eventually just blame the free market instead of the ACA itself, then use that as another reason to grab more power.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Florida Blue cutting 300K policies

    Exactly as the "crazy right wingers" predicted would happen.

  7. #7
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:15 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,036

    Re: Florida Blue cutting 300K policies

    I'm convinced it's by design that this entire cluster**** happened. Ultimately, give the middle class no choice but to adopt a single payer government plan and put the insurance industry out of business.

    But those folks in Congress will be exempt and get an aristocratic plan of their own.

  8. #8
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,140

    Re: Florida Blue cutting 300K policies

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    I'm convinced it's by design that this entire cluster**** happened. Ultimately, give the middle class no choice but to adopt a single payer government plan and put the insurance industry out of business.

    But those folks in Congress will be exempt and get an aristocratic plan of their own.
    But I'm sure all the Republicans are above that and will sign up for Obamacare


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  9. #9
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,182

    Re: Florida Blue cutting 300K policies

    It would be interesting to know how many of these "cheap" policies that no longer meet Obamacare standards are lacking because they don't cover things such as contraceptives, morning after pills, and abortions, etc. Obama and the administration "claimed" that insurers would be providing these "free of charge" as a "claim" that these requirements do not/did not impact religious institutions that provided their employees healthcare insurance coverage. Any person with even half a brain, liberals excepted, would understand that no business provides any service free of charge, particularly one that is ongoing and virtually constant for the duration of most female's lives. As a result, it wouldn't surprise me if these insurers are telling their clients in a round about way that they cannot provide them with increased coverage at the rates they were paying previously, and therefore they are cancelling their coverage.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  10. #10
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    11-30-13 @ 07:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,293

    Re: Florida Blue cutting 300K policies

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    It would be interesting to know how many of these "cheap" policies that no longer meet Obamacare standards are lacking because they don't cover things such as contraceptives, morning after pills, and abortions, etc. Obama and the administration "claimed" that insurers would be providing these "free of charge" as a "claim" that these requirements do not/did not impact religious institutions that provided their employees healthcare insurance coverage. Any person with even half a brain, liberals excepted, would understand that no business provides any service free of charge, particularly one that is ongoing and virtually constant for the duration of most female's lives. As a result, it wouldn't surprise me if these insurers are telling their clients in a round about way that they cannot provide them with increased coverage at the rates they were paying previously, and therefore they are cancelling their coverage.
    No government can provide anything for free either.
    "“If we don’t deepen our ports all along the Gulf — places like Charleston, South Carolina; or Savannah, Georgia; or Jacksonville, Florida…” -Obama

Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •