Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 367

Thread: Florida Blue cutting 300K policies

  1. #71
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    11-12-13 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    433

    Re: Florida Blue cutting 300K policies

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    I'm convinced it's by design that this entire cluster**** happened. Ultimately, give the middle class no choice but to adopt a single payer government plan and put the insurance industry out of business.

    But those folks in Congress will be exempt and get an aristocratic plan of their own.
    One would hope you're right. It's only a matter of time before the US comes to the realization that it has to join the rest of the first world with proper insurance coverage for all it's people. A little suffering will likely bring it on sooner. the insurance company death panels will ensure that!

  2. #72
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Florida Blue cutting 300K policies

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Only thing worse are those who don't know their butt from a hole in the ground celebrating the royal screwing we are getting from Obamacare. Don't fret, you'll eventually have a good day, the mental clouds will clear and you'll have your, "Oh...wait..." moment.
    Cutting my premium by more than half? Now thats the kinda of but whipping I can take!

    And it is with the same insurance company.

  3. #73
    Guru
    Samhain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Northern Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:27 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,883

    Re: Florida Blue cutting 300K policies

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    So they are charging you more. Please do tell me how that effects me. It actually amuses me quite a bit, and you could have had univerrsal health care for all, but you wanted to elect the guys who keep the medical insurance people in business charging you to live. You get what you deserve. Maybe next time we can just get the government health plan that we can vote up or down. Obama was going to give us all free health care and your guys insisted the insurance companies get their cut of socialized medicine.
    That is the funniest thing I've read in a long time. You must be joking, right? Please God, tell me you are joking.....

  4. #74
    Guru
    Samhain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Northern Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:27 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,883

    Re: Florida Blue cutting 300K policies

    Quote Originally Posted by donsutherland1 View Post
    Does your employer pay for any portion of your health coverage? The figures the calculator (at least the NY State calculator: http://www.healthbenefitexchange.ny....Estimator.xlsm) provides is based on one's paying the total cost of one's coverage.

    If employers eliminated or reduced the share of coverage they finance, then out-of-pocket costs for insured persons could rise, even if the total net price (price after subsidy) of the given policy fell. It should be noted that the subsidy rapidly falls as one moves through the middle income range. How employers respond will be an important factor in determining the ACA's impact on overall coverage, individual costs to policyholders, etc.

    For me--and maybe I'm too cautious to speculate--it's too soon to assess the full impact, for example, its impact on middle income earners whose employers currently fund most of their health coverage costs. In other words, even as the ACA should increase coverage for low-income persons courtesy of large subsidies (an appreciable share of whom don't have coverage), one does not know if this will lead to a significant trade-off in terms of out-of-pocket costs and/or reductions in coverage when it comes to middle- or even higher-income earner. The CBO expects about a 4% reduction in employer-based coverage than would otherwise have been the case within 10 years. Estimating the potential effects of the ACA is highly complex, so there is probably a larger degree of uncertainty than for most policy-related changes.
    Yes, they pick up a portion (hidden from me) of the cost, which HR has stated is a "low" %. Absolutely the premium cost would go up on employer based policies if the employer stopped paying a portion, or if that benefit was taxed as income. If it was taxed as income, it would be interesting to see if that would then be subject to payroll taxes as well.

  5. #75
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    11-12-13 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    433

    Re: Florida Blue cutting 300K policies

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    So they are charging you more. Please do tell me how that effects me. It actually amuses me quite a bit, and you could have had univerrsal health care for all, but you wanted to elect the guys who keep the medical insurance people in business charging you to live. You get what you deserve. Maybe next time we can just get the government health plan that we can vote up or down. Obama was going to give us all free health care and your guys insisted the insurance companies get their cut of socialized medicine.
    the plain truth coming from an American? You nailed it but it's going to take a long time and it's going to hurt a lot of people first. That is the teabagger agenda. Negativism, tearing down everything they see, and racist hate. You need to hope the GOP house cleaning is soon enough to save what's left of your country.

  6. #76
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Florida Blue cutting 300K policies

    Quote Originally Posted by finebead View Post
    We'll disagree on the definition of extremely expensive until more data is available. Maybe you can cite some specifics. But it is extremely more valuable to have a policy that can't be cancelled if you get cancer and need a lot of care, right?

    I don't think we can say Obamacare is a disaster yet, unless you are a political operative talking your side.

    All the people who were rejected by the health ins. company death panels due to their pre-existing conditions seem very happy, and they have signed up. That is success, not disaster.
    Yeah? can you show us the numbers of people by state that have actually signed up for insurance through Obamacare?

    You can't, and do you know why you can't?

    Since the bungled launch of Obamacare’s insurance exchanges, the White House has been touting overwhelming interest — going so far as to blame high demand for many of the federal site’s technical malfunctions. But browsers only matter if they translate into buyers, or, in the case of Medicaid, enrollees. And the White House hasn’t said how many of those there are.

    Read more: Many Obamacare Shoppers Aren’t Actually Buying | TIME.com
    So maybe you should put aside the talking points, and start looking at what a disaster this actually is?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #77
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    11-30-13 @ 07:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,293

    Re: Florida Blue cutting 300K policies

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    It is very likely that most of the denials of coverage in a given year are by Medicare who denies the lions share of healthcare claims every year. Medicare denies more coverage than all major insurers combined, and at a higher percentage rate. In fact, of all denials studied, Medicare accounted for a whopping 74% of all coverage denials.

    ... but don't touch Medicare!

    Your liberal source relies on anecdotes and leaves it to you to fill in the blanks as if this is a rampant problem, and people who read Media Matters have a lot of blanks...

    So no, your biased source is biased. They refused to tell you that the source of most coverage denials is Medicare, not private sector, and they fool you with the anecdotes that mask the real truth of it.
    Yes sirree bob, lets get the government more involved in health care. That way their death panels (IPAB and Sec of health and Human Services) can deny more health care than ever before. The good news and most important thing, everybody will have heath insurance and have to toe every line the government draws because of it. On the other hand, the government won't have to deny some claims as those people they have insured won't be able to find a doctor that takes what the government feels like paying them.

    Two excellent posts by you today. Run with it. Facts makes liberals cringe or try and come up with big whoopers to distract from the truth.
    "“If we don’t deepen our ports all along the Gulf — places like Charleston, South Carolina; or Savannah, Georgia; or Jacksonville, Florida…” -Obama

  8. #78
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,186

    Re: Florida Blue cutting 300K policies

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    no, the state level health care for the poor is medicaid. that would be eliminated, and everyone would be absorbed into Medicare. sure, people would fight it in court and lose just like they did with the PPACA. i'm not a supporter of the PPACA because it doesn't directly solve the cost and inefficiencies. indirectly it will, because it probably isn't going to work, it will piss people off, and then we'll replace it with single payer.
    I guess I'm confused because you did originally say everyone should have been just folded into Medicare and I was pretty sure that the States who opposed Obamacare partly did so because the federal government was passing a law that in effect increased the State's costs related to Medicare. It's also, from what I understood, why a large number of States refused to create exchanges under Obamacare because the exchanges and coverage for those below certain income threshholds were being covered under Medicare and since Medicare is a joint federal/states program, the state's costs would rise.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  9. #79
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Florida Blue cutting 300K policies

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    That may or may not be the case. Due to subsidies and restrictions on how much they have to have paid out for medical costs or else they are legally forced to give you a refund it may be less. Why don't you look for yourself instead of bitchin about something you have not even tried. God, why do I feel like a parent trying to get some overly picky kids to eat some food they have never tried before but I know they would probably like if they had it?
    No, you are wrong here as well...

    "Individuals in most states will end up spending more on the exchanges. It is true that in some states, the experience could be the opposite. This is because those states had already over-regulated insurance markets that led to sharply higher premiums through adverse selection, as is the case of New York. Many states, however, double or nearly triple premiums for young adults. Arizona, Arkansas, Georgia, Kansas, and Vermont see some of the largest increases in premiums.[5]"

    Enrollment in Obamacare Exchanges: How Will Your Health Insurance Fare?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #80
    Guru
    Samhain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Northern Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:27 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,883

    Re: Florida Blue cutting 300K policies

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    I guess I'm confused because you did originally say everyone should have been just folded into Medicare and I was pretty sure that the States who opposed Obamacare partly did so because the federal government was passing a law that in effect increased the State's costs related to Medicare. It's also, from what I understood, why a large number of States refused to create exchanges under Obamacare because the exchanges and coverage for those below certain income threshholds were being covered under Medicare and since Medicare is a joint federal/states program, the state's costs would rise.
    Replace Medicare with Medicaid, and I think you are correct.

Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •