Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2634353637 LastLast
Results 351 to 360 of 367

Thread: Florida Blue cutting 300K policies

  1. #351
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Florida Blue cutting 300K policies

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Yeah? So tell me how you get around Roberts changing the law, to make his ruling work? Oh, and btw, attacking the messenger instead of making a logical, intellectual argument for your case is a fallacy, and immediate loss of your point in debate. But you know that.
    That's someone's spouting that say he changed the law. It is not accepted "FACT" that the law was changed.

    And j, a messenger that has a history of being wrong should not be listened to. There's a reason we didn't listen to the boy who cried wolf. Too many times there was no wolf. You can't pull out any idiot and say don't attack the messenger. They are not created equal. Accuracy matters. We can find someone to say anything, but what's important is that someone says something that is actually true.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #352
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Florida Blue cutting 300K policies

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    That's someone's spouting that say he changed the law. It is not accepted "FACT" that the law was changed.

    And j, a messenger that has a history of being wrong should not be listened to. There's a reason we didn't listen to the boy who cried wolf. Too many times there was no wolf. You can't pull out any idiot and say don't attack the messenger. They are not created equal. Accuracy matters. We can find someone to say anything, but what's important is that someone says something that is actually true.

    I am not playing this game with you, it's boring...."Accuracy" to you is only that in which you agree with, so have fun with that.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #353
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Florida Blue cutting 300K policies

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I am not playing this game with you, it's boring...."Accuracy" to you is only that in which you agree with, so have fun with that.
    No, it isn't. Many people link very good sources. But the American Spectator is no better than Moveon.org. At least use the WSJ, as they have some standards.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #354
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Florida Blue cutting 300K policies

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, it isn't. Many people link very good sources. But the American Spectator is no better than Moveon.org. At least use the WSJ, as they have some standards.

    You've got a lot of nerve....

    "The American Spectator is a conservative U.S. monthly magazine covering news and politics, edited by R. Emmett Tyrrell Jr. and published by the non-profit American Spectator Foundation. From its founding in 1967 until the late 1980s, the small-circulation magazine featured the writings of authors such as Thomas Sowell, Tom Wolfe, P.J. O'Rourke, George F. Will, Malcolm Gladwell, Patrick J. Buchanan, and Malcolm Muggeridge, although today the magazine is best known for its reports in the 1990s on Bill Clinton and its "Arkansas Project", funded by businessman Richard Mellon Scaife and the Bradley Foundation.[1]"

    The American Spectator - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Though it is a conservative based magazine so I can see why you think you have to attack it....Just not enough room in the Boo world for opinion other than the ones Boo agrees with.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #355
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Florida Blue cutting 300K policies

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    You've got a lot of nerve....

    "The American Spectator is a conservative U.S. monthly magazine covering news and politics, edited by R. Emmett Tyrrell Jr. and published by the non-profit American Spectator Foundation. From its founding in 1967 until the late 1980s, the small-circulation magazine featured the writings of authors such as Thomas Sowell, Tom Wolfe, P.J. O'Rourke, George F. Will, Malcolm Gladwell, Patrick J. Buchanan, and Malcolm Muggeridge, although today the magazine is best known for its reports in the 1990s on Bill Clinton and its "Arkansas Project", funded by businessman Richard Mellon Scaife and the Bradley Foundation.[1]"

    The American Spectator - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Though it is a conservative based magazine so I can see why you think you have to attack it....Just not enough room in the Boo world for opinion other than the ones Boo agrees with.
    No. Accuracy. That's the issue.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #356
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Florida Blue cutting 300K policies

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No. Accuracy. That's the issue.
    And who determines the "accuracy" of an opinion? See, you don't think it is accurate, I do.

    I guess my answer to your charge of it not being accurate is, That's your opinion.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #357
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Florida Blue cutting 300K policies

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    And who determines the "accuracy" of an opinion? See, you don't think it is accurate, I do.

    I guess my answer to your charge of it not being accurate is, That's your opinion.
    Facts are not debatable. When your source, or moveon, are lose with the facts, they are considered inaccurate. You're entitled to an opinion, but not separate facts.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #358
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Florida Blue cutting 300K policies

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Facts are not debatable. When your source, or moveon, are lose with the facts, they are considered inaccurate. You're entitled to an opinion, but not separate facts.
    Ok, what "facts" does the article have wrong?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #359
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Florida Blue cutting 300K policies

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Ok, what "facts" does the article have wrong?
    Well, while I love the truncoat John Roberts hyperbole, it is not fact that he rewrote anything. Presenting it as a fact, as the article does, is factually challenged. It is really nothing more than a rant. Not fact based.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #360
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Florida Blue cutting 300K policies

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Well, while I love the truncoat John Roberts hyperbole, it is not fact that he rewrote anything. Presenting it as a fact, as the article does, is factually challenged. It is really nothing more than a rant. Not fact based.
    Oh for Christ sake! You do understand turning a phrase don't you?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2634353637 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •