Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 367

Thread: Florida Blue cutting 300K policies

  1. #321
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    11-30-13 @ 07:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,293

    Re: Florida Blue cutting 300K policies

    Quote Originally Posted by finebead View Post
    Regarding your study analysis:



    There is disagreement over the results of the study. However, this one study was posted in response to my post about the Harvard study that found 45,000 die prematurely each year due to lack of health insurance, which has not been refuted, and was not limited to Medicaid only. The Harvard study agrees with nearly 100 other studies, and ALL OF THEM CONCLUDED THAT HAVING HEALTH INSURANCE IMPROVES YOUR OPPORTUNITY TO STAY ALIVE LONGER. This one study and the disagreement over its result, does not trump my 100 studies. Health insurance is good for people.

    The findings and conclusions expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views of the funders.
    I'd say you were kidding around when you posted that but you probably are not. LOL.

    "does not trump my 100 studies". You did 100 studies? On what? Or do you mean you saw 100 studies that you did not cite in this thread that can back up half of your statements and prove the other half wrong?
    "“If we don’t deepen our ports all along the Gulf — places like Charleston, South Carolina; or Savannah, Georgia; or Jacksonville, Florida…” -Obama

  2. #322
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    11-30-13 @ 07:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,293

    Re: Florida Blue cutting 300K policies

    Quote Originally Posted by finebead View Post
    I am on the record and you won't attempt to demonstrate your point. I am fine with the readers of this thread drawing their own conclusion about your imprecision and distortion of my statements.
    The words you typed out demonstrated your distorted statements. I'm fine with that, I'm sure others are too.
    "“If we don’t deepen our ports all along the Gulf — places like Charleston, South Carolina; or Savannah, Georgia; or Jacksonville, Florida…” -Obama

  3. #323
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Florida Blue cutting 300K policies

    Quote Originally Posted by finebead View Post
    Here is Article 1, section 8 and the power seems broad and that it includes the power to make laws to provide for the general welfare of the nation. I'll skip those that are not pertinent.



    So, congress has the power to make all laws necessary and proper to carry into execution the provision for the general welfare of the country. That's what they did and the Supreme Court found no problem with it.
    So did Obama sell health insurance reform to the people as a tax? No.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #324
    Professor
    finebead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 09:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,558

    Re: Florida Blue cutting 300K policies

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    So did Obama sell health insurance reform to the people as a tax? No.
    I don't recall Obama stating how it would be paid for, just that it would be paid for and not add to the deficit. And the supreme court ruled it constitutional, including Chief Justice Roberts, a Bush appointee.

  5. #325
    Sage
    Born Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sonny and Nice
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:53 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,396

    Re: Florida Blue cutting 300K policies

    Quote Originally Posted by finebead View Post
    Oh, we get it. While having a car is a choice, if you choose to get a car, the govt. says you must carry liability insurance.
    IF is the key word, to have a car is a choice. Period.

    Having a life, or being alive, is NOT a choice, except in the extreme case of suicide in which case you will not need health ins. very much longer. So, it would make sense that since living is not a choice, you should not have a choice of whether to carry health ins. or not.
    Should a person have the right to abort their baby? But now you say you have to have health insurance. What BS.

    In both cases, the imperative is exactly the same. You are required to carry ins. because there are some people who will get in a car wreck and cause damage they could never pay fo
    You just don't get it. How many people don't even have an ID let alone a car. There is now law that requires you to buy a care. Period.

    In the case of health ins. some of them will get very sick or in a serious accident and incur expenses they never could pay for
    There are a lot of people that are self insured, and now you want people to buy insurance. Well what about the people that can't afford it. Oh that's right they get a subsidy and who pays for that. Yep the tax payer. Either way the tax payer picks up the tab.

    the govt. has determined that in both cases, you should provide a way to pay for the expenses you incur but cannot pay for. The concept is EXACTLY THE SAME.
    The concept is not the same I don't have car.

    95% will keep their health ins. The other 5% should get a better deal.
    You have been listening to Obama's lies, you can keep your own insurance, PERIOD. You can keep your Dr. PERIOD, you will save $2,500 per yr on your insurance cost. PERIOD. All lies.
    Liberals - Punish the Successful, Reward the Unsuccessful
    Liberals - Tax, Borrow, Spend, and Give Free Stuff
    Obama's legacy - President Donald Trump

  6. #326
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,720

    Re: Florida Blue cutting 300K policies

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    And this is just one state....

    [/SIZE]

    This is a disaster that was predicted, and the cancellations are dwarfing the sign ups....Thanks progressives, you are breaking the system.


    The policies that are being cancelled were junk policies to begin with, that would pay no more than a few hundred bucks worth of expenses. Consumer Reports picks apart and completely debunks the claim. Nothing like paying money each month for what can essentially be considered no insurance at all. LOL.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  7. #327
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,054

    Re: Florida Blue cutting 300K policies

    Quote Originally Posted by vasuderatorrent View Post
    Yes, they do kick people off their insurance policy when they get very sick and start costing the insurance company too much. Why wouldn't they?

    Why are you having such a hard time understanding that $4,200 in dues over 1,190 years only yields $4,998,000. 1,190 years is too long to wait for a return on investment. Most people don't pay premiums for 1,190 years. How could an insurance continue to exist if they made completely mathematically absurd decisions?

    I can't comprehend this kind of thinking.

    Businesses should go broke because it's nice. Businesses shouldn't make a profit because it is mean.


    Do people really believe this stupidity? Surely not.

    vasuderatorrent
    Thank you for your argument in FAVOR of healthcare reform. When insurance companies are not in position to provide for health security because its not profitable (given that you do not seem to understand risk pooling), its time for government to step in and shore up the system: a/k/a ACA.

  8. #328
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    (none)
    Last Seen
    04-04-15 @ 09:11 PM
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    6,112
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Florida Blue cutting 300K policies

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    Thank you for your argument in FAVOR of healthcare reform. When insurance companies are not in position to provide for health security because its not profitable (given that you do not seem to understand risk pooling), its time for government to step in and shore up the system: a/k/a ACA.
    Pay with cash.

  9. #329
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Florida Blue cutting 300K policies

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    The policies that are being cancelled were junk policies to begin with, that would pay no more than a few hundred bucks worth of expenses. Consumer Reports picks apart and completely debunks the claim. Nothing like paying money each month for what can essentially be considered no insurance at all. LOL.
    I don't really care what you, or demo's, or the President thinks is a "junk policy" or doesn't, it isn't up to you to decide what I buy. This is the "nanny" approach to justifying this, and a rather arrogant characteristic of liberal progressives, to tell others what's best for them...
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #330
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Florida Blue cutting 300K policies

    Quote Originally Posted by finebead View Post
    I don't recall Obama stating how it would be paid for, just that it would be paid for and not add to the deficit. And the supreme court ruled it constitutional, including Chief Justice Roberts, a Bush appointee.
    The over arching argument in '09 for Obama and demo's was that people would overwhelmingly embrace this and flock to sign up. That it would offer so much good, and save people some $2500. per year average, (also a lie) and when asked what of people that still refuse to sign up, he called the tax a penalty. In fact he had interviews with ABC, and NBC arguing that the 'penalty' was NOT a tax, because he was getting hit with the charge that he was with that raising taxes on the poor, and middle class. In fact, he, Pelosi, Reid, and the rest of that that had to 'read the bill, to find our what is in the bill', all vehemently argued, and often demonized anyone that claimed it was a tax, accusing people of lying, making things up, even pulling the now overused race card of course.

    But, funny thing happened while in the SCOTUS. They argued that it WAS a tax, to defeat the law suit, and under that narrow definition, the court agreed. What was stunning to me anyway, was that almost moments after the ruling, demo's on the news once again began confusing the American people claim not only that it wasn't a tax, but even being as bold as to say that they never argued it was....

    Bottom line, they have been lying about this since its conception, and continue to lie.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •