Page 20 of 37 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 367

Thread: Florida Blue cutting 300K policies

  1. #191
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    (none)
    Last Seen
    04-04-15 @ 09:11 PM
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    6,112
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Florida Blue cutting 300K policies

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Go get another job.
    That's a great idea. I want a job that pays $100,000 per year. I'll just go get one. It sounds easy.

    vasuderatorrent

  2. #192
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Florida Blue cutting 300K policies

    Quote Originally Posted by vasuderatorrent View Post
    I thought they wanted good paying jobs. Their grandparents, parents, the government and the university promised they would get good paying jobs once they graduated. Unmet expectations is the only cause of frustration.

    This lie is fun to believe. We have to keep younger kids from believing that they will get good paying jobs once they graduate college. I don't know how we get them to quit believing this lie. How? We can't stop the liars. We have to stop people from being converted to the number two religion in America.

    #1 Religion in America = Health Insurance Worship
    #2 Religion in America = College Education Worship
    #3 Religion in America = Christianity

    vasuderatorrent
    Barrack Obama saying that they are dependent children until the age of 26 probably describes the generational differences as much as anything. It seems many want to turn the entire country into a national day care center, and politicians will naturally promise it to them.

  3. #193
    Professor
    finebead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,558

    Re: Florida Blue cutting 300K policies

    Quote Originally Posted by vasuderatorrent View Post
    Business exist to make money. There are no morals involved in the process. All insurance companies in the United States could shut down tomorrow. That would be a morally superior option. You seem to have insurance companies mixed up with charities. Oh my gosh. Oh my gosh. Oh my gosh. I knew people believed this crap but I never saw it with such sincerity. Very weird.

    vasuderatorrent
    A national health policy that allows 45,000 people per year to die because the insurance company death panels deny them coverage is immoral. The problem with it is thinking that private health insurance companies can properly balance their profit desire with good public health policy and obviously they can't. Good public health policy would require that the 45,000 people who die each year because of not being granted a health ins. policy, in fact be granted a good health ins. policy. The end conclusion is that we don't need private health insurance companies putting their profit motive before peoples lives. There are institutions that work best without a profit motive. The goal of the military is not profit, it is victory (if it is profit, then the Iraq war was a total failure). The goal of a good national health care policy should be to save as many people as the society can save within the resources we have to dedicate to that goal. When you look at single payer systems like Canada, they don't even have health insurance companies (and Canada devotes 11% of GDP to healthcare vs. 17% of US GDP and they take care of EVERYONE). That right there tells you what you need to know, in reality we don't need them at all, so their profit motive is unimportant if they are unnecessary. But they are in the current healthcare system, they employ a lot of lobbyist, and they were left in the system to minimize the degree of change at this time.
    Last edited by finebead; 10-26-13 at 07:26 PM.

  4. #194
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    (none)
    Last Seen
    04-04-15 @ 09:11 PM
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    6,112
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Florida Blue cutting 300K policies

    Quote Originally Posted by finebead View Post
    A national health policy that allows 45,000 people per year to die because the insurance company death panels deny them coverage is immoral.
    Tell them to shut down their insurance company to avoid being so immoral. Wait, you already did.

    vasuderatorrent

  5. #195
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,215

    Re: Florida Blue cutting 300K policies

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Prove you am up nonsense?

    Read the original post I replied to. It says it all.
    I knew you couldn't, but that's ok, you people never can.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #196
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,215

    Re: Florida Blue cutting 300K policies

    Quote Originally Posted by vasuderatorrent View Post
    That's a great idea. I want a job that pays $100,000 per year. I'll just go get one. It sounds easy.

    vasuderatorrent
    Of course it's not easy! Who ever said it's supposed to be easy?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #197
    Sage
    reinoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,027
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Florida Blue cutting 300K policies

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Of course it's not easy! Who ever said it's supposed to be easy?
    Your flippant response of "get another job" makes it seem like you believe great jobs are just out there and easy to achieve, yet you say it's not easy. You realize many, in fact most Americans will work very hard and never achieve the American dream. You talk like it's easy and then acknowledge it's not. Perhaps you should make up your mind.

  8. #198
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Florida Blue cutting 300K policies

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I knew you couldn't, but that's ok, you people never can.
    It's too easy. I could point to myself, you're already proven wrong. Your logic is so flawed that it's just too damn easy.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #199
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: Florida Blue cutting 300K policies

    Quote Originally Posted by vasuderatorrent View Post
    I thought they wanted good paying jobs. Their grandparents, parents, the government and the university promised they would get good paying jobs once they graduated. Unmet expectations is the only cause of frustration.

    This lie is fun to believe. We have to keep younger kids from believing that they will get good paying jobs once they graduate college. I don't know how we get them to quit believing this lie. How? We can't stop the liars. We have to stop people from being converted to the number two religion in America.

    #1 Religion in America = Health Insurance Worship
    #2 Religion in America = College Education Worship
    #3 Religion in America = Christianity

    vasuderatorrent
    One way is to make them pay as they go to school instead of borrowing all that damn money. They learn responsibility as they go.

  10. #200
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Florida Blue cutting 300K policies

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    One way is to make them pay as they go to school instead of borrowing all that damn money. They learn responsibility as they go.
    I don't disagree, but remember it will likely lead to fewer going.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 20 of 37 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •