Page 16 of 37 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 367

Thread: Florida Blue cutting 300K policies

  1. #151
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,674

    Re: Florida Blue cutting 300K policies

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    Do you trust Gov. Scott of Florida..
    Why do you suppose Republican governors of Ohio and Wisconsin have signed their states up for the Medicaid extension??
    I liked Kasich referring to the Pearly Gates and what did he do for poor folks with no insurance .
    if i lived in those states i would be concerned about those states. None of this is relevant to the fact that the government is canceling peoples insurance because they know better.

  2. #152
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,674

    Re: Florida Blue cutting 300K policies

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Like the drugs the insurance policy should be the same. Both are supposed to do.
    I suppose if you need parents as na adult to make your decisions for you then I can see why you full on embrace this.

  3. #153
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Florida Blue cutting 300K policies

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    I suppose if you need parents as na adult to make your decisions for you then I can see why you full on embrace this.
    Yeah embracing drugs or insurance to do as they should do is so childish

  4. #154
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,674

    Re: Florida Blue cutting 300K policies

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Yeah embracing drugs or insurance to do as they should do is so childish
    yes...clamoring for a government to tell you what you have to do is rather childlike. Interesting that 80%of the country were previously responsible enough to take care of their needs, but under this admin, that will all change.

  5. #155
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,782

    Re: Florida Blue cutting 300K policies

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    if i lived in those states i would be concerned about those states. None of this is relevant to the fact that the government is canceling peoples insurance because they know better.
    I just don't know enough of what these states are doing to help or prevent ACA..As well, I don't know whether Insurance companies are part of this dumping of people..I'd like to know why this happened when you have a chance..I'm impressed with what Kentucky is doing also .
    Physics is Phun

  6. #156
    Sage
    reinoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,090
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Florida Blue cutting 300K policies

    There are also stories of insurance companies denying service under the claim that a non pre-existing condition as a pre-existing condition. Or of course just flat out denying service that they are supposed to cover for the sake of denial. The PPACA isn't going to address all the problems but there are a slew of things people are already benefiting from without their knowledge already.

  7. #157
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    11-30-13 @ 07:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,293

    Re: Florida Blue cutting 300K policies

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    They have lost nothing. They must simply pick a different plan that meets minimum coverage standards. People change plans all the time. A lot of those that get sick will be very grateful they changed too.
    They haven't lost anything yet (maybe job or hours=money). But when they are forced to pay higher premiums and higher deductibles they will lose money. So when the lights get cut off or something like that, does any serious person think they will be happy?
    "“If we don’t deepen our ports all along the Gulf — places like Charleston, South Carolina; or Savannah, Georgia; or Jacksonville, Florida…” -Obama

  8. #158
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    06-05-17 @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,968

    Re: Florida Blue cutting 300K policies

    Those policies didn't conform to the new law because they were garbage. Now these people can get subsidies or whatever. Don't bother trying to make it seem like they are hopelessly without any means of obtaining health care.

  9. #159
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,567

    Re: Florida Blue cutting 300K policies

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    What if those cancelled find that they can get better coverage at cheaper prices on the exchange? That they now qualify for subsidies too? What will you say then?
    I'd say the same thing I said before: "Some people will find their policies cheaper, and some will find it more expensive, that's the way redistribution works."

    If you'd like to **** the middle class to help the poor, then that's your own sad outlook on life.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  10. #160
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    11-30-13 @ 07:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,293

    Re: Florida Blue cutting 300K policies

    Quote Originally Posted by chromium View Post
    Those policies didn't conform to the new law because they were garbage. Now these people can get subsidies or whatever. Don't bother trying to make it seem like they are hopelessly without any means of obtaining health care.
    I would say one mans trash is another mans treasure but that doesn't apply here. People bought what they could afford and what they needed, that's anything but garbage. I wouldn't ,"Don't bother trying to make it seem like they are hopelessly without any means of obtaining health care." because that's not been the case for anyone in America, at least in the last 30 years or so.

    Subsidies? Get real. Most people will still have a higher expense each month and with the higher deductibles for when they do get treatment something in their budget is going to take a big hit. Or does Obamadon'tcare change the rules of math now?
    "“If we don’t deepen our ports all along the Gulf — places like Charleston, South Carolina; or Savannah, Georgia; or Jacksonville, Florida…” -Obama

Page 16 of 37 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •