Page 14 of 37 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 367

Thread: Florida Blue cutting 300K policies

  1. #131
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: Florida Blue cutting 300K policies

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    They have lost nothing. They must simply pick a different plan that meets minimum coverage standards. People change plans all the time. A lot of those that get sick will be very grateful they changed too.
    What happened to the promise "If you like your insurance, you will be able to keep your insurance"? There are so many posting with no knowledge of the options, I find the number of experts amazingly high...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  2. #132
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,186

    Re: Florida Blue cutting 300K policies

    Quote Originally Posted by polgara View Post
    The mental health coverage might be a good idea, CJ, considering what's going on in DC. Not for them, but for us! Anything that helps explain the idiocy we see on a daily basis might be worthwhile!

    Good evening, CJ.
    Good evening Lady P - I wish you a mentally and physically healthy evening and long lifetime too. Like avoiding trips to Africa without the proper vaccinations, be sure any trip you're planning to DC is equally well prepared.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  3. #133
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,343

    Re: Florida Blue cutting 300K policies

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    What happened to the promise "If you like your insurance, you will be able to keep your insurance"? There are so many posting with no knowledge of the options, I find the number of experts amazingly high...
    I don't know whether or not this is true, because I haven't personally checked, but I read today that the Gold, Silver, Platinum, and Bronze plans are all identical...only the deductibles differ. Do you know if that is correct?

    Good evening, AP.

  4. #134
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: Florida Blue cutting 300K policies

    Quote Originally Posted by polgara View Post
    I don't know whether or not this is true, because I haven't personally checked, but I read today that the Gold, Silver, Platinum, and Bronze plans are all identical...only the deductibles differ. Do you know if that is correct?

    Good evening, AP.
    Good evening pg. From what I understand, not only the deductibles are different, but the co-pays as well...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  5. #135
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,343

    Re: Florida Blue cutting 300K policies

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    Good evening Lady P - I wish you a mentally and physically healthy evening and long lifetime too. Like avoiding trips to Africa without the proper vaccinations, be sure any trip you're planning to DC is equally well prepared.
    There's not enough money in the world.....!

  6. #136
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,078

    Re: Florida Blue cutting 300K policies

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    Less money, less research. You folks seem to think you can slash huge chunks of cash out of an industry that is mainly R&D and not affect R&D.
    we have no choice but to reduce costs. it's simply unsustainable.

    as for R&D, i've worked in that field, (product development,) and i currently work in fundamental research. they aren't going to stop innovating. we need to cut their costs, as well, as i outlined in an earlier post.

  7. #137
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,660

    Re: Florida Blue cutting 300K policies

    This will impact millions. the "you can keep your insurance" rhetoric was a lie. What they didnt tell you was "you can keep your insurance provided it is what WE tell you you have to have. If not, we will cancel your insurance and you will be forced to purchase our insurance exchanges under threat of penalty from the IRS."

    Many people had those policies for decades. They had them, were comfortable with them, they did what they wanted them to do. But...government knows better. Now shut up and get in line and do as you are told.

  8. #138
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,358

    Re: Florida Blue cutting 300K policies

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    Less money, less research. You folks seem to think you can slash huge chunks of cash out of an industry that is mainly R&D and not affect R&D.
    LOL Big Pharma spend more on ads than research. Maybe they should cut down on the Viagra spots.

  9. #139
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    11-30-13 @ 07:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,293

    Re: Florida Blue cutting 300K policies

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    Less money, less research. You folks seem to think you can slash huge chunks of cash out of an industry that is mainly R&D and not affect R&D.
    Many (if not most) think the feds do most of the research. I know, it's silly.
    "“If we don’t deepen our ports all along the Gulf — places like Charleston, South Carolina; or Savannah, Georgia; or Jacksonville, Florida…” -Obama

  10. #140
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Florida Blue cutting 300K policies

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    And this is just one state....

    [/SIZE]

    This is a disaster that was predicted, and the cancellations are dwarfing the sign ups....Thanks progressives, you are breaking the system.


    I fear this is just the tip of the iceberg my friend.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

Page 14 of 37 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •