Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 367

Thread: Florida Blue cutting 300K policies

  1. #111
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,341

    Re: Florida Blue cutting 300K policies

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    It would be interesting to know how many of these "cheap" policies that no longer meet Obamacare standards are lacking because they don't cover things such as contraceptives, morning after pills, and abortions, etc. Obama and the administration "claimed" that insurers would be providing these "free of charge" as a "claim" that these requirements do not/did not impact religious institutions that provided their employees healthcare insurance coverage. Any person with even half a brain, liberals excepted, would understand that no business provides any service free of charge, particularly one that is ongoing and virtually constant for the duration of most female's lives. As a result, it wouldn't surprise me if these insurers are telling their clients in a round about way that they cannot provide them with increased coverage at the rates they were paying previously, and therefore they are cancelling their coverage.
    Abortions are not covered by the AHC act. Are you that thick? As far as contraception being covered, pregnancy is covered too. Which do you think cost the ins. company more, pills or pregnancy and delivery? Supplying contraception cost less than not covering it.

  2. #112
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,341

    Re: Florida Blue cutting 300K policies

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    Because those cheap policies might not exist any longer for many. Not everyone can just "start paying more for better coverage", so it's likely a large portion of those 300k being dropped are now SOL.

    The thing that will piss me off the most in all of this is the democrats will eventually just blame the free market instead of the ACA itself, then use that as another reason to grab more power.
    What if those cancelled find that they can get better coverage at cheaper prices on the exchange? That they now qualify for subsidies too? What will you say then?

  3. #113
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: Florida Blue cutting 300K policies

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    What if those cancelled find that they can get better coverage at cheaper prices on the exchange? That they now qualify for subsidies too? What will you say then?
    When the question begins with "What if...", the argument is an exercise in mental masturbation...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  4. #114
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    11-30-13 @ 07:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,293

    Re: Florida Blue cutting 300K policies

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    Yeah, like Cruz, who gets his health insurance from Goldman Sachs.

    Ted Cruz gets his health care plan from Goldman Sachs | MSNBC

    Since single payer has some of the best health outcomes in the world, certainly better than our for-profit system, I'll take single payer any day -- especially to stop paying my provider inflated rates that rise about 15% a year for inferior and unintelligible coverage.
    LOL. You liberals can't make your mind up.. First off one of the elected idiots from Illinois, Durbin, tried to corner and embarrass Sen Cruz because he had government health insurance. As usual Durbin ended up looking just like the idiot that he is because Cruz doesn't use the government insurance. Now your kind wants to hold it against Cruz because he has his own insurance. Flip flop is an understatement. Nothing more than a lame, very lame personal attack against Sen Cruz as usual.

    Carry on with the comedy show though, it's funny.
    "“If we don’t deepen our ports all along the Gulf — places like Charleston, South Carolina; or Savannah, Georgia; or Jacksonville, Florida…” -Obama

  5. #115
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Florida Blue cutting 300K policies

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Too simplistic...Are all countries the same?
    No. But we can look at per capita and make some reasonable assumptions. It's logical if next to all pay less than us, we too would likely pay less. And we can design it to do so as well, once we quit with the demonizing and mindless ideas that accompany these debates.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #116
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,175

    Re: Florida Blue cutting 300K policies

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    Abortions are not covered by the AHC act. Are you that thick? As far as contraception being covered, pregnancy is covered too. Which do you think cost the ins. company more, pills or pregnancy and delivery? Supplying contraception cost less than not covering it.
    I don't know if I'm "thick" or not, but I've read several accounts, some from liberal based outlets, that abortions are covered in the ACA. Here's an example in which it indicates that the exchanges provide coverage plans with abortion and the exception is that they must provide at least one that doesn't cover abortions but you have to specifically ask for it:

    Obamacare 'Abortion Surcharge': The Facts Behind The Rumor

    Seems like a fairly comprehensive review to me - do you dispute the finds contained in the article?
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  7. #117
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,341

    Re: Florida Blue cutting 300K policies

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    When the question begins with "What if...", the argument is an exercise in mental masturbation...
    Is that what everyone here is doing then? Because no one KNOWS the answer.

  8. #118
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Florida Blue cutting 300K policies

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    When the question begins with "What if...", the argument is an exercise in mental masturbation...
    My policy is being canceled dec 31. The new policy that covers the same by the same company is about half as much

  9. #119
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    11-30-13 @ 07:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,293

    Re: Florida Blue cutting 300K policies

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    so are we.
    Digging ourselves deeper in the debt hole because of Obamadon'tcare isn't a positive.
    "“If we don’t deepen our ports all along the Gulf — places like Charleston, South Carolina; or Savannah, Georgia; or Jacksonville, Florida…” -Obama

  10. #120
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: Florida Blue cutting 300K policies

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    Is that what everyone here is doing then? Because no one KNOWS the answer.
    The fact is that individuals have lost their current insurance. Every post not addressing that fact is basically irrelevant and just speculative...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •