Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 96

Thread: Saudi Arabia warns U.S. that policy on Syria, Iran straining decades-old [W:70]

  1. #81
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Saudi Arabia warns U.S. that policy on Syria, Iran straining decades-old [W:70]

    That is great, cut them off. They want to be bitchy in the buy your friends program, then see ya. I am not really sure why you are so hot on the saudis, but if you love them so much maybe you should go live there.

  2. #82
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Saudi Arabia warns U.S. that policy on Syria, Iran straining decades-old [W:70]

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    That is great, cut them off. They want to be bitchy in the buy your friends program, then see ya. I am not really sure why you are so hot on the saudis, but if you love them so much maybe you should go live there.
    I see you have your title displayed prominently.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  3. #83
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    11-30-13 @ 07:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,293

    Re: Saudi Arabia warns U.S. that policy on Syria, Iran straining decades-old [W:70]

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    If Obama had not made that threat to bomb Syria, do you really think they would be willingly turning over their WMDs now?

    At the time it was a dumb move because it put the US in an awkward position of making a promise on the future when we would be certain what the situation would look like then, but something good seems to be coming out of it.

    Also Mubarak is a cripple in a hospital bed now, the man is ancient and his time was done. What good would it have done to try to help a man already at death's door hold onto power for a little longer and refusing to engage the obvious new leadership? Also what exactly do you think Obama could have done to prevent Mubarak from being overthrown, his own Army took him from power, how exactly do you say we could have stopped that?
    Last I checked, they hadn't turned any over yet. Maybe they will get around to it, sooner or later.

    Did Obama think about asking them to turn them over until Kerry screwed up? No. So I don't know what Syria would or would not have done. But in any case, it was nothing that the Obama administration had pushed for.

    But Obama and his incompetent sidekick Kerry made complete laughing stocks out of the US to the rest of the world. We can start getting some respect back just as soon as Obama is out of office but it won't happen until then. Our word can't be trusted.

    With Mubarak, he was a friend and we should have stuck by his side. Once again to send a message to the rest of the world. To late for that now though. Because of Obamas inability to look past the next 15 minuets, we have everybody in Egypt hating us. The Egyptian Army didn't do anything until they saw Obama was going to dumb Mubarak. Try to get them to trust us now. Ain't happening.
    "“If we don’t deepen our ports all along the Gulf — places like Charleston, South Carolina; or Savannah, Georgia; or Jacksonville, Florida…” -Obama

  4. #84
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    11-12-13 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    433

    Re: Saudi Arabia warns U.S. that policy on Syria, Iran straining decades-old [W:70]

    And now Obama gets blamed again because that's what teabaggers do. Yet it comes out recently that the US went to war with Iraq because Afghanistan was too easy and the US wanted to kick some a-s in Iraq. Kicking a-s is slang for slaughtering hundreds of thousands of innocent people. And some of you American swine call others Nazis? America has invented a whole new meaning for the term!

  5. #85
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Saudi Arabia warns U.S. that policy on Syria, Iran straining decades-old [W:70]

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael66 View Post
    And now Obama gets blamed again because that's what teabaggers do. Yet it comes out recently that the US went to war with Iraq because Afghanistan was too easy and the US wanted to kick some a-s in Iraq. Kicking a-s is slang for slaughtering hundreds of thousands of innocent people. And some of you American swine call others Nazis? America has invented a whole new meaning for the term!
    Yeah, yeah and Bush got the blame for that one.....time to roll with the Changes.

  6. #86
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Saudi Arabia warns U.S. that policy on Syria, Iran straining decades-old [W:70]

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    I see you have your title displayed prominently.
    Yes, but why are you so buddy buddy with the saudis? are you a secret muslim infiltrating the conservative fanatics of the US trying to bring them down from the inside?

  7. #87
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    11-12-13 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    433

    Re: Saudi Arabia warns U.S. that policy on Syria, Iran straining decades-old [W:70]

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Yeah, yeah and Bush got the blame for that one.....time to roll with the Changes.
    Blame whoever you like but remember that Hitler needed the cooperation of the people in order to fulfill his evil agenda. Americans also went along gleefully with Bush so does that make him the modern day Hitler or does it make Americans the modern day Nazis?

    The fact that the Iraq war was a war based on lies that slaughtered hundreds of thousands of innocents, just can't be counterspun any other way.

  8. #88
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Saudi Arabia warns U.S. that policy on Syria, Iran straining decades-old [W:70]

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael66 View Post
    Blame whoever you like but remember that Hitler needed the cooperation of the people in order to fulfill his evil agenda. Americans also went along gleefully with Bush so does that make him the modern day Hitler or does it make Americans the modern day Nazis?

    The fact that the Iraq war was a war based on lies that slaughtered hundreds of thousands of innocents, just can't be counterspun any other way.
    Which if we continue on all was agreeing with Obama and then the World gave him a Peace Prize. So he is far more influential than Bush was to the World. Now its his turn and his time. Its his watch so in the end it does fall on him now.

    Although now I think he has lost some of that influence with the Saud.

  9. #89
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    06-05-17 @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,968

    Re: Saudi Arabia warns U.S. that policy on Syria, Iran straining decades-old [W:70]

    Good, time to get off the oil teet and end these 'alliances' with such barbaric parts of the world.

  10. #90
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,985

    Re: Saudi Arabia warns U.S. that policy on Syria, Iran straining decades-old [W:70]

    i find it odd that obama is getting criticised for negotiating with a moderate Iran, and for not supporting the saber rattling of isreal and self interest of Saudi Arabia.

    i thought the ultimate goal was for there to be peace in the middle east.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •