Page 9 of 45 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 450

Thread: 'Delay’ suddenly not a dirty word at White House

  1. #81
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: 'Delay’ suddenly not a dirty word at White House

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Single payer modeled after Medicare is exactly what should have happened.
    Indeed. The ACA was the worst possible solution to a very real problem. Though there was lots of irony in seeing democrats so vigorously push ****ty center-right policy, just because party leadership adopted it. Not to mention, after spending the better part of two years justly vilifying the insurance industry.

    This whole debaclke has been one giant eye opening exercise in blind partisanship

  2. #82
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,600

    Re: 'Delay’ suddenly not a dirty word at White House

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    I remember when Bush rammed through his Medicare drug plan. The rollout was a disaster, and the Democrats wanted it done away with. Computer glitches made it so that senior citizens were unable to do the cost comparisons and choose the best price, and so that part of the program was delayed. In addition, some seniors were unable to get their prescriptions filled, due to computer glitches. Finally, it resulted in the Medicare Part D coverage gap, also known as the infamous donut hole. However, after some tweaking, things were much better than before the Bush plan, and seniors ended up saving a lot of money. I suspect that it will be the same here.

    But there is one difference between Bush's plan and Obama's plan, and that difference sticks out like a sore thumb. Although Democrats wanted the Bush plan killed, they didn't advocate shutting down the government or defaulting on the nation's bills.
    Did the democrats control the house? Was the legislation pushed off til the last minute? Did Bush stomp his feet and act like a child and refuse to talk to democrats or negotiate differences? Did Bushs Medicare reform force people onto plans they didnt want with threats of fines if they didnt comply? Oh...and then there is the fact that unlike Bush, Obama himself delayed implementation fo the business mandate because how bad IT is. So...across the board, its not exactly a valid comparison.

  3. #83
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    34,934

    Re: 'Delay’ suddenly not a dirty word at White House

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    Indeed. The ACA was the worst possible solution to a very real problem. Though there was lots of irony in seeing democrats so vigorously push ****ty center-right policy, just because party leadership adopted it. Not to mention, after spending the better part of two years justly vilifying the insurance industry.

    This whole debaclke has been one giant eye opening exercise in blind partisanship
    I still have a hard time imagining Republicans getting behind UHC, though. Creating large government programs that favor poor people isn't really their strong suit.

  4. #84
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,342

    Re: 'Delay’ suddenly not a dirty word at White House

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    My political leanings in this particular case is irrelevant. Just because I agree with repubs more than I agree with liberals shouldn't be a particularly surprising thing to you.

    And you are correct, the "throw the bums out!" attitude could very well strike at repubs in the house and senate as well, but IMHO, this relatively minor flap is NOTHING compared to the anger that is going to steadily build this next year as the elections come up, with Obamacare being felt more and more, and failing, coupled with the arrogance of the administration that has always been there, with NO accountability for their foul ups...

    Remember, it isn't just this....It's

    Obamacare
    Benghazi
    IRS scandal
    NSA spying on American's
    etc.

    How long can the corruption of this administration, and its useful tools out there continue to ignore these things before people just say, 'it's too much!'????
    It's true that much of Obama's reputation is riding on the ACA but there's still plenty of time for things to get ironed out by January when the programs actually open.
    The rest of that list are non-entities that only a handful of haters keep trying to get noticed.
    How much did we put up with in the last administration? The list is endless.
    As far as 2014, the Republicans have a huge hole to climb out of when 75% of the people don't want Republicans in charge of Congress.
    It looks to me like we are witnessing the last gasp of conservatism and it isn't pretty.

  5. #85
    Relentless Thinking Fury
    ChezC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,123

    Re: 'Delay’ suddenly not a dirty word at White House

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Ironic that Republicans have been striving to make this happen.
    Why do you think that? Insurance companies are the Dems soul mates. They both want to get paid to do nothing and it's always the other party's fault...

  6. #86
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: 'Delay’ suddenly not a dirty word at White House

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    I still have a hard time imagining Republicans getting behind UHC, though. Creating large government programs that favor poor people isn't really their strong suit.
    republicans weren't exactly behind the ACA, either. So I am a little lost here

  7. #87
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    34,934

    Re: 'Delay’ suddenly not a dirty word at White House

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    republicans weren't exactly behind the ACA, either. So I am a little lost here
    Thank you. I only just got cable and an internet connection, as well as learned English and spoke to other human beings for the first time ever yesterday, so I did not know that.

    My point was that the faults that Republicans find with the current and upcoming healthcare systems would be greatly addressed by a single payer system, but Republicans are unlikely to back this. In fact, the only solution I've ever heard from them is usually along the lines of "make it harder to sue doctors."

  8. #88
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: 'Delay’ suddenly not a dirty word at White House

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Thank you. I only just got cable and an internet connection, as well as learned English and spoke to other human beings for the first time ever yesterday, so I did not know that.
    I'm not the one who wrote something so stupid it required such a response

    My point was that the faults that Republicans find with the current and upcoming healthcare systems would be greatly addressed by a single payer system
    Obama was pretty adamant that he was against a single payer system

    but Republicans are unlikely to back this
    The DNC leadership isn't either. Did you even follow the healthcare debate? They pretty much used the public option as a bargaining chip that had no real teeth.

    In fact, the only solution I've ever heard from them is usually along the lines of "make it harder to sue doctors."
    Ok? I really don't understand your argument, but it pretty much comes off as partisan finger pointing, as opposed to a willingness to look at the failures of the DNC here. And assume you might be one of those overly reactive and partisan individuals that are arguing against my political lean, as opposed to what I wrote.

  9. #89
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    34,934

    Re: 'Delay’ suddenly not a dirty word at White House

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    I'm not the one who wrote something so stupid it required such a response



    Obama was pretty adamant that he was against a single payer system



    The DNC leadership isn't either. Did you even follow the healthcare debate? They pretty much used the public option as a bargaining chip that had no real teeth.



    Ok? I really don't understand your argument, but it pretty much comes off as partisan finger pointing, as opposed to a willingness to look at the failures of the DNC here. And assume you might be one of those overly reactive and partisan individuals that are arguing against my political lean, as opposed to what I wrote.

    The Demcrats' idea, half-assed as it is, is still the only plan offered up that solves anything at all. Do the Republicans have a plan that solves more problems than anything at all, or do they just want to dismantle the PPACA, wash their hands of health care reform and pretend this was all just some bad dream? Because the significant lack of pro-UHC rhetoric is making me lean a lot more towards the latter than the former.

  10. #90
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: 'Delay’ suddenly not a dirty word at White House

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    The Demcrats' idea, half-assed as it is, is still the only plan offered up that solves anything at all.


    It was ****ty policy that caters to current market interests and the democratic leadership never pushed anything more comprehensive. I'm not sure why you want to ignore that and constantly shift focus to the republicans. Yeah, they had no plan besides resistence to democratic interests. SO the **** what? The DNC still got the plan THEY WERE PUSHING.

    If they were pushing something more comprehensive then citing them might carry some relevancy, but it doesn't


    Do the Republicans have a plan that solves more problems than anything at all


    How does that change the validfity of the statement: the DNC pushed ****ty, center-right policy from the beginning and democrats vigorously supported it? FYI: it doesn't, you're litterally so lost in partisanship that you have no idea how to address that fact in any meaningful way. So you simply try to deflect, based on nothing more than the fact that I describe myself as "slightly conservative".

    It would be funny, except for the fact people like you vote and make-up a majority

    or do they just want to dismantle the PPACA, wash their hands of health care reform and pretend this was all just some bad dream? Because the significant lack of pro-UHC rhetoric is making me lean a lot more towards the latter than the former.
    lol, which brings up the same question I asked in the beginning: how is that meaningful when the ACA was similarly targeted and the dems never came out in support for UHC? Seriously, this is hilariously sad

Page 9 of 45 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •