Page 42 of 45 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast
Results 411 to 420 of 450

Thread: 'Delay’ suddenly not a dirty word at White House

  1. #411
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: 'Delay’ suddenly not a dirty word at White House

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    I'm deliberately ignoring your opinion Obamacare is irreparable, because A) I don't believe your opinion and B) it's false to say you cannot suggest improvements for something which is broken.

    You're deliberately avoiding answering my question because we both know what the answer is. So just admit what we both know and then everything will be great.

    That's just utter nonsense. Of course you do, otherwise you would not be working so hard to avoid answering my simple question. You have a clear interest in protecting the Republican party.

    I find it amusing you constantly accuse me of being a liberal (when I clearly am not) and at the same time protest your obvious affiliation with the Republican party. I don't care what the facts are, I seek the facts and the truth. Your constant avoidance on this question clearly shows the difference between you and me.
    Unfortunately that is the answer to your question, if a plan is perceived as not reparable why would anyone make proposals to improve it? I have answered the question, you ignore it. My affiliation is with the Conservative philosophy and NO conservative could ever support Obamacare thus it is irreparable.

  2. #412
    Sage
    Slyfox696's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    7,982

    Re: 'Delay’ suddenly not a dirty word at White House

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    That bill was a bit under 400 pages, not quite the 2,400 page bill that the ACA was.
    When you say "2,400 page bill", I'm sure what you really mean is "906 page bill".

    Link to the actual law: http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/PLAW-11...111publ148.pdf

    But you're bogging down in technicalities. You asked for a fat bill passed without having been read, and the Patriot Act qualifies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Unfortunately that is the answer to your question
    No, it is the answer you want to give because you don't want to give the real answer.

    Let me know if you change your mind and decide to actually answer the question I have asked.

  3. #413
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: 'Delay’ suddenly not a dirty word at White House

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    When you say "2,400 page bill", I'm sure what you really mean is "906 page bill".

    Link to the actual bill: http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/PLAW-11...111publ148.pdf

    But you're bogging down in technicalities. You asked for a fat bill passed without having been read, and the Patriot Act qualifies.
    No, it is the answer you want to give because you don't want to give the real answer.

    Let me know if you change your mind and decide to actually answer the question I have asked.
    To answer your question about what the Republicans have proposed to improve Obamacare first has to assume that people believe that Obamacare is reparable and I don't accept that therefore the answer to your question is repeal it. I have posted GOP Alternatives to Obamacare but that isn't good enough for you because you want Republicans to improve a plan that the majority in this country don't support nor do most Republicans. No conservative could ever support Obamacare

  4. #414
    Sage
    Slyfox696's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    7,982

    Re: 'Delay’ suddenly not a dirty word at White House

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    To answer your question about what the Republicans have proposed to improve Obamacare first has to assume that people believe that Obamacare is reparable and I don't accept that


    So just say what we both know, which is the Republicans have not offered any improvements. The WHY they haven't is irrelevant to my question, the fact is they have not (aside from the two I mentioned).

    So just admit the answer is none. Prove you aren't simply a political team player. Admit the truth, which is the Republicans have not officially proposed any improvements to Obamacare, aside from the medical device tax (which has support on both sides) and a repeal, which is not going to happen.

    Oh, and your assertion something broken cannot be improved is completely illogical.

  5. #415
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: 'Delay’ suddenly not a dirty word at White House

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post


    So just say what we both know, which is the Republicans have not offered any improvements. The WHY they haven't is irrelevant to my question, the fact is they have not (aside from the two I mentioned).

    So just admit the answer is none. Prove you aren't simply a political team player. Admit the truth, which is the Republicans have not officially proposed any improvements to Obamacare, aside from the medical device tax (which has support on both sides) and a repeal, which is not going to happen.

    Oh, and your assertion something broken cannot be improved is completely illogical.
    I wish I could type slower so you would understand it, there are no improvements to be made to Obamacare other than gutting it and starting over. I have told you over and over again that there are none because the bill is irreparable.

    logic, common sense, and now reading comprehension aren't strong traits of yours.

  6. #416
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-03-16 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,761

    Re: 'Delay’ suddenly not a dirty word at White House

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What part of this do you not understand, Obamacare is irreparable and has to be repealed to make it better. I answered your question, you didn't like the truth or cannot handle the truth.
    Seems the part that's misunderstood is core concept...

    What is it about people like you who continue to buy the Obama lies and ignore the actual results?
    Because he's here to save the world like Jesus... And he's the first (half)black president, so the only reason you won't bow down to his every command is because you are racist.

    I am part of NO team, I am a conservative, grew up a conservative Democrat until the party left me.
    I wouldn't mind hearing how that happened, pm me if you're willing...

    To the point; you are on the "not towing the Obama line team", therefore you must be dismissed by hook or by crook.

    You don't get it and never will, Obamacare is a disaster, "your" President lied to you,
    The sad part is that those that buy into the lies consider it an "investment" that allows for ever greater lies that only deepens this investment.

    Obama is running a pimp game on the American people... And the people are developing Stockholm syndrome and starting to love the abuser.

    It's really amazing because Obama was supposed to be a reprieve from bush era policies, but he's expanded everything bush was doing by a magnitude.

    and the govt. that created a 17 trillion dollar debt somehow has changed and this legislation will lower costs and improve quality. How naïve and gullible people like you are but the question is why?
    This is what it looks like when an empire dies...

  7. #417
    Sage
    Slyfox696's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    7,982

    Re: 'Delay’ suddenly not a dirty word at White House

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I wish I could type slower so you would understand it, there are no improvements to be made to Obamacare other than gutting it and starting over. I have told you over and over again that there are none because the bill is irreparable.

    logic, common sense, and now reading comprehension aren't strong traits of yours.
    You can keep twisting all you want, but we have seen you are simply a political team player.

    Admit Republicans have not officially proposed any improvements to Obamacare, aside from what I've mentioned. You may keep your belief on why they have not (regardless of how wrong it is), but simply admit they have not. Your constant avoidance on doing so shows you wear the red jersey quite well.

  8. #418
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-03-16 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,761

    Re: 'Delay’ suddenly not a dirty word at White House

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    That may be, but that wasn't my question. You are answering a question I did not ask.

    By the way, the first part of my post was not directed to you. It appears as if you're replying to me as if it was.

    That wasn't my question either. What's sad about this is you even quoted my actual question.

    Nonsense, I framed it exactly how I intended it and I'm still waiting on Conservative (and apparently you now) to answer it.

    Nonsense again. When you intentionally or unintentionally twist the question into something I did not ask, it is not me who is being dishonest.



    Post #358

    The only reason I didn't quote him is to avoid having him to click in a thread to realize he's not needed.

    Except I am asking the question I intended and have continued to ask it. You even quoted it. The problem is not on my end, the problem is on the end of the person deliberately avoiding answering it.

    It cannot be more clear. I'll even repeat for you (which means I've posted the same question more than 5 times now, I believe).

    "Aside from repeal or the medical device tax, what have Republicans officially proposed to improve Obamacare, which is going no where as long as Democrats are the majority power in government."

    It was me deciding not to allow you to sidetrack me from the issue I'm currently pushing. If you answer my question, then much like I told Conservative, I'll be happy to discuss the other things. But my answer comes first and I will not allow you or him/her to try and distract from answering.
    Ok, looked at it all and yes, you are being disingenuous... You are trying to have it both ways, and your question has been answered over a dozen times, Including the why of the answer...

    First, there have been two Proposals to "fix" Obamacare that conservative answered... You even acknowledged those answers by saying that response was unacceptable / not the answer you wanted.

    Second, you were told the other answer that ACA is unfixable...

    You were even explained WHY there seems to be no working with ACA... Because the system is so complex and interlocking that there's nothing that CAN fix it to be workable... So the only solution is to restart.

    You have to know that your question is the same as asking "other than every proposed solution what have they proposed"... If you can't see that as a dishonest and leading question then there's other problems too.

  9. #419
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,690

    Re: 'Delay’ suddenly not a dirty word at White House

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    When you say "2,400 page bill", I'm sure what you really mean is "906 page bill".

    Link to the actual law: http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/PLAW-11...111publ148.pdf

    It's funny how you edit out the part of my post that clearly states exactly what your just said and make it look like you are teaching me something. What you left out was the fact that the bill in question had 1500 pages of other legislation (like the federal takeover of student loans) crammed into it that had nothing at all to do with health care. Maybe you don't actually know that, though, in which case please educate yourself.

    Should the Congress have just ignored the other 1500 pages of law they were being asked to vote on simply because it was sold as a health care bill?


    But you're bogging down in technicalities. You asked for a fat bill passed without having been read, and the Patriot Act qualifies.
    No, it is the answer you want to give because you don't want to give the real answer.
    No, it doesn't really qualify because it wasn't a particularly fat bill, by your accounting method the PATRIOT Act was only 132 pages.

  10. #420
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: 'Delay’ suddenly not a dirty word at White House

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post


    So just say what we both know, which is the Republicans have not offered any improvements. The WHY they haven't is irrelevant to my question, the fact is they have not (aside from the two I mentioned).

    So just admit the answer is none. Prove you aren't simply a political team player. Admit the truth, which is the Republicans have not officially proposed any improvements to Obamacare, aside from the medical device tax (which has support on both sides) and a repeal, which is not going to happen.

    Oh, and your assertion something broken cannot be improved is completely illogical.
    Why did the Democrats pass this legislation when they didn't know what was in it? Shouldn't something as big as this be investigated thoroughly, with majority bipartisan support and the majority approval of the American people before something of this scale is passed? But of course it wasn't.

    It was passed for political reasons, often selfish reasons, and ideological reasons. Now the left wing ideologues want bad legislation to be 'fixed' rather than go through the process in a responsible way that corresponds with financial realities, the will of the legislators, and the people they represent.

    Is this anyway to tun a country?

Page 42 of 45 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •