Page 40 of 45 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 400 of 450

Thread: 'Delay’ suddenly not a dirty word at White House

  1. #391
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    11-12-13 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    433

    Re: 'Delay’ suddenly not a dirty word at White House

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I think it is great that you love your country and in fact I love mine and wouldn't move to Canada for any amount of money. That love of your country is skewing reality and the cost of living is reality. I know you love the WHO study because it tells you what you want to believe but ignores some major factors such as mortality rates are a poor judge of healthcare quality as many factors go into mortality rates. In addition. citizen satisfaction is ignored in the study or given very poor weight so explain to me how a country can rank low and have high favorability ratings by the citizens? You put way too much faith in an outdated survey that doesn't even have the ability to verify the data or compile the data accurately between countries.

    http://content.healthaffairs.org/content/20/3/10.long
    I don't 'love' my country. I love my wife and children and some others but I don't love countries. That's something that Americans are trained from childhood to say. And I don't love the WHO study, I just trust it as being a fair analysis of the facts.

    The WHO study is a lot more than 'mortality rates', whatever the hell that's supposed to be. I think it's something you made up to tell me how many people die in a country.

    I don't know how a country can rank low and high favourability ratings. It's certainly not indicative of Canada and so it doesn't any sense to me. Your country is the one that ranks low, as to health care comparisons and I don't know if you think it's favourable or not. I imagine that anything American has to be the best so that could be causing you some confusion.

    Maybe if Americans would stop the patriotic flagwaving and have a look at how so many countries are leaving you behind in so many ways, you would come to realize that you're being ripped off by the very wealthy. The second highest income inequality in the world should tell you something!

    Anything else you want to try to impress me with now?

  2. #392
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: 'Delay’ suddenly not a dirty word at White House

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    But that does NOT answer my question. Go back and read my question again if you've forgotten the question.
    I have answered your question as to what alternative to Obamacare have the Republicans offered and I support that alternative

  3. #393
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: 'Delay’ suddenly not a dirty word at White House

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    But that does NOT answer my question. Go back and read my question again if you've forgotten the question.
    Your question,
    What has the Republicans officially proposed to improve Obamacare?
    Answer: REPEAL IT

  4. #394
    Sage
    Slyfox696's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    7,986

    Re: 'Delay’ suddenly not a dirty word at White House

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I have answered your question as to what alternative to Obamacare have the Republicans offered and I support that alternative
    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Your question,

    Answer: REPEAL IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    But that's not improving Obamacare, that's doing away with it completely and offering to institute their own plan. That's simply not realistic, given the fact Republicans are the minority party in government right now.

    I'd like to see, aside from repeal/defund/delay and the medical device tax (which has support on both sides), what proposals Republicans are offering to improve Obamacare, not replace it.

    Conservative seems unwilling or incapable of providing such information. Maybe you can help me instead. It's a question I genuinely have, as I always like to have the most facts available. What proposals have the Republicans officially offered to improve Obamacare?
    It's sad when I have to resort to quoting myself just to get you to answer a simple question. So are you going to answer my question or not?

  5. #395
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: 'Delay’ suddenly not a dirty word at White House

    Michael66;1062482426]I don't 'love' my country. I love my wife and children and some others but I don't love countries. That's something that Americans are trained from childhood to say. And I don't love the WHO study, I just trust it as being a fair analysis of the facts.
    When you site a decade old ranking and a flawed report as facts you show your inability to do any fair analysis. WSJ showed how flawed the report was and yet you continue to tout it. There is no reputable study that shows Canadian healthcare is better than ours and you know that.


    The WHO study is a lot more than 'mortality rates', whatever the hell that's supposed to be. I think it's something you made up to tell me how many people die in a country.
    You tout an outdated ranking as proving your point and don't understand that mortality rates are part of that ranking? What you apparently did is look at the ranking and not the details behind the ranking and supported it because it says what you want to believe

    I don't know how a country can rank low and high favourability ratings. It's certainly not indicative of Canada and so it doesn't any sense to me. Your country is the one that ranks low, as to health care comparisons and I don't know if you think it's favourable or not. I imagine that anything American has to be the best so that could be causing you some confusion.
    Obviously again you didn't read the WSJ report nor do you have any idea what determined such a low ranking for this Country. I suggest you do better research. What are the FIVE areas WHO used in their ranking?

    Maybe if Americans would stop the patriotic flagwaving and have a look at how so many countries are leaving you behind in so many ways, you would come to realize that you're being ripped off by the very wealthy. The second highest income inequality in the world should tell you something!
    LOL, yep, we could be and maybe will be after Obama be like those European socialist utopia countries that you seem to believe have passed us by. Income inequality? You promoting wealth redistribution? How about you telling me how someone in this country getting rich takes it from someone else. I sure didn't. that is the problem with people like you, you have no concept of how our economy works and the fact that it is a growing economy. Maybe that is because yours is only 1.3 trillion a year and not 16.5 trillion and growing.

    Anything else you want to try to impress me with now?
    No, already did that by posting Cost of living numbers

  6. #396
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: 'Delay’ suddenly not a dirty word at White House

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    It's sad when I have to resort to quoting myself just to get you to answer a simple question. So are you going to answer my question or not?
    I answered the question but you don't like the answer. To make Obamacare better, you repeal it and start over

  7. #397
    Sage
    Slyfox696's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    7,986

    Re: 'Delay’ suddenly not a dirty word at White House

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I answered the question but you don't like the answer. To make Obamacare better, you repeal it and start over
    I don't like the answer because you did not answer my question, you answered a question I never asked. Just once, answer MY question. But you can't, which pretty much tells me all I need to know. Your constant avoidance has answered my question numerous times, I'm just curious to see if you'll ever simply admit it.

  8. #398
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: 'Delay’ suddenly not a dirty word at White House

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    I don't like the answer because you did not answer my question, you answered a question I never asked. Just once, answer MY question. But you can't, which pretty much tells me all I need to know. Your constant avoidance has answered my question numerous times, I'm just curious to see if you'll ever simply admit it.
    I copied your question and answered it, you don't like the answer, so be it. Have a good one

  9. #399
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-03-16 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,761

    Re: 'Delay’ suddenly not a dirty word at White House

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    I don't like the answer because you did not answer my question, you answered a question I never asked. Just once, answer MY question. But you can't, which pretty much tells me all I need to know. Your constant avoidance has answered my question numerous times, I'm just curious to see if you'll ever simply admit it.
    What do you mean?? Look, there is no fixing Obamacare as it is written... you get insurance lobbies to write their ideal legislation. Then they give a version to Romney and a version to Obama, that are virtually identical solutions. Don't believe it?



    So, when the answer to your question is the only reasonable solution: that the law is THAT BAD, FOR EVERYBODY (except those running the insurance companies that effectively WROTE the legislation), there is no reasonable way to fix a monstrosity like :



    It's a monstrosity that is almost incomprehensible in its complexity and in this way there's no way to even know how to comply with it, nevermind to implement this "vision" of obama.

    There comes a time in the planning and the beginning stages of implementation of a project where, any problems need to be addressed, but with extreme complexity prevents any solutions to be offered that would not generate even further problems and complications. Once this threshold is crossed, there really is only one viable solution, and that is to scrap the plan and start over from scratch.

    That's why you keep getting that answer that you refuse to hear... and it doesn't matter how that is unlikely to happen, that's really the only viable answer.

    So, as I've said repeatedly, this plan will work like the Nigerian email scam... If you are not familiar, that's where you get an email from prince shu-bha from Nigeria who has millions of dollars to give you, but you gotta give him some cash to get the money sent to you... you send the money, then an email comes back saying why it can't happen and that more money is needed to resolve the problems so you can get the princes cash. You send more and the cycle repeats until you have given everything.

    Just because you are unwilling to accept an answer does not mean it's an avoidance... perhaps you are just not that good with words and intended to ask a question different from the question that was read and answered (multiple times now).

    So, how about you rephrase the question more concisely if you are not satisfied with the answer?

  10. #400
    Sage
    Slyfox696's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    7,986

    Re: 'Delay’ suddenly not a dirty word at White House

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I copied your question and answered it, you don't like the answer, so be it. Have a good one
    Let me know whenever you choose to actually answer the question you copied, not the question you wanted to answer because the real answer was inconvenient for you.

    Once more you avoid answering the question, and once more you affirm what I already knew to be true about Republicans and you.
    Quote Originally Posted by BmanMcfly View Post
    What do you mean??
    I mean, aside from repeal or the medical device tax, what have Republicans officially proposed to improve Obamacare, which is going no where as long as Democrats are the majority power in government.

    It's really not a difficult question. J-Mac already answered it, I'm just really curious as to why other people cannot be just as honest.

    Just because you are unwilling to accept an answer does not mean it's an avoidance
    No, the fact he has not answered my question (like j-mac did) means it is avoidance.

    ... perhaps you are just not that good with words and intended to ask a question different from the question that was read and answered (multiple times now).
    No, what's REALLY happening is Conservative doesn't want to answer it because it makes his beloved team look like they are little more than children throwing a tantrum.

    So, how about you rephrase the question more concisely if you are not satisfied with the answer?
    Because I know his avoidance has nothing to do with not understanding the answer, but rather not wanting to answer because of team politics.

Page 40 of 45 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •