Page 26 of 45 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 450

Thread: 'Delay’ suddenly not a dirty word at White House

  1. #251
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: 'Delay’ suddenly not a dirty word at White House

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Um, it doesn't matter what the FF's personal feelings were, the document they left behind, as interpreted by the current conservative SC, found that the individual mandate did not violate it.

    Further, the individual mandate was an idea championed by the conservative Heritage Foundation for over 2 decades.

    This is how far baggers have strayed from their conservative roots.
    the individual mandate never even made it past the negotiation stage back then. So it wasn't like there was wide political support for it among conservatives even then. But you are correct, there has been a clear shift in republican politics since then, which is why it's always bizarre when people cite past policy positions, even though they are based on being totally misinformed about what popular positions were actually at that point in time

  2. #252
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,268

    Re: 'Delay’ suddenly not a dirty word at White House

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Poor Con, your argument about the constitutionality has failed, your argument about roads has failed, you recognize that the propaganda is the source of negativity before the ACA has even been in effect......and all you can do is to turn into a Texas Tornado and spew anything and everything from your post producing software.

    You have no coherent argument, it just bounces from talking point to talking point...never once pausing to reflect upon its errors.
    Do you get paid by the post? Do they teach you to ignore data from BLS.gov, BEA.gov, and the U.S. Treasury along with official govt. data on how roads are funded. I know you are a self employed private contractor who employs no one. You spend a lot of time here promoting the Democratic Party which supports my claim that you are a Democratic Operative.

    You have proven nothing regarding ACA, roads, the Constitution. Then you make wild claims none of which refute the data and results I post but in your world opinion trumps reality. Guess yours is the only business where you can get paid for looking foolish.

  3. #253
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,268

    Re: 'Delay’ suddenly not a dirty word at White House

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    FFS, Con! The roads you use to get to national highways.....the local roads, the roads you use 100% of the time, are funded by LOCAL BONDS, not federal tax dollars.

    What, is your house's property line against a federal highway, bypassing all state/local roads?

    I guess your post generating software did not recognize the argument.....Good grief.
    Construction yes, repairs, NO. you need to learn the difference. Local use taxes fund roads, bridges, and infrastructure. Too bad people like you bought the unified budget thus all dollars are the same and thus fund whatever the politicians want.

  4. #254
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: 'Delay’ suddenly not a dirty word at White House

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Construction yes, repairs, NO.
    http://www.texasahead.org/lga/96-940.pdf


    you need to learn the difference. Local use taxes fund roads, bridges, and infrastructure. Too bad people like you bought the unified budget thus all dollars are the same and thus fund whatever the politicians want.
    While the Texas House and Senate are busy competing over which chamber can come up with the most funding for public schools, another top priority of state government has taken a back seat — roads. Though roads are needed to get to school, work and make our economy thrive, state lawmakers continue to demonstrate that roads are NOT a top funding priority for state government. Instead, lawmakers are content to push the state’s obligation to fund our state highway system down to the local level by using LOCAL sales tax and property tax to build STATE highway projects.

    Senate Bill 1110 that passed the Texas House Thursday will go straight to Gov. Rick Perry’s desk. The bill gives local authorities the ability to use property tax and sales tax to build TOLL projects. So the road would be built with tax money, but Texans would be charged a toll to actually use the road.

    DOUBLE TAX: Texas lawmakers vote to use property taxes to build toll roads - WatchdogWire - Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  5. #255
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,268

    Re: 'Delay’ suddenly not a dirty word at White House

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    http://www.texasahead.org/lga/96-940.pdf




    While the Texas House and Senate are busy competing over which chamber can come up with the most funding for public schools, another top priority of state government has taken a back seat — roads. Though roads are needed to get to school, work and make our economy thrive, state lawmakers continue to demonstrate that roads are NOT a top funding priority for state government. Instead, lawmakers are content to push the state’s obligation to fund our state highway system down to the local level by using LOCAL sales tax and property tax to build STATE highway projects.

    Senate Bill 1110 that passed the Texas House Thursday will go straight to Gov. Rick Perry’s desk. The bill gives local authorities the ability to use property tax and sales tax to build TOLL projects. So the road would be built with tax money, but Texans would be charged a toll to actually use the road.

    DOUBLE TAX: Texas lawmakers vote to use property taxes to build toll roads - WatchdogWire - Texas
    do you have a point? The state and federal govt. can designate whatever they want to fund by whatever means they want but none of that changes the reality of what the taxes were created to fund and the fact that tax dollars have been wasted due to the unified budgets. You will note that the TX state govt. informed the taxpayers as to what they were going to use for the roads. You haven't refuted anything that I posted

  6. #256
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: 'Delay’ suddenly not a dirty word at White House

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    do you have a point? The state and federal govt. can designate whatever they want to fund by whatever means they want but none of that changes the reality of what the taxes were created to fund and the fact that tax dollars have been wasted due to the unified budgets. You will note that the TX state govt. informed the taxpayers as to what they were going to use for the roads. You haven't refuted anything that I posted
    Yes yes, showing that use taxes do NOT fund 100% of local/state roads in no way counters your claim:

    "Roads are funded by the excise taxes on the gasoline you purchase. You really should learn what your taxes fund. If you don't drive you don't pay for the roads"

    The music is over, stop dancing.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  7. #257
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,268

    Re: 'Delay’ suddenly not a dirty word at White House

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Yes yes, showing that use taxes do NOT fund 100% of local/state roads in no way counters your claim:

    "Roads are funded by the excise taxes on the gasoline you purchase. You really should learn what your taxes fund. If you don't drive you don't pay for the roads"

    The music is over, stop dancing.
    Do you get paid for downright lies or just by the post? Are you telling me that excise taxes on gasoline and diesel don't fund the highway system and repairs? Are you telling me that the unified budget hasn't taken any Federal excise tax dollars and spent that money on items other than roads, bridges, and infrastructure? Why do you care what a state does with its dollars especially states where you don't live? Tell me what Federal Taxes other than Excise taxes as well as other use taxes fund the Federal Highway system repairs?

  8. #258
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: 'Delay’ suddenly not a dirty word at White House

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Do you get paid for downright lies or just by the post? Are you telling me that excise taxes on gasoline and diesel don't fund the highway system and repairs? Are you telling me that the unified budget hasn't taken any Federal excise tax dollars and spent that money on items other than roads, bridges, and infrastructure? Why do you care what a state does with its dollars especially states where you don't live? Tell me what Federal Taxes other than Excise taxes as well as other use taxes fund the Federal Highway system repairs?

    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  9. #259
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,268

    Re: 'Delay’ suddenly not a dirty word at White House

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Getting used to that being the way you answer direct questions. Do you get paid for not answering as well?

  10. #260
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-03-16 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,761

    Re: 'Delay’ suddenly not a dirty word at White House

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    But we're not talking about that, we're talking about the reasons for wanting to delay the legislation. The Republicans wish to delay it because it works to achieve their political position of repealing Obamacare. The Democrats delaying it does NOT achieve their political position of instituting Obamacare, in fact, it goes against it. The delay for Democrats is to provide fairness to those required to sign up.
    That's the alinskey model; when plans that were designed to fail actually fail, they just blame any and all opposition on that failure and so get to double down on the agenda.

    Nope. I'm simply speaking in logic and facts and for that you are calling me a liberal/lefty when I most certainly am not. I can only assume then you believe logic and facts to belong exclusively to liberals/leftys.
    What you are doing has nothing to do with logic and facts... What you are doing is about corruption and control.

    To call you a lefty is an insult to democrats.... You are talking more like an authoritarian communist in the vein of Stalin or Mao.

    What does that have to do, in any way, with the discussion we were having? I pointed out how the $640 million number is completely false. That was it.
    Was going to have a different response until I read this whole post...

    It doesn't matter if the 600 mil was false... When even for 600$ what was provided as a final product was completely unworkable and a failure... So, in typical fashion (and as I had predicted would happen) the blame was laid on the oppositions shoulders.

    Let's say you buy a 5$ burger at mcdonalds and The order is wrong, would you accept it of the manager came and told you that it was burger kings fault that your burger was not right?

    Well, why would expect that bs to fly in this situation?

    Unlike you, I don't believe people should be fired simply because other people didn't do their job. I do not have enough information about where exactly the problems existed to know who dropped the ball.

    Why are you so interested in having people fired? Does it make you giddy to know someone's livelihood is ruined, or at the very least, delayed? Does it make you happy to know someone is much less able to provide for their family?
    Well, in typical fashion of your type, you are an apologist for corruption and find failure in a job to be acceptable... Perhaps even desirable so long as you can politically use that failure.

    I do not take pride in people losing thei jobs or their livelihoods... However I am also deeply against rewarding ineptitude as you clearly are willing to do, and frankly if a person is incapable of performing the job they are paid to do then they should find something more appropriate for them to do...

    Yes, I believe that describes the Republican position on shutting down the government over Obamacare quite well.
    Good spin.... I****.

    Well said.
    No, I provided an example of how the total cost was not $640 million for the website on the first day it opened. The fact you're trying to twist words shows you know have a losing position.
    Again, to have paid those people for incompetence is a disservice to all competent coders and website developers that take pride in their work and provide a legitimate service and fulfil their contracts on time, on budget, and functioning as expected.

    Cute.
    No, you are not being cute, you are acting as a despicable liar... This is getting even worse than what you were accusing from bush not so many years ago... Except now you act as a hypocrite and encourage even worse.

    The right idea is to not have the government do its job, put thousands of people in an uncertain position with their job, cause billions of dollars of damage to the economy, put us at risk for a credit downgrade and possibly trigger a worldwide economic collapse?

    Wow, if you think that's the right thing to do, then I hope you never become a politician.
    When that all happens you will still be incapable of putting the blame in obamas hands where it belongs...

Page 26 of 45 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •