Page 25 of 45 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 450

Thread: 'Delay’ suddenly not a dirty word at White House

  1. #241
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,252

    Re: 'Delay’ suddenly not a dirty word at White House

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Gee, how did that turn out for the baggers?

    Not so good...huh?

    Too bad for the conservative radicals.
    It is going to turn out great because no one is going to remember the shutdown but most are going to remember the Obamacare failed rollout and its unpopularity.

  2. #242
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: 'Delay’ suddenly not a dirty word at White House

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What do you think is included in the price of gasoline, diesel, and license fees? Roads are funded by user taxes unless of course those funds are put into a unified budget and spent like politicians always do. Maybe you ought to stop buying what you are told and get actual data and facts. Any idea how much funding is collected daily by those use fees?
    Apparently I know that user fees DO NOT cover the costs, that bonds are a larger and larger portion (especially for local roads), so this myth that "if you don't own a car, you don't pay for roads".... is false.

    But go ahead and keep arguing in the face of facts, facts have never caused you to change a talking point.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  3. #243
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,252

    Re: 'Delay’ suddenly not a dirty word at White House

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Apparently I know that user fees DO NOT cover the costs, that bonds are a larger and larger portion (especially for local roads), so this myth that "if you don't own a car, you don't pay for roads".... is false.

    But go ahead and keep arguing in the face of facts, facts have never caused you to change a talking point.
    Bonds are for construction and user fees were established for maintenance. there never will be enough money when you put user fees into the unified budget and have it spent on everything other than roads. Please explain to me what the non user fees are other than bonds for construction? What do the non drivers pay for roads?

    I will never understand people like you who simply have no concept of what your taxes fund, no idea that we have a unified budget, and no understanding at all about how to research results. You buy the rhetoric and ignore the results. What is it about liberalism that creates this kind of loyalty?

  4. #244
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: 'Delay’ suddenly not a dirty word at White House

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    It is going to turn out great because no one is going to remember the shutdown but most are going to remember the Obamacare failed rollout and its unpopularity.
    Hell, you just proved once again that radicals ignore facts, whether it is roads or that the baggers failed.

    The propaganda against the ACA will ultimately fail too, but the denial of baggers will remain.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  5. #245
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,252

    Re: 'Delay’ suddenly not a dirty word at White House

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Hell, you just proved once again that radicals ignore facts, whether it is roads or that the baggers failed.

    The propaganda against the ACA will ultimately fail too, but the denial of baggers will remain.
    How much power do you want the Federal Govt. to have? Propaganda? you are good at spreading it and not so good at looking at results. Why exactly are so many people against ACA? Could it be that they cannot keep their doctors or their healthcare plan? Could it be that costs are going to go up and insurance companies are going to drop coverage? Of course not, that couldn't be it at all, it is raciist

  6. #246
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: 'Delay’ suddenly not a dirty word at White House

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Bonds are for construction and user fees were established for maintenance. there never will be enough money when you put user fees into the unified budget and have it spent on everything other than roads. Please explain to me what the non user fees are other than bonds for construction? What do the non drivers pay for roads?

    I will never understand people like you who simply have no concept of what your taxes fund, no idea that we have a unified budget, and no understanding at all about how to research results. You buy the rhetoric and ignore the results. What is it about liberalism that creates this kind of loyalty?
    Hold on there, who pays the bonds? Are you arguing that it is limited to drivers only?
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  7. #247
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,252

    Re: 'Delay’ suddenly not a dirty word at White House

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Hold on there, who pays the bonds? Are you arguing that it is limited to drivers only?
    Who forces you to buy a bond? the Federal Govt. pays for those bonds to get people to invest. Learn how those bonds are funded

    http://www.ugpti.org/events/policy/d...gtonHughes.pdf

    I cannot believe how brainwashed people like you are. It is rather sad that no matter what the results you continue to buy the rhetoric. Just goes to show how uneducated you are regarding the funding of individual items in this country and how you support a massive central govt. because you cannot seem to sell your state on what you want.

  8. #248
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: 'Delay’ suddenly not a dirty word at White House

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    How much power do you want the Federal Govt. to have? Propaganda? you are good at spreading it and not so good at looking at results. Why exactly are so many people against ACA? Could it be that they cannot keep their doctors or their healthcare plan? Could it be that costs are going to go up and insurance companies are going to drop coverage? Of course not, that couldn't be it at all, it is raciist
    Poor Con, your argument about the constitutionality has failed, your argument about roads has failed, you recognize that the propaganda is the source of negativity before the ACA has even been in effect......and all you can do is to turn into a Texas Tornado and spew anything and everything from your post producing software.

    You have no coherent argument, it just bounces from talking point to talking point...never once pausing to reflect upon its errors.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  9. #249
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: 'Delay’ suddenly not a dirty word at White House

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    That's not what I said, and I've already said earlier in this thread that is not the case. But the political calculation, in this instance, is to avoid political harm by forcing unfair and unreasonable measures. If the website was working perfectly, the Democrats would not want (and not give) an extension.
    But that is still pursuing political interests. It's just here the political interest is not pissing a bunch of people off. If they could still press the deadline, without it causing them a huge political ****storm I'm sure they would. So it seems you're doing little more than arguing a distinction without a difference.

    Hell, if the democrats were actually concerned about the greater good here they would have pursued meaningful reform, as opposed to the political victory

  10. #250
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: 'Delay’ suddenly not a dirty word at White House

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Who forces you to buy a bond? the Federal Govt. pays for those bonds to get people to invest. Learn how those bonds are funded
    FFS, Con! The roads you use to get to national highways.....the local roads, the roads you use 100% of the time, are funded by LOCAL BONDS, not federal tax dollars.

    What, is your house's property line against a federal highway, bypassing all state/local roads?

    I guess your post generating software did not recognize the argument.....Good grief.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

Page 25 of 45 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •