Page 24 of 45 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 450

Thread: 'Delay’ suddenly not a dirty word at White House

  1. #231
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: 'Delay’ suddenly not a dirty word at White House

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    That's not what I said, and I've already said earlier in this thread that is not the case. But the political calculation, in this instance, is to avoid political harm by forcing unfair and unreasonable measures. If the website was working perfectly, the Democrats would not want (and not give) an extension.
    Unfair and unreasonable? Do you understand what those words mean? You think our Founders would support the Federal Govt. forcing people to buy a product from any source? Life is about making choices and it is the choice of individuals whether or not they want to be insured. Forcing them to do so is unfair and unreasonable. The Democrats couldn't care less about ACA, they want the mandate, the power, the slush fund, and the dependence.

  2. #232
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: 'Delay’ suddenly not a dirty word at White House

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Unfair and unreasonable? Do you understand what those words mean? You think our Founders would support the Federal Govt. forcing people to buy a product from any source? Life is about making choices and it is the choice of individuals whether or not they want to be insured. Forcing them to do so is unfair and unreasonable. The Democrats couldn't care less about ACA, they want the mandate, the power, the slush fund, and the dependence.
    Um, it doesn't matter what the FF's personal feelings were, the document they left behind, as interpreted by the current conservative SC, found that the individual mandate did not violate it.

    Further, the individual mandate was an idea championed by the conservative Heritage Foundation for over 2 decades.

    This is how far baggers have strayed from their conservative roots.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  3. #233
    Sage
    Slyfox696's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    7,971

    Re: 'Delay’ suddenly not a dirty word at White House

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Unfair and unreasonable? Do you understand what those words mean?
    Yes, fining someone for not signing up for something they do not have the power to sign up for is unfair and unreasonable, which is why Democrats pushed for an extension.

    You think our Founders would support the Federal Govt. forcing people to buy a product from any source?
    A) Yes B) Who cares?

    Contrary to popular belief of people like you, this is no longer the 1780s. Our world has changed in so many ways our Founders would think it stupid to insist on doing things the way they were done in the late 1700s.

    Life is about making choices and it is the choice of individuals whether or not they want to be insured.
    And life is also about making the choice to make sure no one is sentenced to die simply because they are poor. Our country has made the choice to protect those who cannot otherwise afford life saving medical care.

    Forcing them to do so is unfair and unreasonable.
    No one is forcing them to. You are more than welcome to not purchase insurance, you'll just have to pay a tax, much like you already do to provide Social Security, military defense, road construction, etc.

  4. #234
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: 'Delay’ suddenly not a dirty word at White House

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Um, it doesn't matter what the FF's personal feelings were, the document they left behind, as interpreted by the current conservative SC, found that the individual mandate did not violate it.

    Further, the individual mandate was an idea championed by the conservative Heritage Foundation for over 2 decades.

    This is how far baggers have strayed from their conservative roots.
    Keep distorting the SC ruling which was regarding taxing authority but that doesn't matter to people like you nor the 40% that support the law. The House was doing its job, cutting off the funding.

  5. #235
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: 'Delay’ suddenly not a dirty word at White House

    Slyfox696;1062473113]Yes, fining someone for not signing up for something they do not have the power to sign up for is unfair and unreasonable, which is why Democrats pushed for an extension.
    You mean the Republican proposal which the Democrats refused to negotiate on?

    A) Yes B) Who cares?

    Contrary to popular belief of people like you, this is no longer the 1780s. Our world has changed in so many ways our Founders would think it stupid to insist on doing things the way they were done in the late 1700s.
    So the Constitution doesn't mean anything to you? Where in that Constitution does it give Congress the power to force people to buy a personal responsibility product?

    And life is also about making the choice to make sure no one is sentenced to die simply because they are poor. Our country has made the choice to protect those who cannot otherwise afford life saving medical care.
    Do you ever use the brain God gave you? Ever hear of Medicaid? Our liberals in Congress decided it was I their best interest to implement another entitlement program to give them more power and control of the finances. Don't you think the trillions in unfunded liabilities for SS and Medicare be eliminated before starting another entitlement program and putting the money into the unified budget?

    No one is forcing them to. You are more than welcome to not purchase insurance, you'll just have to pay a tax, much like you already do to provide Social Security, military defense, road construction, etc.
    Liberal logic 101. SS is a self funding contributory program that NOT EVERYONE PARTICIPATES in. Provide for the common defense is funded by income taxes. Roads are funded by the excise taxes on the gasoline you purchase. You really should learn what your taxes fund. If you don't drive you don't pay for the roads

  6. #236
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: 'Delay’ suddenly not a dirty word at White House

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Keep distorting the SC ruling which was regarding taxing authority but that doesn't matter to people like you nor the 40% that support the law.
    Yes dear, the taxing authority WITHIN THE INDIVIDUAL MANDATE. It was found to be constitutional.

    Live with it.



    The House was doing its job, cutting off the funding.
    "Quick! I need a distraction from my failed points!"
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  7. #237
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: 'Delay’ suddenly not a dirty word at White House

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Yes dear, the taxing authority WITHIN THE INDIVIDUAL MANDATE. It was found to be constitutional.

    Live with it.



    "Quick! I need a distraction from my failed points!"
    Thus the House voting to defund it. The Congress has the right to tax but the Congress has the right to pull that funding. Keep diverting and distorting. How much are you getting paid to pass of this bs?

  8. #238
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: 'Delay’ suddenly not a dirty word at White House

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Roads are funded by the excise taxes on the gasoline you purchase. You really should learn what your taxes fund. If you don't drive you don't pay for the roads
    Another myth:

    Today's study also found that the share of road funding generated by user fees fell to 51 percent in 2007, down from 61 percent just a decade earlier. (The accounting used by Subsidyscope, a joint project of the Pew Charitable Trusts and the Sunlight Foundation, accounted for the use of about one-sixth of federal gas tax revenue to pay for transit.)

    Think Roads Pay for Themselves? Think Again | Streetsblog New York City
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  9. #239
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: 'Delay’ suddenly not a dirty word at White House

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Thus the House voting to defund it. The Congress has the right to tax but the Congress has the right to pull that funding. Keep diverting and distorting. How much are you getting paid to pass of this bs?
    Gee, how did that turn out for the baggers?

    Not so good...huh?

    Too bad for the conservative radicals.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  10. #240
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: 'Delay’ suddenly not a dirty word at White House

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Another myth:

    Today's study also found that the share of road funding generated by user fees fell to 51 percent in 2007, down from 61 percent just a decade earlier. (The accounting used by Subsidyscope, a joint project of the Pew Charitable Trusts and the Sunlight Foundation, accounted for the use of about one-sixth of federal gas tax revenue to pay for transit.)

    Think Roads Pay for Themselves? Think Again | Streetsblog New York City
    What do you think is included in the price of gasoline, diesel, and license fees? Roads are funded by user taxes unless of course those funds are put into a unified budget and spent like politicians always do. Maybe you ought to stop buying what you are told and get actual data and facts. Any idea how much funding is collected daily by those use fees?

Page 24 of 45 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •