Page 14 of 45 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 450

Thread: 'Delay’ suddenly not a dirty word at White House

  1. #131
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,036

    Re: 'Delay’ suddenly not a dirty word at White House

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    So, republicans have to become liberals to be supported? So, you are in favor of a one party system....Well, McCain, and Graham are good starts, but hint for ya....Graham may not be there for long.....heh, heh....
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    LOL~!!! What part of this are you having the most trouble with? Is it A) that I'm not a republican supporter B) That I am very open about the fact republicans lacked anything even resembling a viable health plan C) That such is irrelevant to the points we are discussing, due to the fact the democrats never had an interest in pushing UHC and that THEY GOT THE PLAN THEY WERE PUSHING?


    You should be honestly ashamed of the fact that you can't even manage discussing the topic


    So your argument is that the dems should only fight for policy that is better than what the republicans are pushing, and not actual meaningful reforms that work? See, that is the problem, becayuse that outlines a mentality of putting party interest before those of the country


    I keep accusing you of passing the buck because you keep passing the buck


    1) No, if you were actually unhappy with it you would push for something better, as opposed to agreeing with it out of party interests. 2) actually supporting effective policy, regardless of political affiliation, requires something akin to independent thought. A skill you seem wholly incapable of at this point
    What's hilarious is that with every insistence that it's not the Republican's responsibility to come up with anything better, you're only confirming my earlier assertion that true health care reform isn't high on their list of priorities. Just keeping bitching and bitching and bitching about the PPACA. That's leadership, guys.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dickieboy View Post
    Actually they have ('better' is certainly questionable), perhaps you just weren't listening...GWB in 2007 advanced a plan to address these SAME issues in a different way:
    Bush's health plan: Who will pay less, who will pay more - Jan. 23, 2007
    Here's several other RECENT GOP plans:
    Seriously? The Republicans Have No Health Plan? - Forbes

    And the common theme from Nancy/Democrats was 'dead on arrival'...sound familiar?


    Bush: "I've got a healthcare reform idea!"
    Democrats: "Nuh uh."
    Bush: "Okay."

    Yep, just more of that Republican go-get-em attitude when it comes to solving the healthcare problem. Of course, it would be extremely unfair of me to not give credit to the Republican who did in fact enact his own solution. A governor of Massachusetts, if I recall, but well, that's probably not the example you were hoping for.

  2. #132
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,939
    Blog Entries
    25

    Re: 'Delay’ suddenly not a dirty word at White House

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    It's even funnier than your think because the House has been offering the postponement compromise since at least mid-July, about the same time the Healthcare.gov site was failing its preliminary tests and contractors were advising the system wouldn't be ready.
    I didn't realize that, all the talk centered around the defunding of Obamacare and the delay at least that I was hearing at the time was offered as a counter proposal to the total defunding. Live and learn
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  3. #133
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,939
    Blog Entries
    25

    Re: 'Delay’ suddenly not a dirty word at White House

    Quote Originally Posted by Dickieboy View Post
    Check that:

    House GOP's Third Shutdown Offer Would Delay Individual Mandate By One Year

    The 'delay the mandate' offer was the day BEFORE the shutdown began...furthering your amusing point
    If so, the the needless shutdown as I refereed to it needs to be capitalized to NEEDLESS SHUTDOWN.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  4. #134
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: 'Delay’ suddenly not a dirty word at White House

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    What's hilarious is that with every insistence that it's not the Republican's responsibility to come up with anything better, you're only confirming my earlier assertion that true health care reform isn't high on their list of priorities. Just keeping bitching and bitching and bitching about the PPACA. That's leadership, guys.





    Bush: "I've got a healthcare reform idea!"
    Democrats: "Nuh uh."
    Bush: "Okay."

    Yep, just more of that Republican go-get-em attitude when it comes to solving the healthcare problem. Of course, it would be extremely unfair of me to not give credit to the Republican who did in fact enact his own solution. A governor of Massachusetts, if I recall, but well, that's probably not the example you were hoping for.
    It exactly the solution hoped for, a state run program that can easily get dismantled if there is failure not a massive Big Federal Program that creates nothing more than a slush fund for politicians. Seems that is something some don't understand, State vs Federal!

  5. #135
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,036

    Re: 'Delay’ suddenly not a dirty word at White House

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    It exactly the solution hoped for, a state run program that can easily get dismantled if there is failure not a massive Big Federal Program that creates nothing more than a slush fund for politicians. Seems that is something some don't understand, State vs Federal!
    What reform would you have liked to see?

  6. #136
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: 'Delay’ suddenly not a dirty word at White House

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    What reform would you have liked to see?
    I would like to see the Federal regulations lifted and the Federal govt. completely out of the process letting the states implement their own program like MA did. I am not for the MA program because I believe in the free market but at least they did something at the state and local level. I would like to see states promote healthcare exchanges and allow businesses to pool their resources to creating buying groups for insurance. I would like to see insurance companies selling across state lines, Tort reform, and more incentives provided to the private sector customer to promote competition in the business.

    I definitely don't want to see this

    Obama raising money off HealthCare.gov problems | Fox News

    Our campaigner in chief who has zero leadership skills.

  7. #137
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,351

    Re: 'Delay’ suddenly not a dirty word at White House

    Quote Originally Posted by Perotista View Post
    If so, the the needless shutdown as I refereed to it needs to be capitalized to NEEDLESS SHUTDOWN.
    Good afternoon, Pero.

    It wouldn't surprise me if the mandate were delayed. The current problems people are having when trying to comply with the law is making enough news to embarrass the administration, who have had a few years to ensure that the system worked. They knew exactly how many people would be attempting to get on board, so why are they surprised or unhappy now at being criticized for the failure? BHO said it will be fixed as soon as possible, but what are people supposed to in until it is? Most of us don't have the time to keep checking and checking to see if it works "today."

  8. #138
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,036

    Re: 'Delay’ suddenly not a dirty word at White House

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I would like to see the Federal regulations lifted and the Federal govt. completely out of the process letting the states implement their own program like MA did. I am not for the MA program because I believe in the free market but at least they did something at the state and local level. I would like to see states promote healthcare exchanges and allow businesses to pool their resources to creating buying groups for insurance. I would like to see insurance companies selling across state lines, Tort reform, and more incentives provided to the private sector customer to promote competition in the business.

    I definitely don't want to see this

    Obama raising money off HealthCare.gov problems | Fox News

    Our campaigner in chief who has zero leadership skills.
    I could see a state-by-state solution if the problem were localized to a few states, but the problem is fully nationwide. Your suggestion would have the solution, such as it is, hobbling along for years before it managed to solve anything. This is especially demonstrated by your "companies selling across state lines" suggestion. How many decades do you think it would be before every state managed to come up with their own bill to make that happen? Your solution is a non-solution.

    ...Tort reform...
    Right. Make it hard to sue doctors, as if that was the cause of the healthcare problem all along.

  9. #139
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: 'Delay’ suddenly not a dirty word at White House

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    What's hilarious is that with every insistence that it's not the Republican's responsibility to come up with anything better, you're only confirming my earlier assertion that true health care reform isn't high on their list of priorities. Just keeping bitching and bitching and bitching about the PPACA. That's leadership, guys.

    Bush: "I've got a healthcare reform idea!"
    Democrats: "Nuh uh."
    Bush: "Okay."

    Yep, just more of that Republican go-get-em attitude when it comes to solving the healthcare problem. Of course, it would be extremely unfair of me to not give credit to the Republican who did in fact enact his own solution. A governor of Massachusetts, if I recall, but well, that's probably not the example you were hoping for.
    Kinda confused...first you claim:


    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post

    ...In fact, the only solution I've ever heard from them is usually along the lines of "make it harder to sue doctors."

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post

    ...Do the Republicans have a plan ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post

    ...and the Republicans have offered nothing better for me to flock to.
    Which were proven wrong...you move the 'goal post' to they didn't try hard enough...
    "The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure" - 2006 Senator Obama...leadership failure indeed!

  10. #140
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,753

    Re: 'Delay’ suddenly not a dirty word at White House

    Quote Originally Posted by BmanMcfly View Post
    Yes, and Liz fowler, one of the main people credited for crafting the bill was also a VP for one of the largest insurance companies in the us...

    So, we are making the same point... This was made by and for insurance companies and nothing more.

    It's all about maximizing profits; which means maximizing cost (to customers) while minimizing services offered.
    Also not true. Check out this article, which just came out at FOX News.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

Page 14 of 45 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •