Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233
Results 321 to 328 of 328

Thread: Drone strikes killing more civilians than U.S. admits - human rights groups [W:165]

  1. #321
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Drone strikes killing more civilians than U.S. admits - human rights groups say

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    Yay you have a book. Doesn't prove anything other than you have a book, but good job! Oh wait....it wasn't a good job.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  2. #322
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: Drone strikes killing more civilians than U.S. admits - human rights groups say

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Yay you have a book. Doesn't prove anything other than you have a book, but good job! Oh wait....it wasn't a good job.
    The implication would be that I've learned so much of the history that your attempts to try to teach me basically anything about international relations is doomed to failure. Like...you're ****ed, dude. I can't imagine what you're gonna know that's going to come as some revelation. I've read Zinn. I've read Walt/Waltz. I've read Chomsky, I've read Jervis.

    You might just have to make an argument that doesn't presume that the other person just "doesn't know" what actually happened (because that's basically all you've been doing). Can you do that? Let's see.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  3. #323
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Drone strikes killing more civilians than U.S. admits - human rights groups say

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    The implication would be that I've learned so much of the history that your attempts to try to teach me basically anything about international relations is doomed to failure. Like...you're ****ed, dude. I can't imagine what you're gonna know that's going to come as some revelation. I've read Zinn. I've read Walt/Waltz. I've read Chomsky, I've read Jervis.

    You might just have to make an argument that doesn't presume that the other person just "doesn't know" what actually happened (because that's basically all you've been doing). Can you do that? Let's see.
    I don't presume, I merely go off the offered data. I don't care what books you claim you've read, if you are informed on the matter it will come out in your arguments. And your arguments have not yet reflected that knowledge. So quit talking about books and start getting to the point, else one will have no other choice than to believe that all this "I've read X and Y" is just deflection nonsense and you have no real input or argument. That's all.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  4. #324
    Whoa, daddy!
    MadLib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 04:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,225

    Re: Drone strikes killing more civilians than U.S. admits - human rights groups say

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    informed on the matter it will come out in your arguments
    Informed enough to say that South Korea didn't benefit from the Korean War, or that Japan and Germany are the only modern democracies that were established by military intervention?
    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Hah. If someone put me in their sig, I'd never know. I have sigs off.

  5. #325
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: Drone strikes killing more civilians than U.S. admits - human rights groups say

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    I don't presume, I merely go off the offered data. I don't care what books you claim you've read, if you are informed on the matter it will come out in your arguments. And your arguments have not yet reflected that knowledge. So quit talking about books and start getting to the point, else one will have no other choice than to believe that all this "I've read X and Y" is just deflection nonsense and you have no real input or argument. That's all.
    What? I've given you plenty of knowledge. You're just not listening. So go read a ****ing book, because apparently you don't even know about the Korean War, but you're here blabbering about intervention.

    Aren't you the guy that thought a 35P in the military wouldn't intimate detail about the NSA?
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  6. #326
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Drone strikes killing more civilians than U.S. admits - human rights groups say

    Quote Originally Posted by MadLib View Post
    Informed enough to say that South Korea didn't benefit from the Korean War, or that Japan and Germany are the only modern democracies that were established by military intervention?
    No, not so much that they were established by military interventionism; but rather due to the environment of their people they were able to accept and hold onto democracy. Germany certainly as it had it before Hitler took power, Japan because they were a united people and united culture and were defeated and had to admit that. SK is less stark as they were already fighting Japanese imperialism of their own and became their own entity after Japan was defeated in WW II and thus had already shown themselves united and capable of fighting for their own. None of this is true with the current ME countries and we can see that decades and decades of interventionism there has led to nothing good, and our wars have produced nothing good. Just thousands of dead Americans and trillions more in debt.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  7. #327
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Drone strikes killing more civilians than U.S. admits - human rights groups say

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    What? I've given you plenty of knowledge. You're just not listening. So go read a ****ing book, because apparently you don't even know about the Korean War, but you're here blabbering about intervention.

    Aren't you the guy that thought a 35P in the military wouldn't intimate detail about the NSA?
    No you didn't, "hahahahahaha" doesn't count as "given" knowledge. It's deflection and nothing more. You appear to be one more to echo what superiors have told you in your arguments than one who can formulate an argument on your own.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  8. #328
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: Drone strikes killing more civilians than U.S. admits - human rights groups say

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    No you didn't, "hahahahahaha" doesn't count as "given" knowledge. It's deflection and nothing more. You appear to be one more to echo what superiors have told you in your arguments than one who can formulate an argument on your own.
    I didn't say I did in that particular post, did I?

    Or did you just go assuming things again? And then, in the very next breath, assume that whatever I've "been told" is somehow wrong and what you've "been told" is right, thus reverting to the idea that you have some information that others don't? Can you do better than that?

    EDIT: and lol wtf were you trying to do with "given" vs giving?
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •