Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: GROWING THE DEBT: US resumes $1.6 billion in Pakistan aid after hiatus

  1. #1
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    GROWING THE DEBT: US resumes $1.6 billion in Pakistan aid after hiatus

    When will the insanity end with the Obama administration, why are we giving billions to countries that hate us? Maybe one of you Obama lovers can explain that to me?
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  2. #2
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,340
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: GROWING THE DEBT: US resumes $1.6 billion in Pakistan aid after hiatus

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    When will the insanity end with the Obama administration, why are we giving billions to countries that hate us? Maybe one of you Obama lovers can explain that to me?
    Okay.

    I was about to go to bed.

    When I saw this from my iPad and I had to get my computer started up because this needs a reply.

    Navy for all the ignorant, homophobic, idiotic partisan crap you've ever said... THIS might rank up there with the stupidest bollocks to ever be typed by you.

    1) The word resume means the following: To begin or take up again after interruption.

    Which means this is not a new thing... IN FACT!

    2) This was started under the Bush Administration.

    Foreign aid to Pakistan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Between 2002-2010, US Congress approved $18 billion[7] in military and economic aid from the United States. However the Pakistan Treasury only received $8.647 in direct financial payments. 
    Western officials have claimed nearly 70% (roughly $3.4 billion) of Military aid given to the military has been misspent in 2002-2007 and used to cover civilian deficit.However,Pakistan argues the civilian deficit was caused by poor economy from the War on Terror. However U.S-Pakistani relationship has been a transactional based and U.S military aid to Pakistan and aid conditions has been shrouded in secrecy for several years until recently .[8][9][9][10] Furthermore a significant proportion of U.S. economic aid for Pakistan has ended up in back in the U.S., as funds are channeled through large U.S. contractors. A U.S. lawmaker also said majority of U.S. economic aid has not left the U.S. as it spent on consulting fees and overhead cost.[11][12] Pakistan also states it has spent $80 billion on the War on Terror since 2001.[1]


    3) Pakistan is in a very fragile state, and for the most part much of it's highest echelons remain US allies. Problem is, some people assume that money can buy the loyalty of an entire country and every soldier that wears it's flag. That's a preposterous idea... not only that but the money keeps things in the country relatively stable. Pakistan CANNOT GO FAILED STATE. It is a country with nuclear weapons.

    Even Mega Nutjob Michelle Bachmann understood this...

    Rick Santorum And Michele Bachmann Surprising Voices Of Reason At Republican Debate | Mediaite

    “Pakistan is a very difficult area,” Bachmann stated, ”I would not agree with that assessment to pull all foreign aid from Pakistan…because Pakistan has a nuclear weapon. We have more– people affiliated with Al Qaeda closer to that nuclear bomb than in any nation. This is an extremely important issue.”
    To say Obama is to "Blame" for aid to Pakistan is absolutely, 1000% ****ing absurd.

  3. #3
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: GROWING THE DEBT: US resumes $1.6 billion in Pakistan aid after hiatus

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Okay.

    I was about to go to bed.

    When I saw this from my iPad and I had to get my computer started up because this needs a reply.

    Navy for all the ignorant, homophobic, idiotic partisan crap you've ever said... THIS might rank up there with the stupidest bollocks to ever be typed by you.

    1) The word resume means the following: To begin or take up again after interruption.

    Which means this is not a new thing... IN FACT!

    2) This was started under the Bush Administration.

    Foreign aid to Pakistan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Between 2002-2010, US Congress approved $18 billion[7] in military and economic aid from the United States. However the Pakistan Treasury only received $8.647 in direct financial payments. 
    Western officials have claimed nearly 70% (roughly $3.4 billion) of Military aid given to the military has been misspent in 2002-2007 and used to cover civilian deficit.However,Pakistan argues the civilian deficit was caused by poor economy from the War on Terror. However U.S-Pakistani relationship has been a transactional based and U.S military aid to Pakistan and aid conditions has been shrouded in secrecy for several years until recently .[8][9][9][10] Furthermore a significant proportion of U.S. economic aid for Pakistan has ended up in back in the U.S., as funds are channeled through large U.S. contractors. A U.S. lawmaker also said majority of U.S. economic aid has not left the U.S. as it spent on consulting fees and overhead cost.[11][12] Pakistan also states it has spent $80 billion on the War on Terror since 2001.[1]


    3) Pakistan is in a very fragile state, and for the most part much of it's highest echelons remain US allies. Problem is, some people assume that money can buy the loyalty of an entire country and every soldier that wears it's flag. That's a preposterous idea... not only that but the money keeps things in the country relatively stable. Pakistan CANNOT GO FAILED STATE. It is a country with nuclear weapons.

    Even Mega Nutjob Michelle Bachmann understood this...

    Rick Santorum And Michele Bachmann Surprising Voices Of Reason At Republican Debate | Mediaite



    To say Obama is to "Blame" for aid to Pakistan is absolutely, 1000% ****ing absurd.
    When are you lefties going to stop blaming Bush for your heroes failed administration? 10 year, 50 year 100 years? Obama administration gave away these billions today. Do you know you as and American could not walk down a Pakistani street and be safe............Tell your hero to stop this insanity. He has already got the country bankrupt. we give 1.6 billion to them that we borrowed from China..........Its really unbelievable that you are so ****ing bias you can defend it.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  4. #4
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: GROWING THE DEBT: US resumes $1.6 billion in Pakistan aid after hiatus

    Nobody cares....Sad.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: GROWING THE DEBT: US resumes $1.6 billion in Pakistan aid after hiatus

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    When will the insanity end with the Obama administration, why are we giving billions to countries that hate us? Maybe one of you Obama lovers can explain that to me?
    I have to wonder if the republicans are really about stopping this sort of spending, which has occurred under republican rule also so blaming Obama for it is missing the point, why didn't they shut down the government until we looked at foreign aid to ungrateful crap countries like pakistan? He might have gotten some support if they insisted aid to the middle east countries cease entirely and we let them handle their own messes. Oh, but the republicans also believe in shelling out money to countries who hate us, and they are not an alternative that would end this sort of thing.

    Maybe you should look to your own house instead of throwing blame around to people who do exactly what those you feel are heroes also do. The only difference in Obama, Bush, Boehner, Cruz, Reid, and mcconnel are their names when it comes to foreign aid, so please do stop pretending your guys are less of a bunch of slime than anyone else on this issue.

  6. #6
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: GROWING THE DEBT: US resumes $1.6 billion in Pakistan aid after hiatus

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    I have to wonder if the republicans are really about stopping this sort of spending, which has occurred under republican rule also so blaming Obama for it is missing the point, why didn't they shut down the government until we looked at foreign aid to ungrateful crap countries like pakistan? He might have gotten some support if they insisted aid to the middle east countries cease entirely and we let them handle their own messes. Oh, but the republicans also believe in shelling out money to countries who hate us, and they are not an alternative that would end this sort of thing.

    Maybe you should look to your own house instead of throwing blame around to people who do exactly what those you feel are heroes also do. The only difference in Obama, Bush, Boehner, Cruz, Reid, and mcconnel are their names when it comes to foreign aid, so please do stop pretending your guys are less of a bunch of slime than anyone else on this issue.
    Since I am neither a republican or a democrat but a registered independent so my house I fine.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: GROWING THE DEBT: US resumes $1.6 billion in Pakistan aid after hiatus

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Since I am neither a republican or a democrat but a registered independent so my house I fine.
    Just because you do not admit to the label does not mean you do not fit it completely. Believe me, you are a tea party person. I am not even sure why a person like you would not be sending money to their cause. They fight for everything you believe in. Tea party or not, we do know where your vote goes. For someone pretending they not them you sure do spend a lot of time promoting them and complaining when others insult them. Perhaps there is a reason you confuse people?

  8. #8
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,089

    Re: GROWING THE DEBT: US resumes $1.6 billion in Pakistan aid after hiatus

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    When will the insanity end with the Obama administration, why are we giving billions to countries that hate us? Maybe one of you Obama lovers can explain that to me?
    Navy Pride when Bush was president...

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/archiv...post1057624451

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride
    Pakistan is and ally of the USA an the only way it would ever do any military strike there is with the permission of the government......
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/archiv...post1057621590

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride
    Pakistan today is and ally of the U.S.....
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/archiv...post1057619881

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride
    At this moment Pakistan is and ally of ours
    Navy Pride having NO PROBLEM with aid to Pakistan in 2008:

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/archiv...post1057626527

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride
    Pakistan is and ally of the U.S. We provide them billions in aid every year.......Why would we invade them?
    In the wise words of my grandfather: Your words will eat you.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  9. #9
    Sage
    Born Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sonny and Nice
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:49 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,396

    Re: GROWING THE DEBT: US resumes $1.6 billion in Pakistan aid after hiatus

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Navy Pride when Bush was president...

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/archiv...post1057624451



    http://www.debatepolitics.com/archiv...post1057621590



    http://www.debatepolitics.com/archiv...post1057619881



    Navy Pride having NO PROBLEM with aid to Pakistan in 2008:

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/archiv...post1057626527



    In the wise words of my grandfather: Your words will eat you.
    Navy Pride said "When will the insanity end with the Obama administration, why are we giving billions to countries that hate us? Maybe one of you Obama lovers can explain that to me?"

    The key word is "Hate Us" does that mean Pakistan hates us as you claim?
    Liberals - Punish the Successful, Reward the Unsuccessful
    Liberals - Tax, Borrow, Spend, and Give Free Stuff
    Obama's legacy - President Donald Trump

  10. #10
    Mildly Hostile
    505's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    New Mexico
    Last Seen
    11-20-17 @ 03:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,363

    Re: GROWING THE DEBT: US resumes $1.6 billion in Pakistan aid after hiatus

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Navy Pride when Bush was president...

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/archiv...post1057624451



    http://www.debatepolitics.com/archiv...post1057621590



    http://www.debatepolitics.com/archiv...post1057619881



    Navy Pride having NO PROBLEM with aid to Pakistan in 2008:

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/archiv...post1057626527



    In the wise words of my grandfather: Your words will eat you.
    Disclaimer: If you are offended by the above post, and you aren't a SJW or truther, grow a pair.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •