Page 98 of 121 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108 ... LastLast
Results 971 to 980 of 1205

Thread: School shooting this morning . . .

  1. #971
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Tactic #3-accusing others of the very tactic you have engaged in
    You make this **** up?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #972
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,754

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I guess because it takes so long to get an answer and everyone jumps in with no context just throwing support, well, it's kind of funny to watch. He could end it easily by answering, admitting or not replying.
    Yet he already has, only you didn't accept it because you wanted to troll more.

    "I did it because it's funny to watch" is probably somewhere in the definition of trolling...

    But I did want to ask...does this mean you agree with him?
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  3. #973
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You make this **** up?
    What is so funny? It's obviously very true. Everyone else sees it too.

  4. #974
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    No, I asked you what makes you think that your belief that more than 7 rounds is not needed takes precedence over another person's belief that they DO need more than 7 rounds. The above does not address that question, unless you are basically saying that you belief your OPINION, as stated above, actually DOES take precedence over another free law-abiding citizen's opinion on what they believe they need to defend themselves.
    And I said mine isn't, but it's not about beliefs. That's the answer I gave back when you asked that. I thought you were talking about the other one. Fir this one it isn't about beliefs but support. I can find any event where someone need more than seven rounds, but that's a negative and hard to prove, that's why the burden is usually with the positive claim, that you need them. Therefore, not about either of our beliefs.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #975
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    What is so funny? It's obviously very true. Everyone else sees it too.
    If you say so ChrisL.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #976
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    And I said mine isn't, but it's not about beliefs. That's the answer I gave back when you asked that. I thought you were talking about the other one. Fir this one it isn't about beliefs but support. I can find any event where someone need more than seven rounds, but that's a negative and hard to prove, that's why the burden is usually with the positive claim, that you need them. Therefore, not about either of our beliefs.
    Why does a law-abiding citizen have to prove to you that they need more than 7 rounds? What is that you fear?

  7. #977
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    If you say so ChrisL.
    Just read the posts. It's quite obvious to everyone.

  8. #978
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,809

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    for those who are actually here to learn something


    yeah its an advertisement but the facts are correct
    Home Invasion: Contemporary Fighting Arts

    Many home invasions will have multiple intruders.
    38% of all assaults occur during a home invasion.
    60% of all reported rapes occur during a home invasion.
    1 of every 5 homes will experience a home invasion.
    The primary intent behind most home invasions is robbery (i.e., home invasion robbery)
    The most common weapons used in home invasions are knives and edged weapons.
    Victims are physically injured in 47% of all home invasions.
    68% of all home invaders are strangers to their victims.
    The most common home invasion entry point is the front door.



  9. #979
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    Yet he already has, only you didn't accept it because you wanted to troll more.

    "I did it because it's funny to watch" is probably somewhere in the definition of trolling...

    But I did want to ask...does this mean you agree with him?
    No, I said I did it out of curiosity, but everyone's reaction was fun to watch. Not that I did for their reaction.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #980
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, I said I did it out of curiosity, but everyone's reaction was fun to watch. Not that I did for their reaction.
    You don't have a leg to stand on. You have no valid reason to object.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •