Page 97 of 121 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107 ... LastLast
Results 961 to 970 of 1205

Thread: School shooting this morning . . .

  1. #961
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    157,641

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Oh really? Well please answer me again. I must have missed it.
    that's another tactic-claiming they answered a question and demand you go back and find it
    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    Why would you not want to register your weapon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Celebrity View Post
    , as long as you can own one or fewer guns, your right to bear a firearm is not being infringed upon.

  2. #962
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-29-16 @ 03:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,808

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    So if you agree there is no need for need, why do you keep insisting that you need a proven need?

















    It's simple enough, I find the claim to be an exaggeration. I think that shows weakness in his argument. But mostly I was curios and wanted to see how he was going to support it. I have given him plenty if opportunity to say he really can't.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #963
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-15-14 @ 11:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    If you did not like my answer, follow up. What about you should be able to show record if it happens is nit adequate?
    You don't give answers. You answer questions with other questions, or you deny, deny, deny.

    No I don't have to prove anything to you. You would have to prove that it DOES NOT EVER happen in order to justify your position.

  4. #964
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,394

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    It's simple enough, I find the claim to be an exaggeration. I think that shows weakness in his argument. But mostly I was curios and wanted to see how he was going to support it. I have given him plenty if opportunity to say he really can't.
    Yet, since there is no need for proof of need, why bother?

    Edit: I mean, this **** has been going on for multiple pages, and you're telling me all you've been doing is trolling TD?
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  5. #965
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-29-16 @ 03:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,808

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Oh really? Well please answer me again. I must have missed it.
    I don't know why this would not be clear:

    I've seen no evidence it happens that way. My experience tells me they run away. But if it happens as you say, we should have verifiable record of that.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #966
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    157,641

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    It's simple enough, I find the claim to be an exaggeration. I think that shows weakness in his argument. But mostly I was curios and wanted to see how he was going to support it. I have given him plenty if opportunity to say he really can't.
    I did and everyone else acknowledged it

    I said

    1) there is a possibility you might need more rounds

    2) every major police department determined that 6 shot revolvers were not sufficient

    end of story-you lose
    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    Why would you not want to register your weapon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Celebrity View Post
    , as long as you can own one or fewer guns, your right to bear a firearm is not being infringed upon.

  7. #967
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-29-16 @ 03:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,808

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    Yet, since there is no need for proof of need, why bother?
    I guess because it takes so long to get an answer and everyone jumps in with no context just throwing support, well, it's kind of funny to watch. He could end it easily by answering, admitting or not replying.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #968
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    157,641

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I guess because it takes so long to get an answer and everyone jumps in with no context just throwing support, well, it's kind of funny to watch. He could end it easily by answering, admitting or not replying.
    Tactic #3-accusing others of the very tactic you have engaged in
    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    Why would you not want to register your weapon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Celebrity View Post
    , as long as you can own one or fewer guns, your right to bear a firearm is not being infringed upon.

  9. #969
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-29-16 @ 03:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,808

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I did and everyone else acknowledged it

    I said

    1) there is a possibility you might need more rounds

    2) every major police department determined that 6 shot revolvers were not sufficient

    end of story-you lose
    I answered one by saying if that us true, you can show record of when someone needed them

    I answered two by pointing out police have a different job and giving links showing that.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #970
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-15-14 @ 11:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I don't know why this would not be clear:

    I've seen no evidence it happens that way. My experience tells me they run away. But if it happens as you say, we should have verifiable record of that.
    No, I asked you what makes you think that your belief that more than 7 rounds is not needed takes precedence over another person's belief that they DO need more than 7 rounds. The above does not address that question, unless you are basically saying that you believe your OPINION, as stated above, actually DOES take precedence over another free law-abiding citizen's opinion on what they believe they need to defend themselves.

Page 97 of 121 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •