Page 96 of 121 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106 ... LastLast
Results 951 to 960 of 1205

Thread: School shooting this morning . . .

  1. #951
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you gave no links that supported the idiotic claim that citizens would never need more than 7 rounds. and you never gave any links that justify cops having 17 round weapons and other people not having them

    most importantly, you cannot find any argument that justifies why you have spent so much time attacking those of us who believe in free choice when you finally admitted you really have no argument

    you tend to avoid taking concrete positions where you will get destroyed due to ignorance of the subject with attacking the process and pretending that matters rather than the substance. Its common with anti gun posters to whine about secondary issues
    Saying I don't believe your claiming and asking for support isn't me making a claim. Sorry.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #952
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    Whose claim?

    Whoever claimed there was a need for more than 7 rounds is confused themselves as to where the need should be placed.

    Not on that side of the argument, I say.
    TD made the claim, and I agree he's confused on this.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #953
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I've seen no evidence it happens that way. My experience tells me they run away. But if it happens as you say, we should have verifiable record of that.
    You haven't provided any evidence of that. That is simply your opinion which isn't any more valid than anyone else's. You seem to have an inflated sense of self importance and seem to think that what you believe should be the rule for everyone else. What makes you think that your belief that a person does NOT need more than 7 rounds takes precedence over what an individual believes he/she needs to defend him/herself? You have still YET to explain that adequately.

  4. #954
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    And I answered you.
    No you have not. You have answered none of my questions adequately. You do not debate. You demand things from others while refusing to provide your own proof with the excuse that you are just asking questions. It's really quite a pathetic and transparent tactic. What do you take us for anyway?

  5. #955
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    You haven't provided any evidence of that. That is simply your opinion which isn't any more valid than anyone else's. You seem to have an inflated sense of self importance and seem to think that what you believe should be the rule for everyone else. What makes you think that your belief that a person does NOT need more than 7 rounds takes precedence over what an individual believes he/she needs to defend him/herself? You have still YET to explain that adequately.
    Mine isn't the positive claim. He claims it's needed, the positive claim. Therefore the burden is his. If I claimed they needed to be limited, then the burden would be mind. But I have not made that claim. He said he could defend himself if they were limited. He has to support that.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #956
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    TD made the claim, and I agree he's confused on this.
    So if you agree there is no need for need, why do you keep insisting that you need a proven need?

















    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  7. #957
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,627

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    So if you agree there is no need for need, why do you keep insisting that you need a proven need?









    its to harass pro gun posters

    note he attempts to hold us to standards he never meets and other anti gun liberals never meet



  8. #958
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    No you have not. You have answered none of my questions adequately. You do not debate. You demand things from others while refusing to provide your own proof with the excuse that you are just asking questions. It's really quite a pathetic and transparent tactic. What do you take us for anyway?
    If you did not like my answer, follow up. What about you should be able to show record if it happens is nit adequate?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #959
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    And I answered you.
    Oh really? Well please answer me again. I must have missed it.

  10. #960
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,627

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    If you did not like my answer, follow up. What about you should be able to show record if it happens is nit adequate?
    you have conceded defeat. everyone else sees this

    you made a claim. it has no support in either substantive or procedural relevance



Page 96 of 121 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •